Thread: Florida's GOP Governor supports Dem primary repeat

Default Florida's GOP Governor supports Dem primary repeat

March 2 (Bloomberg) -- Florida Governor Charlie Crist said he'd support a repeat of the Democratic presidential primary so the state's delegates can be counted at the party's national convention. DNC Chairman Howard Dean says he's open to the possibility. Primary elections are paid for by a state's taxpayers, so the offer from Crist, a Republican, is ``very helpful'' because money is an issue, Dean said.

``We're very willing to listen to the people of Florida,'' Dean said on CNN's ``Late Edition'' program today.

The Democratic Party stripped Michigan and Florida of their delegates to the convention as punishment for holding votes before the sanctioned date of Feb. 5. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, head of the Democratic National Convention, said last month that delegates from those states shouldn't decide the nomination.

New York Senator Clinton beat Illinois Senator Barack Obama in the Florida contest Jan. 29, though neither campaigned there in accordance with the party's decision. Clinton won in Michigan after her rivals withdrew from the ballot.

Clinton said Jan. 25 that delegates from Florida and Michigan should be seated at the Democratic National Convention in August.

Dean said the dispute over seating delegates is the fault party leaders, not Florida voters.`If they would like to fix that problem so that we can seat Florida without any problems, of course we would like to seat Florida,'' he said.

Crist said, ``I think it's very important though that those delegates are seated. I'm hopeful that the Democratic National Committee comes to the conclusion it's the right thing to do,'' he said on CNN today.

Crist Says He'd Support a Repeat of Florida Democratic Primary - Yahoo! News
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Here we go. The cheating is about to begin. Maybe if Florida and Michigan were so concerned for their delegates they wouldn't have DEFIED party rules and held their primaries early, which is why they got stripped of their delegates to begin with.

^^Agreed. They knew what they were doing. Too bad for them.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I am disappointed in Obama's team that they did not put him on the ballot anyway. They knew damned good and well the party would never stand for puniching the voters in these states by not allowing them a voice.

^^Why should Obama's team have put him on the ballot in a state that wouldn't count? And all of the candidates withdrew from the Michigan ballot, except Hillary. And it was the Democratic Party that stripped Florida and Michigan of their delegates, in the first place.

Thread Information