Thread: Ann Coulter: reporting Barack Obama's poll lead helps terrorists

Thumbs down Ann Coulter: reporting Barack Obama's poll lead helps terrorists

WASHINGTON - A recent Newsweek poll showing Democrat Barack Obama (news, bio, voting record) leading top Republican presidential hopefuls could have been made up and might help al-Qaida, conservative commentator Ann Coulter said in her latest verbal broadside.

Coulter, a best-selling author known for outrageous and often controversial statements, was asked Sunday on Fox News' "At Large" what she thought about the survey results.

"I think this is Newsweek doing more push polling for al-Qaida," she said, referring to campaign-season telephone calls to voters masquerading as neutral surveys but designed to build opposition to targeted candidates.

Asked by host Geraldo Rivera whether she thought Newsweek would make up the results, Coulter said, "Yes, I do," adding, "In polls where people are actually allowed to vote, Republicans do a lot better."

Coulter did not explain how the poll might help the terrorist group. Since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, some Republicans have argued that their party would do a better job of protecting the U.S. against terrorism than Democrats.

Coulter's remark drew a response from Evans Witt, chief executive officer of Princeton Survey Research Associates International, which conducted the Newsweek survey.

"As the 2008 election campaign continues to heat up, I am sure that there will be informed and incisive criticisms of polls from many observers," he said. Coulter's comments "do not fit into this category," he added.

Newsweek spokeswoman Jan Angilella said the magazine would have no comment.

In March, Coulter used a gay slur about Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards

Coulter: Obama poll lead helps al-Qaida - Yahoo! News
    God, she is such filth. Why can't she just die already.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Asked by host Geraldo Rivera whether she thought Newsweek would make up the results, Coulter said, "Yes, I do," adding, "In polls where people are actually allowed to vote, Republicans do a lot better."
    Seyz Osama in drag that illegally voted in another district.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I always find it kind of weird to hate someone I don't know personally, but this is one person that I would spit on if I ever came across it. S/he is truly soiling the world.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

She's a contemptible person. Obviously, I don't know her personally, but it is hard to find anything likable about her.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

You'd think the repugs would start realizing what a liability she is.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Ann Coulter makes me think of Paris Hilton; I am holding onto the belief that if we just ignore IT then IT will cease to exist.

I wish I could say I was shocked by Ann Coulter's latest attempt to get attention, but I'm not. Mommy and Daddy must have REALLY wanted a boy, and now the rest of us have to suffer for it. Over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    God, she is such filth. Why can't she just die already.
    Well with Falwell gone now..you know how they always say these things happen in threes..( )..so maybe Mann will be one of the impending deaths to fill out the trio???

*mean but I could not help myself..lol..I will even pass on attacking Falwell himself..but Coulter..no such pass! *
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Thread Information