Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah's mentor Maya Angelou supports Hillary Clinton

Default Oprah's mentor Maya Angelou supports Hillary Clinton

Gotta give the old lady credit: apparently she can still think and
    function independently from her egomaniacal and powerful best
    friend and admirer, the one and only huge headed Oprah!!!!

Can somebody confirm this? Please? I would love to see how that
    plays out.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

And Ted "The Drunk"Kennedy backed Obama. Wow. It's getting interesting!

Go Maya! I bet Oprah is livid!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

oh, I hope all this shit is true. oprah might bust her ass into a million tiny pieces ...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

well, there IS a God, and it isnt Oprah
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Oprah's head probably blew off and shot through the roof when she heard this

Somewhere recently I read an article about Oprah and Maya. It seems they don't love each other as much as they appear to, or so the article said.

This really shouldn't shock anybody that Maya is backing Hillary. I mean, she's been tight with the Clintons for years. Not to mention, she spoke at Bill's first inauguration back in '92.

But the one thing that I like about this election is that you have all of these high-profile people backing candidates who DON'T look like them. Maya and Jesse Jackson are backing a white woman, Hillary, and Caroline and Ted Kennedy are backing a black man, Obama. It's good to see these people not automatically siding with someone who is of their race. Oprah, not included.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    This really shouldn't shock anybody that Maya is backing Hillary. I mean, she's been tight with the Clintons for years. Not to mention, she spoke at Bill's first inauguration back in '92.

But the one thing that I like about this election is that you have all of these high-profile people backing candidates who DON'T look like them. Maya and Jesse Jackson are backing a white woman, Hillary, and Caroline and Ted Kennedy are backing a black man, Obama. It's good to see these people not automatically siding with someone who is of their race. Oprah, not included.
    Maya actually wrote a poem for the Inauguration. She is a great friend of the Clinton's, I don't think when Oprah started backing Obama that she was trying to force people, even her friends to support him. As much as I can't stand Oprah, she has the right to say who she believes in and backs publicly. Oprah aside he is a great Candidate. Toni Morrison who was was a big Clinton supporter is backing him. I think that these endorsements are great for the election and the democratic party. I was a big Clinton supporter/lover, however this election has made me re-evaluate what I think about them...I mean the comparison between Jesse and Obama, Bill made the other day really pissed me off, and it should anyone else who knows the hypocrisy of Jesse Jackson.
    And now the Clinton's want all the delegates that all the democrats agreed early on to not campaign for, but of course Hillary skated the fine line to get them, now wants them to get counted since they are hers!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Maya actually wrote a poem for the Inauguration. She is a great friend of the Clinton's, I don't think when Oprah started backing Obama that she was trying to force people, even her friends to support him. As much as I can't stand Oprah, she has the right to say who she believes in and backs publicly. Oprah aside he is a great Candidate. Toni Morrison who was was a big Clinton supporter is backing him. I think that these endorsements are great for the election and the democratic party. I was a big Clinton supporter/lover, however this election has made me re-evaluate what I think about them...I mean the comparison between Jesse and Obama, Bill made the other day really pissed me off, and it should anyone else who knows the hypocrisy of Jesse Jackson.
    And now the Clinton's want all the delegates that all the democrats agreed early on to not campaign for, but of course Hillary skated the fine line to get them, now wants them to get counted since they are hers!!
    Yeah, I thought that was a cheap shot by Bill. Yeah, Jesse won S.C., too, and then that was it. Obama had already won Iowa and came in a close 2nd in N.H., which Jesse didn't do.

And I'm starting to rethink my opinion on the Clintons, too. Especially Bill. If he's not careful, he's going to alienate a LOT of people, especially in the black community, just trying to get Hillary elected.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Can somebody confirm this? Please?
    1/29/2008
    Dr. Maya Angelou and Magic Johnson Hit Alabama Airwaves for Hillary
    Radio Spots Airs Across State

Montgomery, AL - Dr. Maya Angelou and Magic Johnson took their support of Hillary Clinton to the Alabama airwaves today as the Clinton Campaign launched two 60-second radio spots across the state.

In the spot "My Girl," Dr. Angelou describes her personal support of Hillary and focuses on Hillary’s experience as an advocate for families. The accompanying spot featuring Magic Johnson focuses on Hillary’s experience and ability to lead the country.

A complete transcript is included below. The radio ads can be heard online at:
    HillaryClinton.com - Online Headquarters - Alabama

Script:

Maya Angelou:

Hello, this is Maya Angelou. Let me tell you about my girl... Hillary Clinton.

As a child, Hillary Clinton was taught that all God’s children are equal, so as a mother she understood that her child wasn’t safe unless all children were safe.

I know what kind of president Hillary Clinton will be because I know who she is. Hillary Clinton has always been a strong woman and a passionate protector of families. For 35 years, that is exactly what she has been doing.

Each generation stands on the shoulders of those who came before. Today, the challenges facing us threaten the dreams we have had for our children. We need a president with the experience and strength to meet those challenges.

I am inspired by Hillary Clinton... a daughter, a wife, a mother... my girl.

I’m Hillary Clinton, a candidate for president, and I approve this message.
    HillaryClinton.com - Media Release
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hello, this is Maya Angelou. Let me tell you about my girl... Hillary Clinton.
    My girl, Hillary Clinton? Maya's a little old to be calling somebody 'her girl.'

who gives Maya Angelou a script??

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    My girl, Hillary Clinton? Maya's a little old to be calling somebody 'her girl.'
    I can't see a young Maya calling her close friend 'her girl' this is such BULLSHIT!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i don't get the love for obama... he's slick and charming but he doesn't say anything. and he's too green. if i were american, i'd be firmly team clinton.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information