Thread: WorldNetDaily: Goodbye U.S. dollar, Hello Global Currency

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thumbs down WorldNetDaily: Goodbye U.S. dollar, Hello Global Currency

I've put this under politics because that's what it really is (see article).

President Bush signed an agreement creating a "permanent body" that commits the U.S. to "deeper transatlantic economic integration," without ratification by the Senate as a treaty or passage by Congress as a law.

The "Transatlantic Economic Integration" between the U.S. and the European Union was signed April 30 at the White House by Bush, German Chancellor Angela Merkel – the current president of the European Council – and European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.

The document acknowledges "the transatlantic economy remains at the forefront of globalization," arguing that the U.S. and the European Union "seek to strengthen transatlantic economic integration."

The agreement established a new Transatlantic Economic Council to be chaired on the U.S. side by a cabinet-level officer in the White House and on the EU side by a member of the European Commission.

The current U.S. head of the new Transatlantic Economic Council is Allan Hubbard, assistant to the president for Economic Policy and director of the National Economic Council.

The current EU head of the council is Günther Verheugen, vice-President of the European Commission in charge of enterprise and industry.
    (Story continues in link below)
    WorldNetDaily: Bush OKs 'integration' with European Union

See also:
    WorldNetDaily: Goodbye U.S. dollar, hello global currency

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Silver Member

Had to read it a few times, still confusing, but I think I get it. If there's integration he can buy his European designer clothing cheaper instead of having to hope the US dollar is exchanging at a good rate.

I don't get it. I understand the European Union, it makes sense. A bunch of "smaller" countries that rely heavily on each other sharing a common currency. But including other countries in that?? Isn't that just one step closer to global communism? Everyone sharing in the same fortune/misfortune without the benefit of being able to get ahead? Further widening the gap between developed & developing countries?

Thread Information