Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton: If I can't have the nomination, no one will

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Hillary Clinton: If I can't have the nomination, no one will

Hillary: If I Can't Have it, Nobody Will

Posted March 4, 2008 | 02:34 PM (EST)

"Scorched Earth" is a military term, a strategic, tactical and/or punitive act against an enemy whereby you completely destroy anything and everything in the pursuit of your goal.
    This week Senator Clinton made an astonishing statement. She said, "I think you'll be able to imagine many things Senator McCain will be able to say. He's never been the president, but he will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002."
    You have to go back to Hillary's crying moment in New Hampshire for context. What she told us that day was that she's running for president because she has "so many opportunities from this country. I just don't want to see us fall backwards." Okay, let's take her at her word. She's running for president because she doesn't want us to fall backward. "Backward," in Clinton-speak presumably means "more George Bush." So then you have to ask yourself how she could make a statement like the one she made today. She has to know -- even if she thinks she could win -- that Obama could very well be the nominee. If we accept that she is a smart woman then we have to realize that she knows this. And then we have to also realize that she knows what she just did. She just handed the Republican nominee a soundbite he can play over and over and over again throughout the general election. And this is someone who has professed as her goal to beat the Republicans at all costs.
    I wrote a piece yesterday about the Clinton campaign being a crystal ball through which we can see a Clinton presidency. Today's statement is yet another such view into the future and a reminder of the past, a past full of the kind of partisan bickering that splits the nation down the middle, pitting American against American in a time when it benefits all of us to find common ground.
    It's breathtaking to me how juvenile the Clinton campaign is. There is a "take-my-ball-and-go-home" attitude in almost all of the rhetoric. Anger, sarcasm, chest pounding and foot stomping -- this is a president? No, this is a toddler having a temper tantrum. This is someone in desperate need of a time-out.
    And the more I hear the "Vote for me because I will beat the Republicans" refrain that climaxes every Clinton stump speech, the more I find it creepy and disturbing. Sorry, but the "Republicans" are half of the country. How often have we been told in the last several elections that the country is painfully divided politically.
    I don't want to sound too Kumbaya about this, but we shouldn't be voting for someone because they will "beat" half our country into submission. We need a leader who will enlist the other half, who will invite them, who will welcome them and who will lead a nation into an uncertain future.
    What we don't need is a tone deaf, angry, sarcastic, brow-beating divider who would rather scorch the ground she lives on rather than imagine any possibility that she might not be the landlord. That kind of behavior represents a past we would all like to step away from, not a future any of us should embrace or even accept.

Again, the opinion of a long-time Hillary hater. Take it for what it's worth.

Has there ever been a presidential candidate in the history of the U.S. who DIDN'T want to beat the opposing party? Hello? That is a stupid argument at best. It's also amusing because people like him want it both ways. Another one of the main reasons supposedly NOT to support Hillary is that she would "cozy up" to the Repugs because she is a friend of McCain's and part of the power elite. Time to pick ONE lame argument, fellas, and stick to it.

I'm spinning from the spin in this editorial.....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

As if he knows what's going on in her head. Not to mention the fact that even IF she wanted to play the game that way, there is no way in hell it could ever happen. Somebody sounds a little desperate that Hillary is still in the race.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sounds like the Obama camp has seen the exit polls for tonight and they don't like the results
    Last edited by ingi; March 4th, 2008 at 08:21 PM.

Yep, I'm getting a whiff of that, too.

Ohio was never in play!!

It's funny how people read what they want to. These are things that she or her campaign have voiced. This isn't something that has been made up. Hillary, is divisive especially when it suits her. She wanted the black vote, couldn't get it, played the race card..she wanted the women vote, and basically played the 'I am a woman, and we women have to stick together' you see how these MEN are picking on me..starting with Bill.. Give me a break!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^Yes, she played the angles just like Obama and every other politician. So what? It's what happens on the campaign trail.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^Yes, she played the angles just like Obama and every other politician. So what? It's what happens on the campaign trail.
    Obama never played the race game, your husband got his dick sucked game, you're crazy as as a lunatic woman with pms, about to start menopause, the 'I don't think she knew HSU was dirty, but I don't know'!! She played more games than, whats available at summer Fair!! She took it very dirty, and she came off looking hella ugly! I hope it works very well for her!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hope Obama's skeletons are buried deep because they will raise their heads. No policitician is perfect and I will never believe that this is Hillary's attitude.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Hope Obama's skeletons are buried deep because they will raise their heads. No policitician is perfect and I will never believe that this is Hillary's attitude.
    Don't you remember the FBI files fiasco, Travelgate, Whitewater, Juanita Broderick, Paula Jones etc. (just to name a few)

Are those buried? Pretty sure everyone knows about them already.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Are those buried? Pretty sure everyone knows about them already.
    No one ever found those 800 FBI files on the most powerful figures in Washington. Hillary or her mafia may still have them in their office!

Hillary has a mafia? Now I KNOW the Obama camp is desperate!

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Hillary has a mafia? Now I KNOW the Obama camp is desperate!
    The Obama camp is desperate? I know some Hillary supporters are gloating since you haven't had anything to celebrate in over a month, but let's not get ridiculous. Hillary's wins didn't derail Obama's momentum, it just slowed it up. And even though she won Texas, he still came out of there with some delegates and still has the delegate lead.

Oh, and if the Obama camp is desperate then why is Hillary still whining about Florida and Michigan and begging to overturn the DNC's decision or to have a do-over primary? And why was she hinting at a joint ticket the day after her wins? I smell desperation, but it's not coming from the Obama camp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information