Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain takes the lead in polls as Democrats feud (thanks Hillary Clinton!)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default John McCain takes the lead in polls as Democrats feud (thanks Hillary Clinton!)

The (new Reuters) poll showed Arizona Sen. McCain, who has clinched the Republican presidential nomination, is benefiting from the lengthy campaign battle between Obama and Clinton, who are now battling in a duel to win the battleground state of Pennsylvania on April 22.
    McCain leads 46 percent to 40 percent in a hypothetical matchup against Obama in the November presidential election, according to the poll.
    That is a sharp turnaround from the Reuters/Zogby poll from last month, which showed in a head-to-head matchup that Obama would beat McCain 47 percent to 40 percent.
    "The last couple of weeks have taken a toll on Obama and in a general election match-up, on both Democrats," said pollster John Zogby.
    Matched up against Clinton, McCain leads 48 percent to 40 percent, narrower than his 50 to 38 percent advantage over her in February.
    "It's not surprising to me that McCain's on top because there is disarray and confusion on the Democratic side," Zogby said
    Among independents, McCain led for the first time in the poll, 46 percent to 36 percent over Obama.
    He was behind McCain by 21 percent among white voters.
    Zogby attributed this to a combination of the fallout from Clinton's victory in Ohio earlier this month and the controversy over Wright's sermons.
    "And, just the closer he gets to the nomination, the tougher questions whites ask about an African-American candidate," Zogby said.
    The March 13-14 poll surveyed 525 likely Democratic primary voters for the matchup between Clinton and Obama. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points.
    For the matchup between McCain and his Democratic rivals, 1004 likely voters were surveyed. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.
    Obama's lead over Clinton narrows: Reuters poll | Politics | Reuters

Oh please.

3/13-3/14 were the dates the Rev. Wright story was breaking.

That is the reason for the drop in Obama's poll numbers. The issue did not play well with the general public.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

And it seems that Barack's camp has been doing a lot of fingerpointing and namecalling, too.

and to think, the actual election hasn't even started.

.... *sigh*

gonna be a long, retarded year.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

OMG, Faux News is actually interviewing Karl Fucking Rove about this whole thing. Like anything that asshole says is worth shit.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

well old turdblossom is working on McCain's campaign now.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

thanks Hillary Clinton? Lol, doubt she had that much to do with it. The Wright story really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and the poll numbers reflect that. Obama probably should have planned ahead and distanced himself from him a while ago.

Well, basically,...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Doesn't McCain ever get tired?? This guy's gotta be close to 150, by now.

Great this country is fucked, i'm not going to live in this hellhole under President Insane and his old ancient ass.

THe Dems need to stop bitching and cover the issues NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    thanks Hillary Clinton? Lol, doubt she had that much to do with it. The Wright story really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and the poll numbers reflect that. Obama probably should have planned ahead and distanced himself from him a while ago.
    I agree with you on that. But it doesn't help matters that while Obama and Hillary are dragging this fight out, that Hillary keeps publicly praising McCain.

But it's funny how the Wright story rubs people the wrong way, but McCain publicly using racial slurs and declaring his undying hate for another race while he was running for president in 2000 just seems to get glossed over.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

But it's funny how the Wright story rubs people the wrong way, but McCain publicly using racial slurs and declaring his undying hate for another race while he was running for president in 2000 just seems to get glossed over.

If the Obama camp is so politically savvy, then they should make that an issue.

This is a dogfight, and there's no room for playing nice. He won't gain any points for not attacking McCain.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    and to think, the actual election hasn't even started.

.... *sigh*

you said it.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Jesus. People need to get over that Hillary didn't just hand him the nom and go off into the sunset. Too bad he is actually having to fight for it like everybody else and,in light of this mess, she's smart for having not handed it over.

I will be voting Republican, but I hope that Hillary gets the Democratic nomination. I could deal with her being our President, but I wouldn't feel safe with Obama in the White House. His loyalty to that church and long time affiliation with Wright make me very uncomfortable.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Hillary criticizing Obama. I like the fact that she's one of the few people who isn't kissing his ass. It gives me more respect for her. She shouldn't be faulted for recognizing that Democrats have a choice and fighting to encourage them to choose her. That's what campaigning is.
    Last edited by southernbelle; March 20th, 2008 at 02:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information