Thread: Hillary Clinton to start a Democratic civil war in slash and burn campaign

Lightbulb Hillary Clinton to start a Democratic civil war in slash and burn campaign

Markos has an important post, The Clinton civil war, that sums up how a lot of Democrats are feeling these days. Bottom line is that by any marker, Hillary cannot win the nomination. But, she's pursuing a slash and burn campaign anyway.

The traditional media is playing up the Obama-Clinton battle. And, the Clinton campaign is playing along with them. Reporters and pundits know the reality, but it's good for ratings to keep this battle going. In terms of what is really happening, the media pack is behind the curve on the Democratic race.

Sure Clinton will win Pennsylvania -- she should win it by 15 or 20 points. So what? Clinton supporter Governor Rendell said either Clinton or Obama will win his state in November.

Hillary won't win the nomination without some machination that will result a Democratic Party civil war. And, that seems fine with her as Markos explains:

It is Clinton, with no reasonable chance of victory, who is fomenting civil war in order to overturn the will of the Democratic electorate. As such, as far as I'm concerned, she doesn't deserve "fairness" on this site. All sexist attacks will be dealt with -- those will never be acceptable. But otherwise, Clinton has set an inevitably divisive course and must be dealt with appropriately.

To reiterate, she cannot win without overturning the will of the national Democratic electorate and fomenting civil war, and she doesn't care.

That's why she has earned my enmity and that of so many others. That's why she is bleeding super delegates. That's why she's even bleeding her own caucus delegates (remember, she lost a delegate in Iowa on Saturday). That's why Keith Olbermann finally broke his neutrality. That's why Nancy Pelosi essentially cast her lot with Obama. That's why Democrats outside of the Beltway are hoping for the unifying Obama at the top of the ticket, and not a Clinton so divisive, she is actually working to split her own party.

Meanwhile, Clinton and her shrinking band of paranoid holdouts wail and scream about all those evil people who have "turned" on Clinton and are no longer "honest power brokers" or "respectable voices" or whatnot, wearing blinders to reality, talking about silly little "strikes" when in reality, Clinton is planning a far more drastic, destructive and dehabilitating civil war.

People like me have two choices -- look the other way while Clinton attempts to ignite her civil war, or fight back now, before we cross that dangerous line. Honestly, it wasn't a difficult choice. And it's clear, looking at where the super delegates, most bloggers, and people like Olbermann are lining up, that the mainstream of the progressive movement is making the same choice.

And the more super delegates see what is happening, and what Clinton has in store, the more imperative it is that they line up behind Obama and put an end to it before it's too late.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    Interesting.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Those are some interesting points, many of which I agree with. And considering that Hillary keeps running around praising a Republican, McCain, while she attacks a fellow Democrat seems to support the theory that she's willing to make sure no Democrat wins the presidency if she can't have it. But then when Obama comes after her, Hillary whines and compares him to Karl Rove.

But, then again, Hillary was the one that had the arrogance to want Obama to be her vice-president even though he's leading her in delegates and siphoning off superdelegates from her. She has that same sense of entitlement to the presidency that Dubya had, thinking that your last name should automatically grant you a free ride into the White House.

it takes two sides to make a fight. there has been action on both sides here.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    it takes two sides to make a fight. there has been action on both sides here.
    Yeah, it does take two sides to have a fair fight. But I don't hear Obama praising McCain while he uses Republican-style tactics on Hillary. But, then again, Obama doesn't share the same PR guy with McCain like Hillary does.

Silver Member

Please show me where Obama has endorsed the Republican candidate.

Please show me Obama's fear-mongering ad.

Please show me where Obama accused Hillary of contacting a foreign embassy to tell them to ignore her position on an issue when, in fact, his campaign contacted the foreign officials.

Please show me where Obama has used personal attacks against Hillary for his own benefit.

Please show me where Obama has exploited race and gender divisions.

Please show me where Obama has threatened lawsuits on primaries - either beforehand or afterwards.

Sorry, there has been one person taking the high road in this race and one wallowing in the mud. Hillary has alienated many, many Democratic voters with her divisive, damaging tactics.

Show me where Obama has done anything but played the victim.

Silver Member

Really? You think all he's been doing is playing the victim (and, I might add, not Hillary)? Then you haven't been paying attention since that is such a gross inaccuracy.

As an impartial observer, Hillary has been running a very negative campaign. She's done all the things that were listed.

So far, Obama has not. In fact, the only thing he's bothered to do is answer some of those charges.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by purewine View Post
    Really? You think all he's been doing is playing the victim (and, I might add, not Hillary)? Then you haven't been paying attention since that is such a gross inaccuracy.
    I think they are both talking trash and both playing the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by purewine View Post
    Please show me where Obama has endorsed the Republican candidate.

Please show me Obama's fear-mongering ad.

Please show me where Obama accused Hillary of contacting a foreign embassy to tell them to ignore her position on an issue when, in fact, his campaign contacted the foreign officials.

Please show me where Obama has used personal attacks against Hillary for his own benefit.

Please show me where Obama has exploited race and gender divisions.

Please show me where Obama has threatened lawsuits on primaries - either beforehand or afterwards.

Sorry, there has been one person taking the high road in this race and one wallowing in the mud. Hillary has alienated many, many Democratic voters with her divisive, damaging tactics.
    THANK YOU. Facts and common sense....a concept so easy to grasp, yet many are oblivious.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Show me where Obama has done anything but played the victim.
    Obama's played the victim? Last I checked Hillary is the one that's constantly saying Obama is attacking her and comparing him to Karl Rove. Hillary's the one that appealed to women voters to vote for her simply because she's a woman. Hillary is the one whining about a media bias against her, and she even took that whining to Saturday Night Live. But, meanwhile, she was going after Obama with Republican-style tactics, while praising McCain.

If you read my post I said they are both playing the victim. I just think Obama has no back bone and isn't standing up for himself.

I can't vote for a man that seems to be so cowardly.

See, that's the thing... what would you have him do?

He's actually answered everything she's thrown at him, but in a matter of fact and logical fashion... not some blistering, emotionally retarded tirade where he then returned the favor of using straw man attacks on her.

By doing that, he's just rolling his eyes at her infantile campaign and not taking the bait. It's a great strategy, because Hillbot looks like an idiot while he rises above it.

It's not like that corpse John Kerry, who didn't say anything AT ALL and hoped it would go away. He's answering it, but he's destroying each cheap tactic she throws at him with a wave of his hand and simultaneously chiding her to 'grow up'.

I find it absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    If you read my post I said they are both playing the victim. I just think Obama has no back bone and isn't standing up for himself.
    Okay. I missed your second post.

But Obama is cowardly and not standing up for himself? Okay. He's a black man running for president and he's taking hits from Hillary, McCain and the conservatives, but he's NOT standing up for himself. He's not standing up for himself so much that Hillary keeps whining that he's attacking her.

Thread Information