Thread: Dr. Laura Schlessinger blames Eliot Spitzer's wife

Default Dr. Laura Schlessinger blames Eliot Spitzer's wife

Eliot Spitzer loves him some whores! How did it ever happen? What drove him to risk his career and marriage? And what does it say about the rest of us? These are the big questions taken up by the Today Show, and look who they got to answer them! Dr. Laura Schlessinger, that's who? Wondering if she said anything vaguely reprehensible? Yeah, kinda she did!
    VIEIRA: Do you think women play any role in this, Dr. Laura?

SCHLESSINGER: It's interesting. what you said about what men need -- men do need validation. When they come into the world they're born of a woman. Getting the validation from mommy is the beginning of needing it from a woman. When the wife does not focus in on the needs and the feelings sexually, personally, to make him feel like a man, to make him feel like a success, to make him feel like our hero, he's very susceptible to the charm of some other woman making him feel what he needs. These days, women don't spend a lot of time thinking about how they can give their men what they need.

VIEIRA: Are you saying women should feel guilty, like they somehow drove the man to cheat?

SCHLESSINGER: You know what, the cheating was his decision to repair what's damaged, and to feed himself where he's starving. But, yes, I hold women accountable for tossing out perfectly good men by not treating them with the love and kindness and respect and attention they need.
    Meredith Vieira did a wonderful job throughout, pretending to be shocked when Schlessinger answered her question with the nutball response she expected when she specifically prompted Dr. Laura to let loose. Strangely, though, Schlessinger's contribution to the discourse wasn't the weirdest. That came from anthropologist Helen Fisher, who, while laudably rejecting the notion that Spitzer's transgressions were anyone's fault but his own, nevertheless added: "All you have to do is look at Eliot Spitzer. He has a high cheekbone and low brow ridges. Those are signs of very high testosterone."

So there you have a solid range of opinion! Either Spitzer's testosterone-fueled forehead should have tipped everyone off, or Silda Spitzer should have provided her husband with "attention." The more you know!

Dr. Laura Blames Spitzer's Wife - Politics on The Huffington Post
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It's not her fault he cheated, but I think she should not have stood there beside him not once, but twice!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Schlessinger has always been nutty as squirrel turds - no surprise there.

However, I don't understand how any self-respecting woman can spout this "if I were a better little woman, he wouldn't be seeing hookers" twangy bullshit.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

"But, yes, I hold women accountable for tossing out perfectly good men by not treating them with the love and kindness and respect and attention they need."

This line cracks me up. Oh Dr Laura, do I really have to be responsible for other people's behavior now?
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'd love to find out that her husband is on that Emperor's Club list.

Dr Laura is a freak. cannot stand her. blech
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I loathe Dr. L. Wasn't she the one who let her mother drop dead and lie on the floor for weeks before she was found? Yeah, she's a great example of how to be

You know this isn't the first time that she has said ignorant things out of her mouth. I didn't know that anyone still listened to her.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Typical. Yeah Dr Laura, you dumb bitch, it's all her fault that Spitzer couldn't keep it in his pants. He's totally innocent.

She had to go back on the air during the "3rd hour" of the Today Show at
    9am to defend herself, because they received a mass of e-mails and calls to complain about her comments...

Someone needs to shut that bitch up. Preferrably w/a gun.

Thread Information