Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Barack Obama's skin more black in a Hillary Clinton ad than in reality?

Wink Why is Barack Obama's skin more black in a Hillary Clinton ad than in reality?

DailyKos has the original scoop. I went and got the original footage from the Clinton ad, and then compared it to 3 different video clips of the same debate from 3 different sources. I did this so as to take into account any editing, or quality issues, that might have accounted for Obama having darker skin in any particular video. None of the 3 video sources I found showed Obama nearly as black as the Hillary ad does. Click the image above to see a larger version. Look at his lips. Look at his eyebrows. Look at how the red MSNBC background has turned more purple. Clearly the image was darkened. The question is "why."

It just keeps happening again and again and again. The Clintons keeps doing things, saying things, that sound awfully racist. And we're to believe that this, the - what? 8th, 10th time? - this has happened is again just a coincidence. The first half a dozen times you launch seemingly racist attacks on your black opponent, maybe - maybe - we can write it off as "boy you're really dumb not to get it." But having a seemingly-racist attack from the Clinton folks on Obama every single week, after a while, you don't get to play the "I had no idea!" card anymore. After that many times, you're race-baiting. You're using racism to win. And you're destroying your legacy and your husband's. Enough already.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    ooo dirty
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That bitch.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

wow, talk about clutching at straws.

No offense people, but a racist will hate a lighter shade of AA just as much as a darker one.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

It's been totally shopped though.. darkened a number of levels (you can see the background is darker too) for no apparent reason
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I can't stand either of them.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

thats so funny. i love politics. <eyeroll>
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

There are issues of lighting, resolution, etc. that could also account for the darker shade. In fact, his skin colour and the lighting is is different in ALL of the photos shown. And the Daily Kos isn't exactly noted for their fairness toward Hillary.

Yes, it's off by a bit in the rest of the shots, but nothing accounts for a drastically lower brightness level and photoshop tweaking like that except doing it manually.

Tisk tisk tisk PB - there you go again being the voice of reason.....

His skin does look darker but many factors are at play. My daughter just had her freshmen semi and looked great. I just saw video taken at the dance and she appears very green. Maybe someone did it on purpose to make other kids think she is an alien?

The picture in the Hil ad was taken from one of those feeds, kids.

^Taken and placed onto another form of electronic equipment, which of COURSE would not have the exact same colour settings?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Also - is this from a TV ad or a print ad - do you know Grim? They don't come to PA for another 1.5 months so we haven't been subjected to all these love campaigns yet!

Not that uniform, and not that tweaked. As I said, between the 3 major broadcasts of said debate there is a slight variation in TONE.. reds, blues, etc. The darker shot has been shopped, the darkness level of the still physically lowered by artificial means. Eveything now is shot using digital, so obviously there's no "noise" associated with stuff on older formats that would follow with the darkening.

It also looks like the hair, eyebrows etc have been tweaked and the shadows deepened some. I'll take a closer look at the larger version when I get home, it's blocked at work.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The sad thing now is that this kind of shiite could now go on until August in Denver.

The sad thing is she is lying two ways in that ad. One his sub-committee doesn't have over site to hold hearings on Afghanistan... The main committee holds them, said so by several of the committee members. Second, that photo is photoshopped, and I've been brown skin all my life and know that complexion play a big part in how some folks view you. The darker the skin color the more intimidating you are..the lighter the skin color you are viewed as easygoing. I come from a very light complected mom, and a dark complected dad..and there are differences.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information