Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Barack Obama vs. Hillary Clinton... their records

  1. #1
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default Barack Obama vs. Hillary Clinton... their records

    why obama vs. clinton
    Senator Clinton, who has served only one full term - 6yrs. - and another year campaigning, has managed to author and pass into law - 20 - twenty pieces of legislation in her first six years.


    These bills can be found on the website of the Library of Congress www.thomas.loc.gov, but to save you trouble, I'll post them here for you.


    1. Establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site.


    2. Support the goals and ideals of Better Hearing and Speech Month.


    3. Recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.


    4. Name courthouse after Thurgood Marshall.


    5. Name courthouse after James L. Watson.


    6. Name post office after Jonn A. O'Shea.


    7. Designate Aug. 7, 2003, as National Purple Heart Recognition Day.


    8. Support the goals and ideals of National Purple Heart Recognition Day.


    9. Honor the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton on the bicentennial of his death.


    10. Congratulate the Syracuse Univ. Orange Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.


    11. Congratulate the Le Moyne College Dolphins Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.


    12. Establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution Commemorative Program.


    13. Name post office after Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda.


    14. Honor Shirley Chisholm for her service to the nation and express condolences on her death.


    15. Honor John J. Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, firefighters who lost their lives on duty.
    Only five of Clinton's bills are, more substantive.

    16. Extend period of unemployment assistance to victims of 9/11.


    17. Pay for city projects in response to 9/11

    18. Assist landmine victims in other countries.


    19. Assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care.


    20. Designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as protected in the wilderness preservation system.






    There you have it, the fact's straight from the Senate Record.


    Now, I would post those of Obama's, but the list is too substantive, so I'll mainly categorize.


    During the first - 8 - years of his elected service he sponsored over 820 bills. He introduced


    233 regarding healthcare reform,


    125 on poverty and public assistance,


    112 crime fighting bills,


    97 economic bills,


    60 human rights and anti-discrimination bills,


    21 ethics reform bills,


    15 gun control,


    6 veterans affairs and many others.






    His first year in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 bills and co-sponsored another 427. These inculded **the Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006 - became law, **The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, - became law, **The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act, passed the Senate, **The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law, **The Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill, In committee, and many more.


    In all, since entering the U.S. Senate, Senator Obama has written 890 bills and co-sponsored another 1096.


    An impressive record, for someone who supposedly has no record according to some who would prefer that this comparison not be made public.


    He's not just a talker.


    He's a doer.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  2. #2
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,679

    Default

    Wow, I found this exact post verbatim on the Washington Post Blog board, written by a poster named Analu on February 10.


    Potomac Primary: Survey Says Obama - Raw Fisher
    So anyway, I went to the Thomas website, and found the following:

    Clinton has sponsered 150 Bills in the US Senate.

    Obama has sponsered 113 in the US Senate

    The only Bills listed for Clinton here are the ones that were passed into law.

    Lets be fair with the information here.....The spin is killing me

    Here's the link THOMAS (Library of Congress)



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  3. #3
    Elite Member Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    citizen of the world
    Posts
    5,443

    Default

    ^ your point?

  4. #4
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,679

    Default

    Is that information pulled by some random poster of a board is not nessicarily correct, as we can see by what the Library of Congress website says. THOMAS (Library of Congress)


    Like this "fact" in the post which is a blatant falsehood "In all, since entering the U.S. Senate, Senator Obama has written 890 bills and co-sponsored another 1096."

    As a US Senator he has sponsered 113 bills, not 1096.

    He sponsered 114 as a State Senator. So even of you add the two figures you get 227 bills, not 1096. This is from The Illinois state senate wbsite Illinois General Assembly - Senate Members



    So I guess my point is that these are falsehoods



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  5. #5
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post


    The spin is killing me

    THOMAS (Library of Congress)
    What spin, if it was spin tactics being used here I wouldn't have left the link to the Library of Congress in there. I started out as a Hillary Clinton supporter when she threw her hat into the Presidential ring. I didn't change my support in hast I did extensive research on the both of them. I believe I made an intelligent decision that is in line with my beliefs and my wants for this country as well as my family. The information is out there, it is up to every individual to do their homework, and make the decision that best suits them, and their family. To keep attacking Obama supporters saying it is all emotional fluff and basically the folks who are voting for him are stupid is rather offensive. However, no one can make me feel terrible or ashamed of my support for him..and I don't think the rest of the people who are supporting and voting for him bad for their choices either. It's one thing to support a candidate, but to dismiss their achievements and accomplishments that they made without being apart of a political entity is a bit unfounded. I post where he stand on the issues and his solutions but they go ignored and get chumped up as spin...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  6. #6
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,679

    Default

    The Thomas link has completely different information than your post.

