Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 44th PRESIDENT ELECTED BARACK OBAMA

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Oh my god, the Lincoln/King cloud cartoon just made me cry. Something else made me cry:

I just went and picked up the older heathen from a playdate. The sister of the house told me that at her school the classroom next door was watching the results and when the Obama win was announced a huge cheer went up from that classroom and it spread around the school because all the kids knew what it meant. How fucking cool is it to have that happen in Sydney, Australia??
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thank you, I forgot his name in the excitement.

John Lewis (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by flipstick; November 5th, 2008 at 01:53 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

Really amazing! This night has been filled with tears of joy!

Buttmunch thanks for sharing that, just goes to show you!

All of my friends in Egypt are ecstatic. On one of my guy friend's pages, his status is "this is what America truly represents...real opportunity, for a guy like Obama to make it, we all can. We should learn from their democracy". I am so overwhelmingly proud of my country, and I am proud to have others looking at us positively for once.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Shit, Prop 8 has been called and it passed.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    Get over yourself. I apologized in advance for not remembering his name. What a pathetic reply on such a beautiful night.
    Get over myself, are you kidding me? You busted onto this forum ranting and raving about the black community and how they were letting a black 'hero' celebrity down, but you cannot name(or so you said, remember the name) of an US Congressman who fought for Civil Rights alongside MJK. However, you want to bring up Al, and Jesse. You want to admire Denzel, and Bill. You want to name all the black celebs you like and know of as the 'good' of the black community...but you are telling me to get over myself, pahlease! I know where my priorities are. When you can comeback and name more than 20 black mayors, governors, lt. governors, congressmen and congress women, and senators...then we can have a true, non-generalizing discussion, but until them... Get a Grip on reality, and LET GO!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Get over myself, are you kidding me? You busted onto this forum ranting and raving about the black community and how they were letting a black 'hero' celebrity down, but you cannot name(or so you said, remember the name) of an US Congressman who fought for Civil Rights alongside MJK. However, you want to bring up Al, and Jesse. You want to admire Denzel, and Bill. You want to name all the black celebs you like and know of as the 'good' of the black community...but you are telling me to get over myself, pahlease! I know where my priorities are. When you can comeback and name more than 20 black mayors, governors, lt. governors, congressmen and congress women, and senators...then we can have a true, non-generalizing discussion, but until them... Get a Grip on reality, and LET GO!!
    Uh no

Actually I got drunk tonite and was pretty emotional when I posted and couldn't remember the name. And since I knew that I said that instead of googling it which would have been easy, I just decided to post.

But Booyah on you for bringing your hatred once again into the arena. And your laundry list of authenticating reality. I'm just over here stoked that Obama WON!

Now shoo before someone drops a house on you as well. The rest of us are happy!!!!!!

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Shit, Prop 8 has been called and it passed.
    nooooooooooooooooooo

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think they worded it confusing. Does anyone have the actual wording? Someone mentioned it to me and the way she said it was like this.

Do you support keeping marriage between a man and woman?

I think that if people didn't read the question they might think that it was asking "Do you support gay marriage" and have gotten confused about the answer.

Voting Yes when then meant No to the actual question.

I can't believe that people would vote against this. Especially not in California.

Elite Member

It's a brand new day.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post

Uh no

Actually I got drunk tonite and was pretty emotional when I posted and couldn't remember the name. And since I knew that I said that instead of googling it which would have been easy, I just decided to post.

But Booyah on you for bringing your hatred once again into the arena. And your laundry list of authenticating reality. I'm just over here stoked that Obama WON!

Now shoo before someone drops a house on you as well. The rest of us are happy!!!!!!
    How dare you call me a hater, when I couldn't be more joyful of this moment. How dare you come here and wish something would fall on me. You came in here, and brought your naiveness about the black community, and when I and others called you on it you back peddled, and started claiming to be an Obama supporter to duck the accusations of racism.. I'm sorry, I just think you care more for popular, black celebrities, than blacks as a whole! So, before I get banned for cussing you out, and letting you take the joy out of this proud moment, I am putting your ass on ignore!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

[youtube]44omSH6K9V8[/youtube]

[youtube]UzQgAdhWT1E[/youtube]

Hit By Ban Bus!

Life is too short! What a great night!

A*O

They just showed a gathering of African Americans here in Oz and every single one of them was in floods of tears. Many of the older people said they wished their parents were still alive to see this day. Very moving. One day we will all tell our grandchildren about today and no matter how Obama turns out as a president (only history will tell) American politics and society will never be the same again.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information