Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Christian' retards disrupt Hindu prayer reading in US senate

Angry 'Christian' retards disrupt Hindu prayer reading in US senate

Today was a historic first for religion in America's civic life: For the very first time, a Hindu delivered the morning invocation in the Senate chamber only to find the ceremony disrupted by three Christian right activists.

We have video of the astonishing scene, and we'll be sharing it with you shortly.

The three protesters, who all belong to the Christian Right anti-abortion group Operation Save America, and who apparently traveled to Washington all the way from North Carolina, interrupted by loudly asking for God's forgiveness for allowing the false prayer of a Hindu in the Senate chamber.

"Lord Jesus, forgive us father for allowing a prayer of the wicked, which is an abomination in your sight," the first protester began.

"This is an abomination," he continued. "We shall have no other gods before You."

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ9To30Hz7A[/YOUTUBE]

Senator Bob Casey (D-PA), serving as the presiding officer for the morning, immediately ordered them taken away though they continued to yell at the Hindu cleric as they were headed out the door, shouting out phrases such as, "No Lord but Jesus Christ!" and "There's only one true God!"

The cleric, Rajan Zed of Reno, Nevada, was visibly nervous and uncomfortable as he then delivered the morning prayer. But to his credit, he soon regained his footing and was able to make it through in a dignified fashion.

For their part, Operation Save America put out an interesting press release, claiming responsibility for the protests and castigating Senators for not joining in:

Theology Moved to the Senate and was Arrested

Theology has moved from the church house onto the floor of the United States Senate, and has been arrested.

Ante Pavkovic, Kathy Pavkovic, and Kristen Sugar were all arrested in the chambers of the United States Senate as that chamber was violated by a false Hindu god. The Senate was opened with a Hindu prayer placing the false god of Hinduism on a level playing field with the One True God, Jesus Christ. This would never have been allowed by our Founding Fathers.

"Not one Senator had the backbone to stand as our Founding Fathers stood. They stood on the Gospel of Jesus Christ! There were three in the audience with the courage to stand and proclaim, 'Thou shalt have no other gods before me.' They were immediately removed from the chambers, arrested, and are in jail now. God bless those who stand for Jesus as we know that He stands for them." Rev. Flip Benham, Director, Operation Save America/Operation Rescue

Christian Right Activists Disrupt Hindu Chaplain In The Senate | TPMCafe
    Stupid christofascist retards.. how do these people get through the day on the one braincell they have.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Thanks for posting that Grimm.
    Wow. Seriously. Wow.
    When are Americans going to realize that a five thousand year old religion followed by 800 million people who are rapidly moving away from poverty into rapid economic growth and world wide influence could actually be a potent ally in the War on Terror?
    Oh but I forgot, Hindus are not good church-going folk. So they don't count.
    So even though Hindu Indians have endured many attacks from Osama bin Laden years before Americans even heard of the guy, and India and Israel share many common goals, and Hindu immigrants are overwhelmingly legal, educated, tax-paying and law-abiding, the fundies actually think they're doing us all a favor.
    Oh and don't even think about what this does about America's image abroad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah they are the definition of retarded; intellectually retarded! fucking idiots. Its fucking embarrassing; im embarrassed right now at my country.
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; July 13th, 2007 at 11:33 AM.

OCK

Not one Senator had the backbone to stand as our Founding Fathers stood. They stood on the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
    Weren't the founding fathers Deists?
    ~~~Jesus please save me from your fanclub~~~

what a bunch of retards.
    that said, i don't think there should be any praying in the senate. keep god out of politics altogether.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The founding fathers based the constitution upon the Enlightenment, not GOD.

Most of the GOD bullshit in the US gov was added later by fucking idiots.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    what a bunch of retards.
    that said, i don't think there should be any praying in the senate. keep god out of politics altogether.
    That's what I was thinking, why are they praying in the senate anyways?
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Silver Member

That's just disgusting. How disrespectful.

Weren't the founding fathers Deists?
    Some were. Some were Christian. But pretty much all of them thought it necessary to separate government and religion. Godless heathens that they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    That's what I was thinking, why are they praying in the senate anyways?
    I think John Ashcroft started it with his daily morning prayer sessions for DOJ employees.

Silver Member

^I think it goes back farther than that.

So embarassing.

We have separation of church and state to ensure bozos like those three ladies don't do things like that.

Why don't they go jump in a lake then, or join the army and fight since they love America so fucking much?!

Or, if they love their fellow man so much, why don't they put their energy to fighting the war, or attacking the healthcare system, or SOMETHING! Religious fights belong somewhere else, not the Senate floor.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

Religion sucks.

Oh my.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Religion sucks.
    Yes, yes it does!
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Has anyone read 'The God Dillusion' yet? It's by Richard Dawkins and completely rocks. This is the kind of stuff I imagine he'll be adding to later editions. What morons, eh?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information