    As per the Thomas website, Obama has sponsered 113 bills, not authored 152 bills and co-sponsored another 427 as in your post.

    I am not saying any of his supporters are stupid. Really, I'm not. But I am interested in the truth, and not misinformation.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  7. #7
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The Thomas link has completely different information than your post.

    As per the Thomas website, Obama has sponsered 113 bills, not authored 152 bills and co-sponsored another 427 as in your post.

    I am not saying any of his supporters are stupid. Really, I'm not. But I am interested in the truth, and not misinformation.
    You really are! I also don't appreciate you basically calling me a liar.
    Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
    You read through all of this and count!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  8. #8
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,679

    Default

    I did count....but I am not calling you a liar.

    My point is that you pulled this info from some random poster, and that the information is incorrect



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  9. #9
    Elite Member Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    citizen of the world
    Posts
    5,443

    Default

    I believe that the only mistake in that passage is that it said he sponsored as many bill in his US SENATE career. I believe that those numbers are all correct and factual in terms of covering his ENTIRE career as an elected official.

  10. #10
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I believe that the only mistake in that passage is that it said he sponsored as many bill in his US SENATE career. I believe that those numbers are all correct and factual in terms of covering his ENTIRE career as an elected official.

    Nope, the Illinois Senate website says different. I provided that link in my above post.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  11. #11
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I did count....
    Well, that says a lot! Since you come up with the complete opposite that is found in the articles.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  12. #12
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,679

    Default

    ooh, I'm so insulted I may just go cry.

    You could try plagerizing another poster's comments from the Washington Post board again to help convince me though. Maybe the poster will give you permission, and then it will be ok.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  13. #13
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ooh, I'm so insulted I may just go cry.

    You could try plagerizing another poster's comments from the Washington Post board again to help convince me though. Maybe the poster will give you permission, and then it will be ok.
    I am blocking you after this... However, I didn't plagiarize this from a Washington Post poster... This was posted to my blog, and asked for me to pass it along. I don't have to prove nothing to you, or even try to convince you. WHY? You aren't seeking information to help you make an objective. decision. Plus, at this point in the campaign your harassment of Obama supporters doesn't really register! It's a shame when someone just goes around bashing the evidence as spin, especially when the truth is there in black and white. You can't call someones opinion spin, especially when you have no dog in the fight to change their mind.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  14. #14
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ooh, I'm so insulted I may just go cry.

    You could try plagerizing another poster's comments from the Washington Post board again to help convince me though. Maybe the poster will give you permission, and then it will be ok.

    me smells a shit stirrer.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  15. #15
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Why is it stirring shit to point out that a source of information may not be reliable or accurate? Not everything posted on blogs and other sites on the internet is 100 per cent accurate or even close. I think everybody knows that. Just because something was posted to someone's blog is not a basis for accuracy.

    Maybe it's just my training as a journalist, but I always go with the proven, reliable source and then I corroborate it with more reliable sources. If I can't corroborate it, it doesn't make it into print. Most bloggers are not trained journalists so they don't necessarily follow ANY journalistic/factual guidelines/source-checking or research style. I am often gobsmacked by what passes as "fact" on a lot of blogs and websites, and even Wikipedia. I find many inaccuracies daily.

    I was always taught: when in doubt, leave out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton Umbrella spoof
    By KristiB in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
  2. Hillary Clinton starts the attack on Barack Obama!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 20th, 2008, 08:49 PM
  3. Barack Obama leads Hillary Clinton by only 2 delegates
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 9th, 2008, 12:09 AM
  4. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton shake up politics
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2008, 03:52 AM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: November 8th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •