Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama closing fast on Hillary Clinton in Ohio 44-42% 2/29

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Barack Obama closing fast on Hillary Clinton in Ohio 44-42% 2/29

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent
    HOUSTON (Reuters) - Barack Obama holds a slight lead on Hillary Clinton in Texas and has almost pulled even in Ohio before contests that could decide the fate of their Democratic presidential battle, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Houston Chronicle poll released on Friday.
    The contests on Tuesday are crucial for Clinton, a New York senator and former first lady fighting to halt Obama's streak of 11 consecutive victories in their battle for the Democratic nomination for the November 4 presidential election.
    Obama, an Illinois senator, has a 6-point edge on Clinton in Texas, 48 percent to 42 percent. He trails Clinton 44 percent to 42 percent in Ohio -- well within the poll's margin of error of 3.8 percentage points.
    In the Republican race, front-runner John McCain holds commanding leads over his last major rival, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. McCain, an Arizona senator, has built an unassailable advantage in delegates who will pick the nominee at the Republican Party convention in September.
    The poll, conducted by Zogby International, found McCain with big double-digit margins over Huckabee in Texas and Ohio.
    Among Democrats, Obama has a big edge with voters in both states who made their decision within the last month. Clinton led comfortably in both states among voters who decided more than a month ago.
    Other opinion polls show tightening races in both states, where Clinton enjoyed big leads just a few weeks ago.
    "All the momentum is clearly with Obama," pollster John Zogby said. "The clearest indicator is the line of demarcation between those who decided early and those who are deciding late. The question is whether she can stem the tide."
    In Ohio, 9 percent of Democrats said they were still uncertain of their vote. In Texas, 7 percent of Democrats were not yet sure, leaving plenty of room for late swings. Obama has small lead in Texas, close in Ohio | Reuters

I will of course vote for him..but I do not think Obama has a chance in hell of getting elected. Too much ingrained prejudice.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think Tuesday is the day Hillary calls it quits. Can she keep going until PA April 22 if she loses Texas and wins a nail biter in OH?

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    I think Tuesday is the day Hillary calls it quits. Can she keep going until PA April 22 if she loses Texas and wins a nail biter in OH?

Yes, even if Obama wins both Texas and Ohio, they are not winner take all states. If the outcomes are close the delegates will split.

None of the remaining states are winner take all primaries.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

She has to win Ohio or the media will make it impossible to continue.

She has to win Ohio or the media will make it impossible to continue.
    Well thats the problem.

Why do voters allow the media to dictate? Total Bullshit!!!

Ever see one of the "Dewey Defeats Truman" pictures? The media is not always correct.

Texas has 228 delegates, Ohio has 161. Even if she doesn't win she can still take a lot of delegates from these 2 primaries.

She currently has 1265, he has 1373. They are only 100 or so delegates apart.

You need 2025 to get the nomination

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You're right about the mathematics part, but Bill Clinton already said himself that it would be over after losing 12 in a row. Is anything going to chance in a month and a half except more attacks/spending democratic donations making it easier for McCain to win in November?

^^ I'm waiting to see what happens in the actual primaries.

The polls don't have a great record as of late.

No rush, the actual election isn't for another 9 months. That's a looong time in politics

You know, I would have been happy if either Obama or Clinton were the nominee. I have a preference to Barack, but if Hillary was chosen, that would certainly be a historical accomplishment. But if she loses on these two states, she really should drop out. I would say the same if their situations were reversed. The general election is still far away, but that just leaves a lot of time for campaigning, and it is getting ugly fast. Why do all of John McCain's work for him and risk party division in the process? If they keep fighting like this, another republican is going to squeak into the White House by the streak in his underwear again.

Hillary can keep going if she loses either Texas or Ohio, but it won't really matter. Her campaign will essentially be done. The momentum would firmly be on Obama's side. Even Bill Clinton said she needs to win BOTH to have a chance, and he would know better than anybody having gone through the process twice.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Well thats the problem.

Why do voters allow the media to dictate? Total Bullshit!!!

Ever see one of the "Dewey Defeats Truman" pictures? The media is not always correct.

Texas has 228 delegates, Ohio has 161. Even if she doesn't win she can still take a lot of delegates from these 2 primaries.

She currently has 1265, he has 1373. They are only 100 or so delegates apart.

You need 2025 to get the nomination
    She has lost 11 straight, any other candidate would have not received the coverage, nor would've been taken seriously after loses like that.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

Obama has gained 9 points in the last week when he's been in Ohio. Hilly is toast!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    She has lost 11 straight, any other candidate would have not received the coverage, nor would've been taken seriously after loses like that.
    that's not exactly true, the delegate count is still close enough for her to remain a serious contender for the nomination (unlike Huckabee, who doesn't stand a chance in hell)

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    not true, the delegate count is still close enough for her to remain a serious contender for the nomination (unlike Huckabee, who doesn't stand a chance in hell)
    Yes, she is within reach of the delegates.. but she has lost 11 straight.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information