Thread: Laura Bush accuses Dems of demagoguery on SCHIP

Default Laura Bush accuses Dems of demagoguery on SCHIP

Laura Bush accuses Dems of demagoguery on SCHIP
    By Aaron Blake
    October 28, 2007
    First Lady Laura Bush said Sunday that she is much more involved in policy than many people think and then went to bat for her husband on children’s health care and foreign policy.

Calling the state children’s health insurance program (SCHIP) “a perfect issue” for Democrats to demagogue on, Bush waded into largely uncharted public territory for her by taking exception to the party that opposes the president.

The first lady appeared genuinely upset about the Democrats’ tactics on the issue.

“It’s really easy to blame people for so-called voting against children,” Bush said in an interview on Fox News Sunday. The first lady went on to say that the bill would cover children who are not poor and added that the program is often used to cover adults.

“The president is very anxious to work with Congress and to come up with something that both he and they can be proud of,” she said.

Bush also insisted the perception of her staying out of her husband’s policies is false.

“The fact is I’ve been involved for a long time in policy, and I think I just didn’t get a lot of coverage on it,” Bush said. “I was stereotyped as being a certain way because I was a librarian and a teacher…which are considered traditional women’s careers.”

Bush has been most involved with foreign policy in Africa and Burma. She said African women recently told her daughter Barbara that the president saved their lives.

She sidestepped a question about whether she weighs in on the president’s policies toward Iraq and Iran, shifting the focus back to Africa and Burma.
    TheHill.com - Laura Bush accuses Dems of demagoguery on SCHIP

Yeah Laura god forbid that your piss-drunk husband approves of a plan that would help uncovered children with healthcare, I mean you as a former librarian should know that kids really don't matter . Dumb twat is the perfect poster child for 'battered wife syndrome'.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

How long do you think she can decently wait before divorcing that moron of a husband of hers? I predict seperate lives from the get-go...kind of like they're living now.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

This is as rich as Bush berating Dems for spending too much time investigating his failure of a presidency than passing bills he likes.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    This is as rich as Bush berating Dems for spending too much time investigating his failure of a presidency than passing bills he likes.
    Yeah, right, next Mrs. Larry Craig will accuse that cop & the Dems of cock-blocking her

Thread Information