Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh..watching US troops on History channel..

Thumbs down Ugh..watching US troops on History channel..

...patrolling through some crappy Iraqi town, and the platoon medic freaks out at some dog that's barking at him, and he fucking shoots it from about 20 feet away.

I got to watch the poor thing convulse on the ground, howling in pain, try to get up with blood pouring out of it, and its owner on his knees beside it, holding up his hands in frustration as the poor thing slowly collapses and finally dies.

Sick. That's just cruel. The guy was in no danger from a frigging mutt tied up 20 feet away.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Ugh..watching US troops on History channel..

I suppose that's what made it worthy of being on tv. It was cruel & senseless. I can only hope that it was out of the norm, but ??? I would have a near-impossible task to rid myself of hatred, if someone shot my dog.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Eh, it's some show that basically follows troops around day to day. At least the guys platoon buddies looked like they were in shock.

I think one of them was getting misty. Some humanity left there, it seems.

I'd like to pop that guy who shot the dog though. That shit just makes my blood boil
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That is disgusting. I suppose that the shooter had absolutely no consequences for doing this, not even some verbal slap on the wrist? Christ it is shit like this that will get displayed all over the world. I know they are in a hellish situation but you would think they would still have the sense to say "
    WTF did you do that for ya moron?" or something like that! Where did the "angry" smiley go? They could have at least apologized to the owner and given him some money or something.

They did squat, and the owner just left the dead dog on the ground and walked away dejected. Probably belonged to his kid or something.

Yeah it really sickens me how how one or two troops can do something inhumane and downright unacceptable and it is reflected on every single troop in Iraq. It's stuff like that that fuels the anger from citizens towards our troops. a never-ending cycle of hatred.

On a totally seperate note, don't people in Iraq believe in toothbrushes? Yikes, bad rotting teeth all around.

Has toothpaste even been available after that boycott and disastrous "food for oil" program that failed miserably, lined Saddam's pockets and disgraced many countries, businesses and the UN? I guess if they didn't even have needed medicines they probably did not have toothpaste either. The regular citizens in that country have been in a living hell for nearly fifteen years now.

That is really sad..and it makes me think how us..and MANY celebs waste money on shit.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ...patrolling through some crappy Iraqi town, and the platoon medic freaks out at some dog that's barking at him, and he fucking shoots it from about 20 feet away.

I got to watch the poor thing convulse on the ground, howling in pain, try to get up with blood pouring out of it, and its owner on his knees beside it, holding up his hands in frustration as the poor thing slowly collapses and finally dies.

Sick. That's just cruel. The guy was in no danger from a frigging mutt tied up 20 feet away.

I will never understand the mentality of this sort of person. Heartless, disgusting bully. Unfortunately there are many many people like that in the world.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Honestly, he was a medic.. i think he actually freaked out a bit, maybe thought it would snap the leash and come at him. Earlier their caravan had suffered an attack, a roadside bomb went off.. the leutenant was screaming at everyone to keep moving, cuz sitting there would open them up for an ambush, and the medic was trying to look at an injured soldier, screaming "GIVE ME A FUCKING MINUTE TO LOOK AT HIM!"

The leutenant screamed back with "Get him in the vehicle and MOVE or else you'll be looking at a bunch more!"

High strung stuff.

^^^Maybe if we dealt with that kind of shit day after day, having our lives on the line and seeing awful things, perhaps we'd do things not in our character.....?

Still though.. it was heartbreaking to watch that poor animal just convulsing, trying to get up, screaming its head off with blood pouring out of its mouth, and side.. it looked so pitiful, and then watching it slowly wind down as its life leaked away, the head finally lowering to the ground..

Ugh.. im gonna have nightmares for weeks.

Yeah, you'd think the guy would have enough heart to shoot it fatally the first time, or shoot it again when he noticed it didn't instantly die.

Really glad I didn't see it.

Yeah, that would have been humane..im the type of person who cant watch those damned humane society telethons where they beg viewers to adopt animals or donate.. breaks my heart every time.

I think i like animals more than people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information