Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 44th PRESIDENT ELECTED BARACK OBAMA

^^ Hot, who'd your hub end up voting for?

Elite Member

Let me tell you guys why my undecided hubby decided to vote Obama. When he left the house on Tuesday morning he was undecided. He said here's how he made his decision:

He had to assume that if one was lying that they both were. Since he couldn't prove either of them were lying, he went on the premise that both of them would do what they said. He liked what Obama said and how he came across and he said that he was going to be optimistic and that if Obama was the man he came across as, that he would be a great leader.

He said that he liked McCain in 2000, but the 2008 McCain appeared to have sold his soul and DH penalized him for that.

He also said that he wished Palin would now "drop off the face of the earth". LOL. DH has been very mild throughout the campaign, I had no idea that he disliked her that much

i was watching tv late last nite, they showed the location of McCains concession speech, all emptied out. except for a few people there, on stage, talking to Sarah Palin. LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Oh, and he said that he honestly hadn't done much research and that I had and that if you can't trust your wife, who can you trust. I love him

I told him that we've been together for 17 years and we should have very similar philosophies, and I didn't see any reason why we shouldn't vote the same way.

If I had bet on who he would end up voting for, I would've been wrong. I thought for sure he would vote for McCain as the "safe" candidate.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I loved seeing the massive, joyous crowds all over the country last night, and even in Kenya! The crying and jumping for joy at Ebenezer Church set off my water works.

CNN interviewed some celebrities at a party in LA. I liked what Gina Gershon said: "If Obama runs the country like he ran his campaign, we're going to be great!"

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I wish I had a baby so I could dress him up in Obama gear. My second wish was that I live in Nebraska so I could drop that baby off after the election. Because, really, I don't want a baby. I just want something to fit into an Obama onesie. Maybe I should get a small dog.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Michelle is going to be the next Jackie Kennedy when it comes to fashion and style. She knows her body and what looks good. That black/red dress is VERY clever - accentuates the positives and skims over the negatives.
    i agree. i love that dress, it's simple, chic and original. and a nice change from the usual staid d.c. politician's wife garb.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I did not vote for McCain, but I was very proud of how he conducted himself last night. That was one of the classiest and most sincere sounding concession speeches I've ever heard.
    i agree. that speech almost made me like him, or at least it reminded me of the pre-palin, pre-far right wing mccain that i didn't totally dislike. you could see the weariness on his face and also, IMO, the disappointment at the jeering crowds, especially when they started booing.
    palin looked a bit shell-shocked. like she still can't wrap her little pea brain around the fact that no, god didn't want her to be vp. and now she has to go back to bumfuck, alaska with her redneck husband and she doesn't even get to keep all her new clothes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    "Obama isn't really a citizen he's with holding his paperwork"

"If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    palin looked a bit shell-shocked. like she still can't wrap her little pea brain around the fact that no, god didn't want her to be vp. and now she has to go back to bumfuck, alaska with her redneck husband and she doesn't even get to keep all her new clothes.
    That sure makes me smile. First Duuuude didn't look very happy either.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Now that's funny

Elite Member

Default Re

That shut her up. I swear I've never seen such vile behavior as Obama haters. Its one thing if they want McCain to win, I can understand that, I know people like McCain, I did until he brought Tootsie on board. But to like McCain is not the same thing as hating Obama. Those people hate so much, they actually ruined a defining moment for McCain.
    I know, I know. It's like I have seen this incredibly ugly side of human nature in this campaign and it's going to be hard to forget it. But I want to let go of it and just be happy.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    The best part is, Texas doesn't want him either! Oh, Bush. It must truly suck to be one of the world's most hated men and have people CHEERING in front of the streets of the White House for a man who has never had any political ties like you did to get him there. HAHA. In your face.

BYE BYE BUSH!

This is a great day!

And this is funny:

I have that calendar. It is funny and sad. Everyday it has one of his quotes. amazing how stupid he is.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifey View Post
    I hope this really is about change for all Americans, not just making history for African Americans. No offense...

No offense taken. This change hit me on two levels:

1) Seeing Obama win the White House was a turning of the page in American history. From the slave ships, to the plantations, to Jim Crow, to the Civil Rights Movement, it seemed as if all was build up for last night. If Hillary put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling, Obama shattered it completely. And his win showed people, of all races, that there really is no limitation to the goals you can reach for. Now Obama's win doesn't end racism in America, but it shows that America is taking a major step in the right direction. And the fact that over 60% of Obama supporters are white speaks volumes. And for black people Obama's win represents a sense of true acceptance as Americans.

2) Obama's win signals the end of the Bush Error. America had become a different place under George Bush, and a not for the better. Things had become too divisive with both domestic and foreign policy. Obama's, I mean President Obama's, landslide victory was a rejection of the politics of the last 8 years. It really feels like a new day in America. Now that's not to say that Obama's going to wave a magic wand and all of the problems will vanish, but if he runs this country with half of the success that he ran his campaign then he's going to be a damn good president.

I'm still tired from being so hysterical. @.@ I probably cried in bed, for 20 minutes, because The Win finally hit me...and hard. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    No offense taken. This change hit me on two levels:

1) Seeing Obama win the White House was a turning of the page in American history. From the slave ships, to the plantations, to Jim Crow, to the Civil Rights Movement, it seemed as if all was build up for last night. If Hillary put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling, Obama shattered it completely. And his win showed people, of all races, that there really is no limitation to the goals you can reach for. Now Obama's win doesn't end racism in America, but it shows that America is taking a major step in the right direction. And the fact that over 60% of Obama supporters are white speaks volumes. And for black people Obama's win represents a sense of true acceptance as Americans.

2) Obama's win signals the end of the Bush Error. America had become a different place under George Bush, and a not for the better. Things had become too divisive with both domestic and foreign policy. Obama's, I mean President Obama's, landslide victory was a rejection of the politics of the last 8 years. It really feels like a new day in America. Now that's not to say that Obama's going to wave a magic wand and all of the problems will vanish, but if he runs this country with half of the success that he ran his campaign then he's going to be a damn good president.

King, you really are a class act. I love you to pieces. You always speak with such class and intelligence. You're also always so humble and right on point.

someone needs to go into the 'Fail' thread in 'Laughs and Oddities' and put up some of the GOP, McCain, Bush, etc..and especially PALIN!!!! FAIL!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information