Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton camps point to 'borrowed rhetoric'

Default Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton camps point to 'borrowed rhetoric'

Obama, Clinton camps point to 'borrowed rhetoric'
    Posted: 12:37 PM ET
    The Clinton and Obama campaigns traded plagiarism allegations Monday.

(CNN) — Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama’s campaigns each accused the other of plagiarizing portions of their campaign speeches Monday, with the Clinton campaign accusing Obama of borrowing from a close supporter — and the Illinois senator’s campaign accusing his rival of lifting from Obama himself.
    On a conference call with reporters, Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson said it was clear Obama had “lifted rhetoric” from Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. Portions of Patrick’s speeches during his gubernatorial run resemble some of Obama’s addresses this year.
    “If you’re going to be talking about the value of words, the words ought to be your own,” said Wolfson.
    In a statement this morning, Patrick said the two men often shared ideas and language with each other.
    As Wolfson spoke, the Obama campaign hosted a competing conference call, during which campaign manager David Plouffe said Clinton was "denigrating the power of words."
    The Obama camp also said Clinton had a pattern of borrowing some of the Illinois senator’s signature phrases, including “Yes, We Can” and “Fired Up, Ready to Go.”
    They also circulated a YouTube video and list of these alleged instances to reporters still listening to Wolfson.
    "…We have seen thousands and thousands of Iowans over the last week and we are fired up and we are ready to go because we know America is ready for change and the process starts right here in Iowa," says Clinton in the pre-Iowa caucuses clip circulated by the Obama campaign Monday.

Here's an idea.....both of you shut the fuck and quit acting like high school children.

God, I hate anyone that runs for office. They are all liars, cheats and all around assholes.

You know what, I saw an Obama commercial that started running the night of the Super bowl, then on Super Tuesday I heard Hillary's speech she used the same lines from his commercial, and then some stuff from a random speech...thing is is you are going to steal someone else's words, try to do it better, but don't do it worse. Find that Super Tuesday speech, and tell me if those aren't Obama's words!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Here's an idea.....both of you shut the fuck and quit acting like high school children.

God, I hate anyone that runs for office. They are all liars, cheats and all around assholes.

WORD

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post

I've got to agree with that. They both need to realize that they have to stop acting like children, because they're playing right into the hands of the 'old boy network.' It's the divide and conquer ploy. Have Obama and Hillary at each others throats and pit the Dems against one another, and McCain can slide ride into the White House and maintain the status quo.

^ OT, but King, I like your avatar. Snoop is the man.

^^Thanks, Sweetie. That was the original pic of Snoop that I wanted to use, but it was too big. But once they gave us bigger space for avatars, then I was able to use it.

Hilary grasping at straws again....

This is silly! It would be a different deal if Obama had quoted obscure speeches. But he quoted the most memorable speeches in US history, and put 'just words?' in-between them. It'd be real easy to do that and not intentionally be lifting someone else's speech.

*yawn* is it over yet? it's gotten boring.

...same goes for all the slobbering Hilbots and Bambots.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

WTF? Obama has trademarked "Fired up" now?

And nice choice of words for Obama's campaign manager about Hillary "denigrating the power of words". Hillary's camp pointed out that obvious plagiarism.

^^ I'm sorry but you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. This is the stupidest thing to be focusing on. If this is ALL Hilary can get on Obama then she needs to just hang it up now.

Honestly, all you have to do is open up any of his books and see that the man can write. He writes his own speeches, there is no doubt about it. I'm sure he's got editors and assistance, but the man is a brilliant writer. Duval Patrick has said he's fine with Obama using that phrase, and that they both collaborate.

This is stupid. Give it up. Lets get back to the issues.

^^Are you referring to me? How am I making a mountain out of a molehill by posting the videos? People can watch them and take whatever they want out of them. And I'm sorry but if it were Hillary you'd be jumping all over her case for it. Just because Duval Patrick permits this doesn't make it right, it's still plagiarism. Obama has run a campaign on great speeches and not much experience or specifics to back them up, so they should at least be his OWN words.
    Last edited by nycgirl; February 19th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    ^^Are you referring to me? How am I making a mountain out of a molehill by posting the videos? People can watch them and take whatever they want out of them. And I'm sorry but if it were Hillary you'd be jumping all over her case for it. Just because Duval Patrick permits this doesn't make it right, it's still plagiarism. Obama has run a campaign on great speeches and not much experience or specifics to back them up, so they should at least be his OWN words.
    One several of those lines from that speech came from JFK, MLK, and FDR... Patrick actually said that Obama helped him with the speech, as they both help each other. It's not plagiarism when your friend says it is ok for you to use it!! Only people that have a problem with him using it is the fucking Clintons..who are turning into a bunch of bitter hypocrites!! I like how she pulled this shit the night before the Wisconsin primary... She couldn't cry this time, so call someone a plagiarist!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information