Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right-wing homophobe aide outed as gay

Angry Right-wing homophobe aide outed as gay

High-profile Tancredo presidential campaign staffer outed

Tyler Whitney, the webmaster for the right-wing antigay Colorado Republican Rep. Tom Tancredo's presidential campaign, has been outed by the Michigan gay paper Between the Lines. I had reporter Todd Heywood on the show today. Bay Buchanan, Team Tancredo Senior Advisor and sister of the fire-breathing Pat Buchanan, is defending Whitney, saying, "A person's sexual preference is a personal matter and has nothing to do with the campaign."

In other words, if he wants to work against his own kind -- for a man who's railed against gay rights and has a zero rating from the Human Rights Campaign -- we're happy to have him!

Whitney, an 18-year-old who is a rising star in right-wing Republican circles (perhaps until now), who also works at the far-right Leadership Institute in Arlington, VA, was involved with the Young Americans for Freedom chapter at Michigan State University (in East Lansing) that is now listed as a hate group by Southern Poverty Law Center. It is the first university-affiliated group to be put on SPLC's hate list, and according to SPLC's Heidi Beirich the reason it was put on the list is because of its use of slurs, a proposal to have the governance of MSU be white supremacist and "its constant immigrant bashing."

Last November, Whitney -- whose father was a speech writer for former conservative Michigan Gov. John Engler, who was no friend to gays -- went to a a YAF-sponsored protest against a pro-gay, pro-trans human rights ordinance and held a sign that said, "Go back in the closet!" Other signs at the protest included "Straight Power" and "Faggotry."

Whitney was handpicked to run a YAF chapter at Western Michigan University by the leader of the MSU chapter, Kyle Bristow. Bristow, who has championed "Catch an Illegal Immigrant Day" and appeared on The O'Reilly Factor, has said that “homosexuality kills people almost to a degree worse than cigarettes… these [pro-gay rights groups] are complicit with murder.” (Michigan Republicans actually defended him after this, something Democrats criticized them for.) Bristow calls gays "deviants" and says he's "against the notion that deviants deserve extra rights." According to Between the Lines, "Bristow has opined that if he had a gay son he would kill him, and that homosexuals should be in prison."()

Whitney and Bristow met Tom Tancredo when he came to campus to speak at a YAF-co-sponsored event last year, and soon thereafter Whitney went to work for the Tom Tancredo for President campaign. But that was all before he was outed today (based on his having quietly told several people he is gay). While Tancredo is so far defending Whitney, there's been no comment from YAF or Bristow. But something tells me they'll all be dropping him like a hot potato if this thing grows -- and it should.
    The Gist

Sorry if this seems like minor news, but I happen to have the issue of "Between the Lines" and this makes me fucking sick. To know that a self-loather like this lives in my state, and that he works for one of the most right-wing repug canidates, it makes me really upset. I can't wait to see YAF and the Michigan Republicans save face with this one. Bigots!

Fuck that little shit, out him, plaster his face EVERYWHERE, dig up every sordid detail on his tricks for all to see.

You wanna play with the bigots, you earn what you get. Fuck you, shithead. Go play in traffic.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Fuck that little shit, out him, plaster his face EVERYWHERE, dig up every sordid detail on his tricks for all to see.

You wanna play with the bigots, you earn what you get. Fuck you, shithead. Go play in traffic.
    I so agree, that self-loathing punk should get nothing but bad publicity. He's just like the so-called Log Cabin Republican, self-hating, bottom-feeding shits that want the slice of Fascist Americana in the name of bigotry and ignorance. I don't know how these shits live with themselves going against who they are. They don't have my sympathy though.

Hit By Ban Bus!

he'd have to be gay with a name like tyler whitney. right up there with channing tatum.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Glad he has been outed. I normally don't approve of that because I do think it is a personal matter BUT he deserves it for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    I so agree, that self-loathing punk should get nothing but bad publicity. He's just like the so-called Log Cabin Republican, self-hating, bottom-feeding shits that want the slice of Fascist Americana in the name of bigotry and ignorance. I don't know how these shits live with themselves going against who they are. They don't have my sympathy though.
    BRAVO!!!!!!!

Fuck these hypocrites......tell him to go cry to Ted Haggard....maybe they can "pray away the gay"

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    Glad he has been outed. I normally don't approve of that because I do think it is a personal matter BUT he deserves it for this.

Anybody who willingly allies themselves with bigots or racists forfeit their right to personal privacy concerning the very issue those groups act against.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Can't he just go pray away the gay?

yeah i see this as a chance for Ted to get back in the public eye. I totally agree he should be outed how the hell can anyone work for these idiots much less someone who is homosexual
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    he'd have to be gay with a name like tyler whitney.
    My first thought too!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

fucking idiot!

“homosexuality kills people almost to a degree worse than cigarettes…

WTF????????

"Bristow has opined that if he had a gay son he would kill him"
    What a moron. How do people think like that?!

He would kill his gay son, and then be in jail for 1st degree murder?

Brilliant. Let's elect that guy!

Honour killings. His son reflects on his own manliness and any sleight must be eliminated.

“homosexuality kills people almost to a degree worse than cigarettes…"
    Riiight. Can you die of second hand gayness just by being around them?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information