Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton campaign threatening imminent lawsuit over Texas primary/caucus

Question Hillary Clinton campaign threatening imminent lawsuit over Texas primary/caucus

Democratic enthusiasm in Texas is unparalleled this year. But, the Clinton campaign may be ready to quash it with a lawsuit questioning the entire primary/caucus process in Texas (which was agreed to by everyone long ago). The Clintons and their advisers are under the misconception that momentum and public sentiment are on their side. It's not. More on the lawsuit from Markos:

Most everyone I talk to acknowledges that it's very close to being over for Hillary. It saddens a lot of my friends who are big Hillary supporters, but the talk all over DC this week isn't whether Hillary can win on Tuesday, it's how she lost the race. When we all wanted Al Gore to keep fighting in 2000, at least he had the entire party and half the country behind him. Not only have even Hillary's supporters acknowledged that it's pretty much over, but if Obama does as well as expected on Tuesday - stopping Hillary from getting the 65% of delegates in both Texas and Ohio that she needs to catch up to Obama - then the superdelegates will start to leave her in droves and party elders will quietly, and perhaps publicly if necessary, start telling her to call it off. She's not going to win. The only remaining question is whether her more strident advisers are going to guarantee that we all lose. Threatening a lawsuit against the Texas Democratic Party isn't the way to win more friends and build a legacy. It's also not the way to win in the fall.

Phillip Martin at Burnt Orange Report put it like this:

A lawsuit about the caucuses would be the most damaging way to proceed with this -- to date -- incredible presidential campaign in Texas.

Hillary has to decide how much damage she wants to do to herself and to all of us.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    Oh Hillbot..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Word is, (since McCain has it wrapped up) Texas Republicans are crossing over and voting for Obama- to prevent Hillary from winning. HAHAHAHHAAHA!

Hey as long as McCain or any other right wing nut isn't getting votes that's ok in my book
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's the last move Hilly has left, delay the results of an Obama win in Texas and hope to squeak out Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Word is, (since McCain has it wrapped up) Texas Republicans are crossing over and voting for Obama- to prevent Hillary from winning. HAHAHAHHAAHA!
    that's so mature of them

^^But so very typical.

Texas voters have to show up twice on Tuesday. First during the day for the primary and then later in evening for the caucus. Lets see how many Repub voters who wish to play spoiler will do both trips to the polls.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^But so very typical.
    Uh, it happens in both parties in open primaries. That's why all primaries should be closed.

I haven't heard any Dems say they're voting for a Republican, but I've heard many Repubs say they're going to vote for either Obama or Hillary in an attempt to either shut one out or make winning easier. Good thing these "spoilers" are pretty much mathematically insignificant. Most intelligent people stick to their own party. But then again you can't underestimate stupidity, especially when these same braniacs voted in Bush twice.

I also love the fact that some of them are voting for Obama, are they aware how hard he's going to be to beat in a general election? McCain is done.

most intelligent people should vote with the issues, not party clique mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    most intelligent people should vote with the issues, not party clique mentality
    I doubt most conservative Texans agree with Obama or Hillary on any issues whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    I haven't heard any Dems say they're voting for a Republican, but I've heard many Repubs say they're going to vote for either Obama or Hillary in an attempt to either shut one out or make winning easier. Good thing these "spoilers" are pretty much mathematically insignificant. Most intelligent people stick to their own party. But then again you can't underestimate stupidity, especially when these same braniacs voted in Bush twice.

I also love the fact that some of them are voting for Obama, are they aware how hard he's going to be to beat in a general election? McCain is done.
    I think Obama will be harder to beat than Hillary. So, I hope those who are crossing over realize that. But, the ones I've talked to believe Obama's lack of experiences and extreme leftist positions will be easy to beat. I'm not so sure.

I think Obama will be harder to beat than Hillary. So, I hope those who are crossing over realize that. But, the ones I've talked to believe Obama's lack of experiences and extreme leftist positions will be easy to beat. I'm not so sure.
    I think if Obama wins the nomination he will win the presidency, but hey you never know.

would someone please tell me what "extreme leftist" positions are? Last i checked, extreme leftism was Stalinism just as extreme rightism was Hitlerism.

I've had some Republicans tell me that, too. I always tell them that Obama's not some babe in the woods who just stepped into politics five minutes ago. The man has 10 years of being an elected official under his belt, and he's basically defied the odds to become a frontrunner for the presidency. You don't do that without some political savvy and know-how. True, I wish he had a little more Washington experience, but he's not an idiot. And the way he's conducted himself, and handled the attacks from Hillary and the conservatives, shows that he can keep his wits about him under pressure.

And considering how Obama and McCain differ on the war, which most of the country is against, McCain's going to have his hands full.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information