Thread: Conservative Dems preparing to side with Bush on Iraq

Default Conservative Dems preparing to side with Bush on Iraq

It's time to replace some conservative Democrats in Washington, DC. I just heard from an impeccable source that there is serious concern on the Hill that conservative Democrats in the House will vote with the Republicans to strip any and all restrictions from the Iraq supplemental tomorrow, effectively giving Bush all the money he wants with no restrictions and no effort to hold either him or the Iraq government accountable for anything. I.e., they will vote to continue this war along the same disastrous course because they're too afraid to challenge George Bush and his failed leadership.

Let me reiterate: This isn't some idle rumor. The concerns are coming from Hill sources themselves.

Yes, while the Republican leaders of the House and Senate are publicly claiming that they won't give Bush a blank check, they're maneuvering behind the scenes to do just that. And while Republican members of Congress are supposedly laying down the law for Bush in private meetings, on the House floor they're going to give Bush everything he wants and needs to continue the war indefinitely.

If that happens, then we need to hang this war, and hang every lost life and every wasted dollar, around the neck of every Republican and conservative Democrat who betrays our troops and our country tomorrow.

Please call your member of Congress and raise unholy hell. Tell them that they'd better vote against giving Bush a blank check when the Iraq supplemental comes up for a vote tomorrow. You can call now and leave a message on their machines.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    Wow. If it's true... wow. 67% of American populace AND congress want this over with.. and they want to keep it going?

Could someone PLEASE initiate a coup and depose these retards?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"they will vote to continue this war along the same disastrous course because they're too afraid to challenge George Bush and his failed leadership."
    Why are they are afraid? That doesn't make any sense to me, at all. Are they afraid that there ideas on this will be just as disasterous?

I have no fucking idea.. i think they're still operating under the antiquated notion of "standing up to Bush = hating the troops" which would be, if it were real, political suicide.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Political suicide? LOL. Well, I guess a lot would go down.

Could someone PLEASE initiate a coup and depose these retards?
    I'd settle for someone dumping a container full of horse shit on the white house lawn.

Thread Information