Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 44th PRESIDENT ELECTED BARACK OBAMA

A*O

Michelle is going to be the next Jackie Kennedy when it comes to fashion and style. She knows her body and what looks good. That black/red dress is VERY clever - accentuates the positives and skims over the negatives.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm still in shock...it hasn't truly sunk in yet

Did anyone else notice Todd Palin during the concession speech? Dude looked like he was ready to murder someone...I guess now he really has a reason to want to secede lol!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Yeah I think he came off as a huge dickhead, he wasn't supportive towards her at all. In fact, I kind of felt sorry for Sarah at one point when she looked at him with tears in her eyes and a fake half smile and he looked at her like "you fucked up." He didn't rub her back, lean close to her, console her, or anything. If anything, it looked like he was pissed at her. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand her - but thats her husband. He came off as such an asshole. In that second, I could see all of her insecurities. Here is the concession speech, by the way, the full length video is at the end. This way you can see the way Todd is acting.

McCain Concession Speech: "The Failure Is Mine" (VIDEO)
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    He will continue the war in Iraq.

He will continue American Imperialism.

He will continue supporting the police state.

He will continue supporting being molested at airports.

Either candidate would.

I'd like to hope that there will be hope, and that things will change, but the parties just volley power back and forth, and it is all the same. Neither promote true liberty.

I would have posted the same if McCain won and continued the RepubliPuke reign. It really is all the same. Enjoy the pictures, the thrill of the "win", but it is all the same. You will still pay at least three months of your wages to the government, and you will still support killing brown people in other countries at a rate that far surpasses the recent bank bailout.

God this was SO needed! Congratulations and thank you America!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Isn't Obama's elder daughter (sorry, don't know her name yet) going to be a beauty?
    Yeah, that's the first thing my husband said when the whole family came out on stage tonight. He was like "Wow! Those are some gorgeous girls!" They are a good looking family, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I wish I had a baby so I could dress him up in Obama gear. My second wish was that I live in Nebraska so I could drop that baby off after the election. Because, really, I don't want a baby. I just want something to fit into an Obama onesie. Maybe I should get a small dog.
    I love it.
    ssabmud

Yeah I think he came off as a huge dickhead, he wasn't supportive towards her at all. In fact, I kind of felt sorry for Sarah at one point when she looked at him with tears in her eyes and a fake half smile and he looked at her like "you fucked up." He didn't rub her back, lean close to her, console her, or anything. If anything, it looked like he was pissed at her. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand her - but thats her husband. He came off as such an asshole. In that second, I could see all of her insecurities. Here is the concession speech, by the way, the full length video is at the end. This way you can see the way Todd is acting.

thanks for posting that. That crowd was so trashy...completely classless with the jeering and booing. Sarah was about to cry like she's won runner up in a beauty pageant, which surprises me because I didn't really think she had those kinds of feelings about it. Todd just looked like he was gritting his teeth like he couldn't believe how close to that kind of power they'd both come, only to be denied. I think it was the loss of access to power that had them both so upset.

also, the dress Michelle was wearing actually looks much better in photos than on video so maybe that's what they had in mind, they take into account how things photograph, I think.

YEP. I noticed it too! I was wondering why the hell he wasn't holding her hand. He had this pissy look on his face and was standing like 3 feet from her. It just seemed cold and she was crying/tearing up. It wasn't supportive at all. And when they were walking off stage he didn't get near her or respond to her when she smiled at him for acknowledgement. Fuck, McCain gave her more support than her own husband!

I admit, I did kind of feel bad for her when I saw that. I can't stand that bitch, but shit, she needed someone to support her in her time of need.

Barack is so well spoken and so erudite
    Everybody that was watching that (at my gym) was listening with mouths wide open.

Woot! Thank god the right guy won!

MSNBC shows Obama now at 349 electoral votes - He won Indiana.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Eli

He won me!! Didn't need a vote for that!!
    HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more Palin.

Congrats on getting it right, Americans.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Great news!

Obama was the only choice in these elections.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information