Thread: Reverend Jeremiah Wright snippets in sermon context

Default Reverend Jeremiah Wright snippets in sermon context

[youtube]QOdlnzkeoyQ[/youtube][youtube]RvMbeVQj6Lw[/youtube]
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Silver Member

Thanks for posting these, SSDiva. It's important to see it all in context to know how his comments were distorted. This link gives a good summary (with partial transcript) of his 9/11 sermon:

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - The full story behind Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s 9/11 sermon « - Blogs from CNN.com

He is a preacher-he was saying "Work on yourselves. Try harder. Live a better life." All preachers have to rattle the rafters to get the attention of the congegation!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

I thought it was very inspiration. He made me want to go to church!

I can't believe the level of hate and bigotry that he was spewing in that sermon. No wonder people are so pissed. Gimme a break.

Now, in the clip that the media chose to play, I could understand people being upset. But when you look at it in the full context he didn't say anything that other people haven't already said about 9/11 with the chickens coming home to roost. Even Ron Paul, who was running for president, has said that America's actions overseas are now biting us in the ass and that 9/11 was part of that.

The media should have shown and explained the full context of Wright's sermon, but, then again, they're too busy giving Obama that free pass.

I don't find Rev. Wright statements anti-American or even racist. He was attacking an institution (the US government and unethical policies practiced here and aboard). The clips were out context and incendiary for a reason and it seems like this little diversion worked. It's nice to see the full clip in context I agreed then and now with some of his comments and/ or understood why he will feel that way.

I don't find the comments incorrect but facts won't sit too well with some while others will prefer to live in oblivion. Instead of looking at mistakes some will like to ignore them (as long as it's not affecting them or anyone close for that matter). If it does then it's a real problem until then it doesn't exists.

And all the nonchalant reactions or minimizing Rev. Wright's speech is a perfect example of how and why history repeats.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by alcohol the honey View Post
    I don't find Rev. Wright statements anti-American or even racist. He was attacking an institution (the US government and unethical policies practiced here and aboard). The clips were out context and incendiary for a reason and it seems like this little diversion worked. It's nice to see the full clip in context I agreed then and now with some of his comments and/ or understood why he will feel that way.

I don't find the comments incorrect but facts won't sit too well with some while others will prefer to live in oblivion. Instead of looking at mistakes some will like to ignore them (as long as it's not affecting them or anyone close for that matter). If it does then it's a real problem until then it doesn't exists.

And all the nonchalant reactions or minimizing Rev. Wright's speech is a perfect example of how and why history repeats.
    Couldn't have said it better. Thank goodness for people who actually think for themselves, do their own research, and don't buy into the hype the talking heads in the mainstream media try to feed the public.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Thread Information