Thread: Former FEMA head to start disaster preparedness consulting firm.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Former FEMA head to start disaster preparedness consulting firm.

(AP) Former federal emergency agency chief Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.

"If I can help people focus on preparedness, how to be better prepared in their homes and better prepared in their businesses, because that goes straight to the bottom line, then I hope I can help the country in some way," Brown told the Rocky Mountain News for its Thursday editions.

Brown said officials need to "take inventory" of what's going on in a disaster to be able to answer questions to avoid appearing unaware of how serious a situation is.

In the aftermath of the hurricane, critics complained about Brown's lack of formal emergency management experience and e-mails that later surfaced showed him as out of touch with the extent of the devastation.

The lawyer admits that while he was head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency mistakes were made in the response to Katrina. He also said he had been planning to quit before the hurricane hit.

"Hurricane Katrina showed how bad disasters can be, and there's an incredible need for individuals and businesses to understand how important preparedness is," he said.

Brown said companies already have expressed interested in his consulting business, Michael D. Brown LLC. He plans to run it from the Boulder area, where he lived before joining the Bush administration in 2001.

"I'm doing a lot of good work with some great clients," Brown said. "My wife, children and my grandchild still love me. My parents are still proud of me."

This guy is sporting some seriously huge balls. I bet his first contract is with either Haliburton or the US government.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: Former FEMA head to start disaster preparedness consulting firm.

Free Enterprise indeed. USA land of the opportunities where one can be anything one wants to be. Even if you've failed at something, you can turn it into your expertise to advise others
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus!

buttmunch I agree with you - I am sure he has some built-in government contracts...

*dies laughing*

WHo in their right mind would even go near him?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Dick 'the dick' Cheney. He's lining up the no-bid contracts right now.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information