Thread: Barack Obama issues 3-page memo defending gay-bashing spokesman

Bronze Member

Default Barack Obama issues 3-page memo defending gay-bashing spokesman

From Americablog:

Obama's campaign now says that McClurkin only wants to cure the unhappy gays. (The rest of us are, I guess, fine to continue trying to kill America's children.)

From the Washington Post:
    The concert was to be the highlight of this outreach and while the crowd left excited, it was clear the campaign still regarded the controversy as complicated. Aides gave reporters a three-page memo detailing McClurkin's and Obama's views on gay rights that noted in capital letters "MCCLURKIN DOES NOT WANT TO CHANGE GAYS AND LESBIANS WHO ARE HAPPY WITH THEIR LIVES AND HAS CRITICIZED CHURCH LEADERS WHO DEMONIZE HOMOSEXUALS," with quotes detailing those statements from the singer.
    So David Duke's only problem, per the Obama campaign, is that he villifies the happy Jews and the happy blacks?

Keep digging, guys. Obama keeps making clear that he hasn't learned his lesson, he doesn't understand what he did wrong, and he will continue to coddle those who attack our community so long as it wins him votes and money. His own staff admitted as much to the Washington Post:
    Aides to Barack Obama's who are concerned about his fortunes nationally cast his decision not to kick Donnie McClurkin off the program of a gospel concert the campaign was hosting as a principled decision, part of the Illinois senator's constant rhetoric of bringing people together even if they disagree. Aides in South Carolina cited a more obvious consideration: despite the singer's controversial comments in the past about homosexuality, which he has likened to a "curse" and said is a choice, he would be a big draw.
    So how many votes and how much money is a bashed gay worth to Senator Obama?

And PS, according to the Washington Post, Obama let McClurkin emcee the event. So much for Obama's disdain for McClurkin's gay-bashing. They practically - no, literally - handed him the mic to do his damage.

Fuck you Obama. Hillary for Prez!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Fuck Hillary, Edwards for Prez!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Edwards/Kucinich or vice versa.

Yeah, like that'll happen. They're being marginalized because they're speaking the truth. People just won't listen. Kucinich is fucking brilliant, articulate, insightful, strong and full of integrity.

We cain't have none o' that, nope. This is murrica.

but you CAN have Ralph Nader.

I miss Ross Perot.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Never thought I'd say it but Nader makes Perot look like a hero. I liked Perot, then I saw his maniacal side. But now he's looking better again.

I just like that he resembles the Perdue chicken guy.

i'm not american but if i were i'd be supporting kucinich too. but i doubt he's a good candidate if you want to win over middle america. so realistically my bet's on hilary.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

No, he's actually a great middle-america candidate because he plays up how middle america is getting screwed bigtime. It just galls me how marginalized he is, and yet every time I hear him on the radio or watch a debate, he's completely professional and spot on. I wish now I'd gone to see him when he was in Portland a couple months ago.

And actually Hillary is a much harder sell to middle america, that's why they're shoving her down our throats - and hellishly early too. I'm sick of the whole mess already.

Fuck 'em all. I'm writing in Clooney.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^That's actually not a bad idea

Thread Information