Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 44th PRESIDENT ELECTED BARACK OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I do believe there is a God. With that being said, I don't believe anything is a signed deal.

If Obama is hurt in any way by some psycho, I'll say this again, all hell is going to break loose. People are praying for his safety, but that same people are saying if the violence is brought, they won't run.

Remember the riots after Rodney King? I will put money on this country going apeshit and even the national guard not being able to stop it. The rest of the world will see America negatively, as well.
    Obama has so/too much support around the WORLD for any crazy hack to even dare to think of hurting him, lol. Talk about friends in high places.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    But the reality is all you need is one nutjob with a gun. Look at how close Hinkley got with Reagan.
    Yeah well, his only motivation was some blind devotion to Jody Foster

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    There are a lot of people who wanted to assassinate Bush, and that didn't happen. I think it would be very difficult, with all of today's technology and security, to pull off an assassination of a US President.
    Yeah well...again, take into account that Dick Cheney is his vice president.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    I think it would pychologically destroy Biden to have Obama assasinated. Especially after his wife and child were killed. I think it would be too traumatic for him to cope.
    I don't want to think about it

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

President George W. Bush speaks with President-elect Barack Obama during a congratulatory phone call Tuesday evening, Nov. 4, 2008, from the Treaty Room at the White House. White House photo by Eric Draper
    Well, the cool thing about this picture, besides the obvious thing that it means, that Obama is the freakin next President, is that Bush is actually holding the phone the right way

I heard on CNN today that Barack and Michelle are going to the WH on Monday to meet with Dubya and Laura.

There is no doubt in my mind there are morons who would try to assassinate the president for nothing more than the color of his skin.

Some people I have known for decades, who paraded around as progressive and unbiased, made some seriously racist remarks. They got out of pocket and after putting them in check, I severed the ties.

This election brought out the best in people, but it brought out the worst in some. There are more angry, bigoted people than what we are seeing. Many are very good at keeping it hidden.

Using Bush being safe as evidence Obama is safe is ineffective. One, Cheney would have been president. Two, even though Bush is one of the dumbest people to ever waste air, he is still a part of the power majority.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Well, the cool thing about this picture, besides the obvious thing that it means, that Obama is the freakin next President, is that Bush is actually holding the phone the right way
    Isn't it awful that that was the first thing I looked for in that picture?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    This election brought out the best in people, but it brought out the worst in some. There are more angry, bigoted people than what we are seeing. Many are very good at keeping it hidden.
    The scariest thing as a observer was how easily it goes from being hidden to coming out. All you need is one unchallenged remark at a rally and all of a sudden people feel it's OK to say all of that kind of stuff out in the open. Then they find strength in numbers and it just grows.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

^^ LMAO! It's so nice to know that we expect so little of Dubya! HAHAHA

"Hey, Obama. You'll never guess what I did with the nukelaar codes."

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The scariest thing as a observer was how easily it goes from being hidden to coming out. All you need is one unchallenged remark at a rally and all of a sudden people feel it's OK to say all of that kind of stuff out in the open. Then they find strength in numbers and it just grows.
    I've seen the hateful side of people come out and I have ditched several acquaintances who forgot whom they were speaking to. Out of pocket=out the door.

The underlying bigotry in some people is what is the most frightening. If you are going to stab me, at least have the balls to come at me face forward. Don't come at my back.

Eli

Look, re: assassination... anyone who even tries to take him down knows perfectly well that then they will be taken down. Not arrested, just shot and murdered by the mass supporters around them. So I guess in a way that's a good thing. People will be like: You fucking kill Obama, we'll fucking kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Look, re: assassination... anyone who even tries to take him down knows perfectly well that then they will be taken down. Not arrested, just shot and murdered by the mass supporters around them. So I guess in a way that's a good thing. People will be like: You fucking kill Obama, we'll fucking kill you.
    When they're a crazed-out "martyr" who is going to save Lily-white Lady Liberty from being forced to be clothed in black muslin, they won't care of the aftermath. They'd probably kill themselves anyway, like most martyrs on a mission, like the self-hating losers on a school-shooting spree.

And that's why there's the Secret Service.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Aw.. the treaty room. A room Bush had never been in till then, considering how many he's pulled out of.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I just found out one of my aunts friends has been chosen as part of Obama's transition team. Pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    "Hey, Obama. You'll never guess what I did with the nukelaar codes."

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Thread Information