Thread: GOP to run "white surrender flag over Dem pictures" campaign

Default GOP to run "white surrender flag over Dem pictures" campaign

EXCLUSIVE: GOP TO LAUNCH 'WHITE FLAG' DEM ATTACK
    Thu Dec 08 2005 18:02:44 ET

The DRUDGE REPORT has learned from a top GOP operative that the Republican National Committee will provide state parties with a web video prior to release tomorrow afternoon that shows a white flag waving over images of Democrat leaders making anti-war remarks.

The ad is in response to the controversial comments Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean and 2004 Democratic Presidential nominee John Kerry made earlier in the week.

A Democratic strategist who had the web ad described to her said, “This is way over the top but we have no one to blame but Dean, Kerry and others who continue to pander to the anti-war activists within our party.”

The web video advances the Republican contention that the Democrats only have a “retreat and defeat” message on the war in Iraq.

The video highlights the effect Democrats can have on the morale of U.S. soldiers.

One Republican strategist familiar with the ad said, “The Democrats, especially Howard Dean have a way of trying to turn the tables and say ‘that’s not what I meant’ – its just those ‘evil Republicans’ This video will make them crazy – it reinforces what they really believe with what they actually said – and that is devastating for the Democratic Party.”
    Honestly, the GOP are a bunch of twisted, footstamping children. They're revolting.
    Last edited by Grimmlok; December 9th, 2005 at 12:36 AM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: GOP to run "white surrender flag over Dem pictures" campaign

Well the Democrats should follow suit with a video and ads showing the Republicans standing over 2,000 plus dead bodies. And grinning cheerfully. With a caption saying "Where were the WMD?" Next to a sign saying "WHERE IS OSAMA?"

They won't, because they're huge ineffectual pussies with no backbone.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^*sigh* Can't really argue with that. Maybe there will be a miracle and balls will form and a spine will develop.

Even if the Washington Dems did do a something like that Sojita, the Republicans and the MSM would say that the Dem Party is "mud-slinging" and "helping the terrorists".

The Republican party are dis-tasteful ass-tards, plain and simple.

just saw the actual video. it's just Dean, Kerry and Pelosi snippets with a flag being waived across and the final screen shot is something like "Our soliders are watching and so are our enemies. It then zooms out to show the back of a guy in fatigues watching the TV.

yes, 2000 war casualties is hard to swallow...esp. if you are against the war in the first place but do you also realize how many ppl have died so far in the U.S. because of violent crime??? WAY MORE than 2000. I'll look it up...someone sent me (yet another) article - I tossed it but remember something about the comparison.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
    Miss Piggy
    US Muppet and Pig

SVZ

ROFL, this reminds me of those Pepsi commericals where they're always making fun of Coke..

oops...it was Boxer not Pelosi in the vid.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
    Miss Piggy
    US Muppet and Pig

SENATOR CALLS ON BUSH TO TAKE DOWN ATTACK AD
    Sat Dec 10 2005 16:41:38 ET

Today, Senator Daniel Inouye, the Ranking Member of the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee and a recipient of the Medal of Honor for his service in World War II, released the following statement:

"As a Veteran of World War II, I know what it’s like to fight a war and put your life on the line every day. I also know what it takes to win a war, and I know that politics and an attack machine like the President’s plays no part in it.

"The Republican Party’s latest ad is a shameful and disgusting attempt to distract the American people from the problems in Iraq. It may improve the President’s political fortunes, but the American people and our troops will pay the price. I hope that President Bush realizes how shameful it is to play politics when what we really need is leadership, and that he will direct his Party to take down this ad immediately."
    Ohhhhhhh SNAP.

Thread Information