Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have decided to caucus tomorrow...

Default I have decided to caucus tomorrow...

I am an Iowan, and I think I am going to caucus tomorrow night. I have never caucused before, so I really don't know what to expect. At work, we've been talking about how caucus could really be more important than even the presidential election.

Anyway, I picked Obama. Hillary just seems like she has too many agendas, and wants to make her legacy as president. And this may sound dumb, but I'm not going with Edwards because his wife has cancer. Now, I don't mean to sound like I'm again cancer survivors, but Elizabeth Edwards is now inoperable, and I wouldn't want to put John Edwards through the decision of a national crisis vs. my wife is on her deathbed. Maybe that sounds childish, but I wouldn't want for anyone to make that decision. Although, I don't dislike either Hillary or Edwards.

Republican, it's a toss up. They all suck, and who cares anyway, because a Republican won't make it back in the White House next time.

Mods, I wasn't sure if this should be in US Politics or Random Talk, so you can decide.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Heck, I don't blame you! I sure would. This could be great-be sure & tell us how it goes!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

It will be fascinating to see what happens. I've never fully understood the mechanics of the seemingly very complicated US electoral process but it seems to work (Al Gore would disagree) so may the best man/woman win. I agree that the GOP is pretty much dead in the water so I reckon there will almost certainly be a Democrat in the White House next time and I'm betting it will be Obama or Billary and it's going to be very close. Let's hope we don't have another Florida Fiasco.

And I agree that a lot of people will be uncomfortable choosing a candidate with a terminally ill wife for all kinds of compassionate and practical reasons.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Wow. Edwards' wife is terminal? Oh my They have been thru so much, and I would think she would want him to plow ahead in this race.

Personally, I think a Republican might win, only because they seem to be the only ones willing to address the illegal alien issue.
    Last edited by Tati; January 3rd, 2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Coffee is my happy drug

Hillary has said that she's prepared but will be happy with a third place finish
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It will be fascinating to see what happens. I've never fully understood the mechanics of the seemingly very complicated US electoral process but it seems to work (Al Gore would disagree) so may the best man/woman win. I agree that the GOP is pretty much dead in the water so I reckon there will almost certainly be a Democrat in the White House next time and I'm betting it will be Obama or Billary and it's going to be very close. Let's hope we don't have another Florida Fiasco.

And I agree that a lot of people will be uncomfortable choosing a candidate with a terminally ill wife for all kinds of compassionate and practical reasons.
    I don't understand it all either. I voted for Bush in the last election. I'm pretty sure I went in there with the intentions of doing so but after the last four years I wonder if the percocet I was on at the time didn't skew my brain.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

A*O

The Republicans also have a major problem in that they don't have a stand-out list of contenders anyway. I don't know all the people who put their hat into the ring but most of them seem pretty decrepit or lacking in charisma, although I guess Giuliani is probably the closest they have to an electable candidate. However, it's one thing to run NYC (and be 'lucky' enough to shine during the 9/11 catastrophe), it's another to run the most powerful country in the world. I just don't think he has what it takes to turn around public opinion over the snafu of Iraq and the GOPs track record in recent years.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Well after voting in my local elections last year putting democrats back in control and then suddenly....tada! Taxes went flying through the roof. School tuition went up. And more stupid laws telling you how you will live your life..I don't know who I will vote for this time.

i think the only chance a republican has of making it to office is if hillary wins the nomination. republicans can stomach obama or edwards much more easily than her.

Well of course taxes went up, the Repukes love to lower them to the point everything falls apart.. apparently 'lower taxes' is fantastic even if society falls to shit
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^And then they create the highest deficit in history. Wonder why the taxes have to go up, maybe to cover that you retards!! (Sorry, tax venting that always occurs when people equate lower taxes = Republicans, without taking into account the other factors that are involved.)

Good news, caucuses have free day care! It starts at 630pm CST, and I will let everyone know how it goes when I get back!!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I know you weren't implying that I am retarded.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee, this thread's mighty entertaining!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I know you weren't implying that I am retarded.

No, I wasn't, it was just a general statement. It's all good!!!

I get taxes have to go up sometime. I am good with that but when the people who run lie and tell us that taxes won't go up or that they will push for things such gay marriage, new roads, and we get the taxes raised, they don't do the things they say and then give themselves a big fat raise that I have a problem. So I say both parties suck ass.

But I was thinking that Hillary gets in, we will basically have 2 families who have run this country for almost a quarter of a century! And nothing has changed! I am really bummed about this race.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information