Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 44th PRESIDENT ELECTED BARACK OBAMA

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh gawd. 8 years of hell, im exhausted.

p.s. call me naive or i dont know, but i dont think anyone will really try to do anything to our new prez. i just dont think so is my gut feeling. he hasn't even done anything yet!!

and he seemed pretty damn sure of himself at his acceptance speech what a beautiful moment

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind there are morons who would try to assassinate the president for nothing more than the color of his skin.
    It would be very bad for race relations in this country if Obama were to be assassinated (and the shooter was non-black).

I've never thought of him being assassinated, but when I think about it, the only other non-WASP President (Kennedy) was assassinted. And if Obama pushes too hard for change, he's going to ruffle the feathers of quite a few powerful people ...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    I just found out one of my aunts friends has been chosen as part of Obama's transition team. Pretty neat.
    I wanna work for Obama! Do you have to go to D.C.? What kind of people is he looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I wanna work for Obama! Do you have to go to D.C.? What kind of people is he looking for?
    She's president of the UT branch in Brownsville, but my aunt was pretty excited about it. Hopefully she'll have good things to report back to us.

Obama selects Texan for transition team

I just found out one of my aunts friends has been chosen as part of Obama's transition team. Pretty neat.
    That's great. How exciting to be involved in one of the most important events in our nation's history.

That is great!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

She's president of the UT branch in Brownsville, but my aunt was pretty excited about it. Hopefully she'll have good things to report back to us.

Wow. That's really great. Your aunt is pretty accomplished.

No, it's not my aunt.. it's one of her best friends, but I've gotten to meet her a few times. She came here to Austin to receive an award from UT.. she was the first Hispanic president of a university in the US, I believe. But it's still pretty awesome.. Great thing to be a part of.

That's cool.

I have something amusing to share with you. My deep south cousins and I email each other almost daily. All from the same small town-now spread out in 6 states. During the campaign,we all carefully refrained from asking how we planned to vote. Might cause a ruckus,you know. Slowly,since Tuesday,all has been revealed. All couples but 1 voted for Obama and all were thrilled. Even the couple that didn't vote for him! All of our states are officially registered red,but purple might be a better color now.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    oh gawd. 8 years of hell, im exhausted.

p.s. call me naive or i dont know, but i dont think anyone will really try to do anything to our new prez. i just dont think so is my gut feeling. he hasn't even done anything yet!!

and he seemed pretty damn sure of himself at his acceptance speech what a beautiful moment
    I really need to youtube that speech.

My mum has "the strongest feeling" he's gonna be assassinated, and I have a feeling of something but it could just be of change. Anyone else have a weird feeling about all this?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^Because white presidents like Lincoln and JFK were killed and Reagan was almost killed. So, you know the first black one has a target on him. That's why Colin Powell never ran for president, because his wife was scared that he'd be killed.

I've always found it interesting that George H.W. Bush claims not to remember where he was the day JFK was killed (though everyone else who was alive then in our country does) when in fact he was in Dallas that day, and the Bushes had had dinner with their good friends the Hinckleys the day prior to the attempt on Reagan's life. It seems just about everything incredibly f*cked up that has happened in this country for the last 60 or 70 years has a Bush involved in it in some way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Obama has created a new website, Change.gov, one of the pages is for potential job applicants.

Change.gov | Apply for a job

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Obama has created a new website, Change.gov, one of the pages is for potential job applicants.

Change.gov | Apply for a job
    Yes, I saw that, thanks. But it doesn't say what kind of jobs. Are there any IT or Accounting jobs or is it all high-level adviser stuff?

Pics of them awaiting election results:

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Thread Information