Thread: Crazy Bush, 19% approval, thinks GOP will hold White House; knows what public wants

Talking Crazy Bush, 19% approval, thinks GOP will hold White House; knows what public wants

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush predicted Monday that voters will replace him with a Republican president who will "keep up the fight" in Iraq. "I'm confident we'll hold the White House in 2008," Bush told donors at the Republican Governors Association annual dinner, which raised a record $10.6 million for GOP gubernatorial candidates.
    "And I don't want the next Republican president to be lonely," Bush said. "And that is why we got to take the House, retake the Senate, and make sure our states are governed by Republican governors."

The pep talk came in the midst of a presidential campaign that largely has overshadowed Bush's final year in office. Bush has promised to be an active fundraiser, and he had no trouble slipping into enthusiastic campaign mode Monday evening.

He said Republicans still offer the bedrock positions that voters embrace: strong defense, low taxes and personal freedoms.

"When I say I'm confident, I am so because I understand the mentality of the American people," Bush said. "And I understand the mentality of our candidates. And there's no question in my mind, with your help, 2008 is going to be a great year."

Democratic governors have a 28-22 edge nationally, having regained a majority in 2006 after 12 years of GOP dominance. Eleven seats are up this year.

The Republican governors still have the financial edge, with the Republican Governors Association raising $22 million last year, to $13 million for its Democratic counterpart. That includes $9 million cash on hand for the RGA, compared to $7 million for the Democratic Governors Association.

In Congress, Democrats took control of the House and Senate in 2006. Bush has sought to remain relevant through his veto power and bully pulpit.

On Iraq, he pledged Monday that he would use his remaining time in office to make whatever decisions are needed to "make sure that we succeed in Iraq." The country has long grown weary of the war, although economic concerns have overtaken Iraq as the top concern among voters.

"I believe the American people understand that success in Iraq is necessary for the long-term security of the American people," Bush said. "And we will elect somebody to the White House who will keep up the fight to make sure Iraq is secure and free."

Republican governors, as chief executives and effective fundraisers, see themselves as the key to turning around their party.

Four of the last five presidents, including the current one, were governors.

One former Republican governor, Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, remains in the presidential race, but the next president is all but certain to come from the SenateóRepublican John McCain, or Democrats Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton.

About 1,400 people attended the event at the cavernous National Building Museum, where they dined on grilled shrimp, spring rolls, gumbo and crab cakes before filtering into an adjacent room to hear Bush.

Bush Predicts GOP Will Hold White House
    I'm sorry, but someone with a 19% approval ratign doesn't know much of anything at all. Does this guy even step outside anymore? Get some air?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm confident you won't

Buh bye Dubya

What a moron.

He said Republicans still offer the bedrock positions that voters embrace: strong defense, low taxes and personal freedoms.

Does he include spying on American's "personal freedom"? I'd rather my phone lines not be tapped and for the gov't to have a search warrant before they spy on me!

Personal freedoms? LOLOL

When, while pontificating on which 2 consenting adults are allowed to get married?

When interfering with someone's right to die in dignity?

When deciding to interfere in the activities that go on in people's bedrooms?

When restricting information and funding to groups who try to educate the public on safe sex?

When corralling people into "free speech zones" far away from anybody who might see a protest?

When spying on peaceful protest groups and labelling them as terrorist organizations?

When tappping peoples phones, reading their e-mails, searching their homes, or whisking them away for military tribunal without a warrant or legal avenues to clear their names?

When dispensing with Habeus Corpus?

Yeah, they stand for a lot of personal freedoms don't they?.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The fact that Bush still thinks he's got any credibility with the majority of the American people proves he really is the first mentally-retarded president we've ever had.

Even if I were a Republican - I'd run from him like the plague. His endorsement would be like a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The fact that Bush still thinks he's got any credibility with the majority of the American people proves he really is the first mentally-retarded president we've ever had.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Thread Information