Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 44th PRESIDENT ELECTED BARACK OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I kind of got the feeling that toward the end McCain's heart wasn't really in it. I'd like to believe that deep inside he isn't as nasty as he had to be and that he was uncomfortable with that role that he felt he had to play to win. Dunno.
    I agree completely, that concession speech was incredibly classy and thoughtful, I was touched. I also believe that McCain isn't inherently a "bad guy", he just chose poor judgment and he couldn't weather the storm. He cowered when he made his choice of Palin, and that sealed his fate. I don't think he relished playing the "bad guy", and I think if Palin hadn't been his running mate, he would have run a much classier race. Palin brought out the worst in his campaign, and she brought out the worst of the Republicans. Thats why I hope she crawls back to Alaska and stays there.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

That's awesome your hub voted O in the end, HotNC

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I have that calendar. It is funny and sad. Everyday it has one of his quotes. amazing how stupid he is.
    Haha. Funny and sad are the perfect way to describe Dumbya.

Interest rates are better today than yesterday. I am assuming ti's due to the election.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    No offense taken. This change hit me on two levels:

1) Seeing Obama win the White House was a turning of the page in American history. From the slave ships, to the plantations, to Jim Crow, to the Civil Rights Movement, it seemed as if all was build up for last night. If Hillary put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling, Obama shattered it completely. And his win showed people, of all races, that there really is no limitation to the goals you can reach for. Now Obama's win doesn't end racism in America, but it shows that America is taking a major step in the right direction. And the fact that over 60% of Obama supporters are white speaks volumes. And for black people Obama's win represents a sense of true acceptance as Americans.

2) Obama's win signals the end of the Bush Error. America had become a different place under George Bush, and a not for the better. Things had become too divisive with both domestic and foreign policy. Obama's, I mean President Obama's, landslide victory was a rejection of the politics of the last 8 years. It really feels like a new day in America. Now that's not to say that Obama's going to wave a magic wand and all of the problems will vanish, but if he runs this country with half of the success that he ran his campaign then he's going to be a damn good president.
    Love you signature!
    Excellently put..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

McCain had poor judgement for a hell of a long time then. He let it all happen, and didn't say a word. He went right along with all the hate and lies and then sat there saying it was all the truth.

He's not a good person swept along by things out of his control. He allowed it to happen. He wanted to win and played as dirty as he could to win. He played on fears, bigotry and racism.

HE IS NOT A NICE FUCKING PERSON. He's an asshole, and rightly relegated to that status by his own (in)actions.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Somebody stop me from checking out right-wing sites: I can't stop my morbid curiosity.

Mind you, their comments are so over-the-top they bring the lulz. Here's one response after a fed-up moderator told them to tone down all the assasination and random smear talk:

I wish I could believe that, but I truly believe that mudslinging is the only reason we did as well as we did.

Besides, if I need to damn myself to end the holocaust against the unborn or to ensure that good men are rewarded and evil men punished, is it really that steep a price to pay? The soul of one for the happiness and prosperity of millions?

Oh, Republicans. They're just special.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Oh, you should start a new thread! "Fundie reactions to Obama's win".. everybody could post the most ludicrous things they find
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Shoot, it just occurred to me that now we'll never know if baby Twig is really Palin's kid or not.

Congrats America for finally getting rid of 'Dubuya' the rest of the world loves you for it (honest!).

I stayed up all night to watch the results of the Presidential election even though i would never in a million years stay up to even watch the results of British election. That just proves that the Obama factor has swept the world and the rest of the world badly needs a fresh start from this 8 year rutt that we have been forced to endure because of Hillbilly Bush and his BFF Tony Blair.

Obama is going to make a great President i just hope he gives Prime Minister Gordon Brown a well needed ,good kick up the backside over his crappy Foreign Policy.

Know what else I am amazed by? Obama did this by using all of his own donations for the campaign and didn't use government elections funds. THAT's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    No offense taken. This change hit me on two levels:

1) Seeing Obama win the White House was a turning of the page in American history. From the slave ships, to the plantations, to Jim Crow, to the Civil Rights Movement, it seemed as if all was build up for last night. If Hillary put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling, Obama shattered it completely. And his win showed people, of all races, that there really is no limitation to the goals you can reach for. Now Obama's win doesn't end racism in America, but it shows that America is taking a major step in the right direction. And the fact that over 60% of Obama supporters are white speaks volumes. And for black people Obama's win represents a sense of true acceptance as Americans.

2) Obama's win signals the end of the Bush Error. America had become a different place under George Bush, and a not for the better. Things had become too divisive with both domestic and foreign policy. Obama's, I mean President Obama's, landslide victory was a rejection of the politics of the last 8 years. It really feels like a new day in America. Now that's not to say that Obama's going to wave a magic wand and all of the problems will vanish, but if he runs this country with half of the success that he ran his campaign then he's going to be a damn good president.

^ awww, that is just too cute.
    It's refreshing to see such a powerful couple that is still actually in love.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post

They make Washington look damn good!

Elite Member

Charlie Gibson from ABC read a statement from Sen. Ted Kennedy last night that made me cry:

Barack Obama is my friend. Tonight, I am proud to call him my president.

I feel the same way. I'm proud to look at the White House and know that the man who will be living there on January 20 is someone who I think truly cares about all of us. He won't be perfect, but I can take pride in knowing that he's willing to try and that he won't look like a dummy in the process.

After eight long, dark years, it's nice to have a president that I actually respect.

Thread Information