Thread: Rudy Giuliani, in drag, now opposes gay civil unions

Cool Rudy Giuliani, in drag, now opposes gay civil unions

Giuliani now opposes civil unions
    by: pam
    Thu Apr 26, 2007 at 23:00:00 PM EDT

Anything to get elected. I wonder how his gay friends (Howard Koeppel and his partner Mark Hsiao) who put him up in their pad while he was going through his messy divorce with Donna Hanover, feel about being sh*t on by Rudy. That leaves zero Republicans for any semblance of equality.

In a major reversal from an earlier position, the political website of the New York Sun will report tomorrow that former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani now opposes civil unions between same sex partners.
    An advanced copy of an article sent to RAW STORY shows that the New York Republican has backed off his earlier support for civil unions, prompted by the passage of a law in New Hampshire's State Senate.

"In this specific case the law states same sex civil unions are the equivalent of marriage and recognizes same sex unions from outside states. This goes too far and Mayor Giuliani does not support it," the Giuliani campaign said in a written response sent to the Sun's Ryan Sager.

The NY Sun article is here. Rudy in 2004:

Asked by Mr. O'Reilly in the interview how he would respond to gay Americans who said being denied access to the institution of marriage violated their rights, Mr. Giuliani said: "That's why you have civil partnerships. So now you have a civil partnership, domestic partnership, civil union, whatever you want to call it, and that takes care of the imbalance, the discrimination, which we shouldn't have."

Wingnut Rudy's position now:

"Mayor Giuliani believes marriage is between one man and one woman. Domestic partnerships are the appropriate way to ensure that people are treated fairly," the Giuliani campaign said in a written response to a question from the Sun. "In this specific case the law states same sex civil unions are the equivalent of marriage and recognizes same sex unions from outside states. This goes too far and Mayor Giuliani does not support it."

Oh yes...and look what John unearthed:

http://www.youtube.com/notify-Citco-...lkJTNEMTQ4OA==

One of Giuliani's MANY drag appearances.

I'm sure this will appease the bible beating right wing that he's courting as well. He can't hide his pro-gay past, but the fever of presidential wannabes in the GOP has rendered them delusional on core issues. They really believe the primary sheeple are stupid.

Pam's House Blend :: Giuliani now opposes civil unions
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, the good news is that Rudy doesn't have a chance in hell of getting elected. Too many divorces, too liberal (or used to be) for middle america. It looks the repug pool of candidates is shrinking by the second.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

What I don't get is that the whole neocon thing is pretty much on its way down.. why are these politicians still pretending there's an ascension on the wingnut side?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It's the only option available. They can't exactly back off their crazy past statements and I'm sure there are behind the scenes types who continue to want to push the neo-con agenda, fudge the numbers and convince the candidates that the American electorate is still buying this shit. Scarily enough, some are. I had one of those great encounters the other day where someone you know (not well) suddenly reveals themselves to be aligned with the scary righties. It always takes me by surprise.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yet again no civil logical eplanation as to why he opposes it except for pure bigotry plain and simple.

Pfft nah.. he's just being a two faced politician

This is going to backfire on him. He got some crossover support from Democrats because of his stance on certain social issues like this. Now he's lost those. The extreme conservatives he is courting now won't forgive him for his past sins.

Now if he would have fucked a male prostitute while on meth, maybe...

Look who's the flip-flopper now.

While Rudy was running for mayor of NYC he made a campaign promise to have gays and straights treated equally across the board and was successful in that promise, even signing it into law and fighting for the bill when it was challeneged in a NY state court. Hmmm, what happened, Ruds?

I hate this man for being the fear mongering sack of shit that he is! This is icing on the cake!

Thread Information