Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Huckabee defends Barack Obama and Reverend Jeramiah Wright

Default Mike Huckabee defends Barack Obama and Reverend Jeramiah Wright

An assist from an unexpected quarter: "[Y]ou can't hold the candidate responsible for everything that people around him may say or do," Huckabee says. "It's interesting to me that there are some people on the left who are having to be very uncomfortable with what ... Wright said, when they all were all over a Jerry Falwell, or anyone on the right who said things that they found very awkward and uncomfortable, years ago. Many times those were statements lifted out of the context of a larger sermon. Sermons, after all, are rarely written word for word by pastors like Rev. Wright, who are delivering them extemporaneously, and caught up in the emotion of the moment. There are things that sometimes get said, that if you put them on paper and looked at them in print, you'd say 'Well, I didn't mean to say it quite like that.'"
    Later, he defended Wright's anger, too:
    "As easy as it is for those of us who are white to look back and say 'That's a terrible statement!' ... I grew up in a very segregated South. And I think that you have to cut some slack -- and I'm gonna be probably the only conservative in America who's gonna say something like this, but I'm just tellin' you -- we've gotta cut some slack to people who grew up being called names..."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When a republican comes to the defense of a Democrat it gives a bad look on the so-called democratic progressives!
    Last edited by *DIVA!; March 20th, 2008 at 07:13 PM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

You gotta love how every comment about the subject always mentions "white" people; I mean actually spells it out.
    You can't unite people as long and you continue to separate them.

oh lawd, kiss of death
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^Agreed. With people like Huckabee on his side, the end is nigh, lol.

Well McCain has hillary as a cheerleader, and now obama has this douche.

i think the 7th seal opened.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^Hell has definitely frozen over in this election. Dems and Republicans supporting and praising each other for the dumbest reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    You gotta love how every comment about the subject always mentions "white" people; I mean actually spells it out.
    You can't unite people as long and you continue to separate them.
    Where do it say 'white people'? These statements were made by a white man...A republican at that!

I saw the interview, he was asked about this on Morning Joe yesterday. They clearly were looking for him to come after Wright! McCain, if I read correctly has also come to Obama's defense as far as Wright is concerned, but not the Clintons...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Silver Member

^Yep. This is what McCain said:

HANNITY: He's been -- but he's been going to the church for 20 years. His pastor -- the church gave a lifetime achievement award to one of the biggest racists and anti-Semites in the country, Louis Farrakhan. Would you go to a church that -- where your pastor supported Louis Farrakhan?

MCCAIN: Obviously, that would not be my choice. But I do know Sen. Obama. He does not share those views.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^Agreed. With people like Huckabee on his side, the end is nigh, lol.
    Liberals loving the support of a homo-hating, mormon hating, wife submit to your man but didn't raised taxes, raised hope so children can have highways 'conservative'? LOL! Desperation.

Using one hate monger to defend another. Nice.

And McCain? Good Lord. He has the spine of a jellyfish. His 'be nice' crap is going to get him steamrolled in the general election when the gloves are off.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wonder if Huckabee said this before or after the Wright controversy?

Silver Member

^He said it in respond to it. So, after.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Liberals loving the support of a homo-hating, mormon hating, wife submit to your man but didn't raised taxes, raised hope so children can have highways 'conservative'? LOL! Desperation.
    No, we can just recognize it when someone takes the high road and give credit where credit is due.

^^ Huckabee said it yesterday morning...

Using one hate monger to defend another. Nice.

And McCain? Good Lord. He has the spine of a jellyfish. His 'be nice' crap is going to get him steamrolled in the general election when the gloves are off.
    Joe Scarborough asked him this question, and he answered! No, democrat sought him out to get his approval! You keep stating this hate.. from a few snippets, he served this country...More than what Hannity, Bush, Cheney, or even Clinton did?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ^^ Huckabee said it yesterday morning...

Joe Scarborough asked him this question, and he answered! No, democrat sought him out to get his approval! You keep stating this hate.. from a few snippets, he served this country...More than what Hannity, Bush, Cheney, or even Clinton did?
    Ok, so now I have to like McCain because he served his country? HAHAHAAHA! I respect ALL who served and continue to serve our country- including McCain, John Kerry, Al Gore, etc.

I can still disagree with their stances and toss the snark with the best of them. But hate? Ok, sure... let's now start tossing the word 'hate' around like the word racist. If I recall correctly, you seem to enjoy going after Hillary well enough.

I've seen more hatred spewed toward republicans, conservatives and Christians on this board than anything else. And because I dislike McCain and call him spineless, insane, etc. I'm a hater.

I've seen it all, especially on gossiprocks.

Ok, so now I have to like McCain because he served his country? HAHAHAAHA! I respect ALL who served and continue to serve our country- including McCain, John Kerry, Al Gore, etc.

I can still disagree with their stances and toss the snark with the best of them. But hate? Ok, sure... let's now start tossing the word 'hate' around like the word racist. If I recall correctly, you seem to enjoy going after Hillary well enough.

I've seen more hatred spewed toward republicans, conservatives and Christians on this board than anything else. And because I dislike McCain and call him spineless, insane, etc. I'm a hater.

I've seen it all, especially on gossiprocks.
    Nobody said you couldn't disagree..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Is the exclamation point really needed (in the title I mean)? I'm sorry excessive exclamation points are sort of a pet peeve of mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information