Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama closing the gap in Pennsylvania April 22 Democratic Primary

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Barack Obama closing the gap in Pennsylvania April 22 Democratic Primary

Pennsylvania Democratic Presidential Primary
    Pennsylvania: Clinton 49% Obama 39%

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Pennsylvania shows Hillary Clinton leading Barack Obama 49% to 39%. That’s changed from earlier in the month when Clinton led 51% to 38%.
    In the Keystone State, Clinton is now viewed favorably by 68% of Likely Democratic Primary Voters. That’s down from 76% in the previous survey. Obama is viewed favorably by 71%, a figure that is little changed from 72% earlier in the month.
    If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, just 55% of Clinton voters say they are even somewhat likely to vote for him against John McCain. That’s down two points from 57%.
    If Clinton is the nominee, just 55% of Obama voters say they are at least somewhat likely to vote for her against McCain. That’s down nine points from 64%.
    A separate survey found that both Democrats are in a competitive race with John McCain for Pennsylvania’s Electoral College votes. Nationally, McCain currently leads both Democrats in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll.
    Eighty-seven percent (87%) of Likely Democratic Primary voters in Pennsylvania have read, seen, or heard about comments made by Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s former Pastor. Nearly half, 47%, say it has no impact on their vote. Fifteen percent (15%) say Wright’s comments make them more likely to vote for Obama while 36% say the opposite.
    Overall, 38% are somewhat or very concerned about Obama’s relationship with Wright. That figure includes 62% of Clinton supporters, 11% of Obama voters, and 36% of those who are undecided.
    Just 4% of Likely Democratic Primary Voters rate the economy as good or excellent while 67% say it’s in poor shape. Just 3% say it is getting better while 88% say the economy is getting worse. Nationally, the Rasmussen Consumer Indexshows that consumer and investor confidence has fallen to the lowest level of the past seven years.
    Thirty-three percent (33%) believe the U.S. and its allies are winning the War on Terror while 25% believe the terrorists are winning. Just 15% believe the situation in Iraq will get better over the next six months while 43% say the opposite.
    The previous Pennsylvania surveyfound that most voters disagreed with comments made by former Democratic Vice Presidential nominee Geraldine Ferraro. However, they also believed that Obama has received better treatment from the media than Clinton.
    Rasmussen Markets data just prior to release of this poll shows that Clinton is overwhelming favored to end up victorious in Pennsylvania (current prices: Clinton 88.3 % Obama 10.5 %). Overall, the Markets give Obama a 78.8 % chance to win the Democratic nomination while expectations for a Clinton victory are at 19.9 %. Numbers in this paragraph are from a prediction market, not a poll. Using a trading format where traders "buy and sell" candidates, issues, and news features, the Rasmussen Markets harness competitive passions to provide a reliable leading indicator of upcoming events. We invite you to participate in the Rasmussen Markets. It costs nothing to join and add your voice to the collective wisdom of the market.
    See survey questions and toplines. Crosstabs are available to Premium Members only.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.
    The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdge™ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.
    Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade. Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

For some reason, I still see Hillary winning Pa., though

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    For some reason, I still see Hillary winning Pa., though
    I see her winning also. Pa.voting behaviors are similar to Ohio..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

His commercials are on non stop. He better see some jump in his numbers with all he is spending here. I can't wait until it is over. Then in the fall the stupid commercials will start all over again.

Silver Member

^Is Hillary not running any ads?

Have not seen or heard one for her yet. She really doesn't need to at this time so why waste the money.

Quote Originally Posted by purewine View Post
    ^Is Hillary not running any ads?
    And after all her whining about debates, she is refusing to debate him in Pa.!! I am so tiring of her!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    His commercials are on non stop. He better see some jump in his numbers with all he is spending here.
    Obama's ads are good, we'll see if its enough to put him over the top. YouTube - "Opportunity" TV Ad YouTube - Barack Obama and the History of Project Vote
    Last edited by ingi; March 25th, 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Silver Member

I saw a few of his and Hillary's before our primary. It was quite a novelty. Living in Texas, I don't think I had seen a presidential campaign since the '96 elections when I was living in Louisiana. They don't usually have to bother with Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    Obama's ads are good, we'll see if its enough to put him over the top. YouTube - "Opportunity" TV Ad YouTube - Barack Obama and the History of Project Vote
    His ads are as annoying as all the other candidates, past and present. They all make promises without ever giving any facts of how they plan to make them happen or how they will ever begin to fund them in the current economy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hillary's ad is pretty good as well, but she doesn't have any money to run them... Clinton Launches First Pennsylvania TV Ad - Horserace

I think Hillary will take PA as well. But Obama's ground game is not to be underestimated. The long stretch between the MS primary and the PA primary will for sure work in Obama's favor.

In TX where I was working, our office opened just over 2 weeks before the primary. I know if we had had even another week, we would have made an even more competitive showing. But hey, we did come out of TX with more delegates so I'm not complaining!

Anyway, the PA Obama offices have been open since before the TX primary on March 4. Most of the paid staff arrived in PA around March 14. So they will have had well over a month there on the ground, which is huge. Much more time than we had in TX and that was supposed to be a longshot for Obama.

I like Obama's ad. And for those people that bitch that he doesn't play up the 'white side' of his heritage, that ad disproves that theory.

Hillary's ad is pretty good as well, but she doesn't have any money to run them... Clinton Launches First Pennsylvania TV Ad - Horserace
    Hillary's ad was okay. But the fact that it says she'll fight against companies that move jobs overseas, after her husband helped sign NAFTA just makes you laugh.

I like Obama's ad. And for those people that bitch that he doesn't play up the 'white side' of his heritage, that ad disproves that theory.

Hillary's ad was okay. But the fact that it says she'll fight against companies that move jobs overseas, after her husband helped sign NAFTA just makes you laugh.
    Especially, since there is now evidence that she was lobbying hard for NAFTA.. she and an organization of women worked over so many in Congress!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Hit By Ban Bus!

She's still singing the same old tune, and I think it will come back to bite her in the end

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information