Thread: Sinbad's 'dangerous' 'harrowing' Bosnia trip with Hillary Clinton

Bronze Member

Default Sinbad's 'dangerous' 'harrowing' Bosnia trip with Hillary Clinton

From the Washington Post:

"Sinbad, along with singer Sheryl Crow, was on that 1996 trip to Bosnia that Clinton has described as a harrowing international experience that makes her tested and ready to answer a 3 a.m. phone call at the White House on day one, a claim for which she's taking much grief on the campaign trail.

Harrowing? Not that Sinbad recalls. He just remembers it being a USO tour to buck up the troops amid a much worse situation than he had imagined between the Bosnians and Serbs.

In an interview with the Sleuth Monday, he said the "scariest" part of the trip was wondering where he'd eat next. "I think the only 'red-phone' moment was: 'Do we eat here or at the next place.'"

Clinton, during a late December campaign appearance in Iowa, described a hair-raising corkscrew landing in war-torn Bosnia, a trip she took with her then-teenage daughter, Chelsea. "They said there might be sniper fire," Clinton said.

Threat of bullets? Sinbad doesn't remember that, either.

"I never felt that I was in a dangerous position. I never felt being in a sense of peril, or 'Oh, God, I hope I'm going to be OK when I get out of this helicopter or when I get out of his tank.'
    "

In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, "We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady."

Say what? As Sinbad put it: "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'"

This is classic... she is touting voters by saying that Bosnia was part of her "foreign policy" experience!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post
    [SIZE=2]From the Washington Post:

Say what? As Sinbad put it: "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'
    God, I love Sinabd.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

The article also contained this response:

Defending Clinton's characterization of her Bosnia mission, campaign spokesman Phil Singer kindly provided experts from news stories written about the trip at the time, including a Washington Post story from May 26, 1996, that said, "This trip to Bosnia marks the first time since Roosevelt that a first lady has voyaged to a potential combat zone."

Singer also cited a Kansas City Star article from September 2000 that quoted Sinbad as describing the situation in Bosnia as "so tense. It was Crips and Bloods." (And that's how Sinbad continued to characterize the situation in our interview Monday. He said, "At the time, we didn't realize how crazy it was between the Bosnians and the Serbs. I didn't realize how much hate was going on.")

Still, defending Clinton against Sinbad the refuter, Singer said, "The sad reality of what was going on in Bosnia at the time Senator Clinton traveled there as first lady has been well documented. It appears that Sinbad's experience in Bosnia goes back further than Senator Obama's does. In fact, has Senator Obama ever been to Bosnia?"

Hmm, so he doesn't seem like such a reliable source, as his version of the trip seems to have changed.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, it wasn't just Sinbad that's saying this...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, "We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady."
    What next? Is Hillary going to say that she picked up an AK-47 and went hunting for Osama Bin Ladin with the counter-terrorists squad?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    What next? Is Hillary going to say that she picked up an AK-47 and went hunting for Osama Bin Ladin with the counter-terrorists squad?

Sounds like a phony war vet trying to regal people with their harrowing stories of war and survival. Pure comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Sounds like a phony war vet trying to regal people with their harrowing stories of war and survival. Pure comedy.
    Comedy at it's best. Who knew being First Lady not only qualified you to be the leader of the free world, but to kick ass and take names, too? Hillary could travel the world fighting war and injustice, but she couldn't keep Bill's cock out of Monica's mouth in the Oval Office. Amazing.

Thread Information