Thread: White House adopts new dress code

Default White House adopts new dress code

Signs Around White House List Dress Code Rules

(CBS) WASHINGTON New signs are posted around the White House indicating a new strict enforcement of the dress code, the Washington Post reported Thursday. The code applies to all visitors and staff members, including tourists.

Some tourists are finding the strict clothing restrictions at the White House un-American.

The forbidden items include jeans, sneakers, mini-skirts, t-shirts, tank tops and absolutely no flip flops.

The motivation for the clothing crack-down comes from the Bush Administration who think some of those who work there and those who visit just don't dress appropriately.
    cbs5.com - Signs Around White House List Dress Code Rules

I guess this means only the suit-wearing corporate Republican dickholes are allowed to visit the WHite HOuse then. No avaerage t-shirt wearing American allowed.

And who the fuck is that chimp asshole to tell what others what to wear and what no to wear?

lmfao @ the president in his crocs.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

So that means I can't go visit the White House on my next trp to DC? That's probably for the best anyways, as it would probably end up with a breaking news story on all the news outlets about some crazy lady who tried to strangle some staff member thinking it was the pres.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Most tourists are in jeans,tee shirt & sneakers-for comfort walking long distances. Fine-no staff wearing-that makes sense. But the people who put you there? That you represent ,even if they DIDN'T?
    What a jerk.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'd be interested to know how exactly they plan to enforce this, and what the punishment will be for rule breakers.

Will Bush personally come out with a ruler to measure skirt lengths? Are mommies going to be called?

Give me a fucking break. Americans are dying at an incredible number overseas, and he's worried about t-shirts and jeans being worn to the White House. Sounds about right that he would have his priorities this out of alignment.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

What they really meant to say is only brown shirts are allowed.

Brown shirts seem a bit plain. Maybe they'll require some sort of red armband with an insignia on it to really pep up the outfit.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Don't forget the Amercian Flag pin to show off your patriotism! If ya don't have one then you're considered "Un Ameruikan" by Bush.

For christ's sake, its hot as hell here - I couldn't imagine touring around the monuments in anything but flip flops and shorts.

Alright, now someone has to go for a White House tour in nothing but a hot pink speedo. Any takers?

I understand that staff should have a dress code, but tourists?

I live in DC and am SO tired of the flip flop as office wear. I thought it was a phase last year young women would grow out of...no such luck. I see it more now than ever. Why wear business attire with a worn out flip flop, especially in a conservative city like DC? A ballerina flat can be just as comfortable and look 1000 times more chic.

Gold Member

Alright, now someone has to go for a White House tour in nothing but a hot pink speedo. Any takers?
    I'll do it; and I have the speedo.
    Last edited by sweet and sexy; August 5th, 2007 at 01:15 PM.

Thread Information