Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Students pelt Karl Rove after university speech

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Students pelt Karl Rove after university speech

WASHINGTON White House adviser Karl Rove was confronted by more than a dozen protesters who blocked his car and threw things as he tried to leave a speaking engagement at American University, officials said.

Rove was attending a guests-only discussion of electoral politics Tuesday night sponsored by the American University College Republicans.

"It was their last meeting of the year, and Mr. Rove spent about an hour with the students," said Maralee Csellar, a university spokeswoman. About 150 people attended the event, which was limited to invited guests.

When Rove tried to leave a campus building, he was confronted by more than a dozen protesters who surrounded his car to prevent it from leaving, Csellar said.

"They were throwing unknown objects at the vehicle," said Secret Service spokeswoman Kimberly Bruce. She said members of the Secret Service asked the protesters to move. When they continued to block the vehicle's exit, campus police were contacted.

Campus police lifted some of the demonstrators from the asphalt and carried them out of the vehicle's path so Rove could leave the campus. There were no arrests or injuries, police said.

A telephone call seeking comment from the White House was not immediately returned.FOXNews.com - Students Pelt Karl Rove After Speech at American University - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

I say pump up thier GPA stat.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Too bad it was only 12 students protesting. Where are all the kids today? No one's nearly as outraged as they were when they were getting their asses drafted back in Vietnam.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Wait until the draft comes back, which shouldn't be too long now. Then again, kisd are so brainwashed into thinking it would be un-American or anti-God or similar if they actually followed their instincts.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I think showing such disrespect for our government officials as to actually assault them in public is tasteless and embarrassing. These people need to learn some self restraint and start acting like the adults that they are instead of five year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think showing such disrespect for our government officials as to actually assault them in public is tasteless and embarrassing. These people need to learn some self restraint and start acting like the adults that they are instead of five year olds.
    Are you kidding me? This is Karl Rove we are talking about. Where was his respect for his country and its people while he was masterminding an illegal and heart-breakingly unnecessary war, spearheading an anti-gay agenda to fuel a republican re-election, and outing a CIA operative?

Like Dean James, I too, wonder where the rest of the protesters were. Kids today have been too coddled. It's about damn time they learn to stand up and fight for things that matter. Our country wasn't born great, and it certainly won't stay that way if we sit by and let people like this man and his ilk get away unscathed. While I don't condone violence, I'm glad to see that at least some kids today aren't too apathetic or worried about being 'improper' to speak out.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Elite Member

well said miss lastlook

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks for posting this buttmunch. I heard about it in my car on the way back home and was hoping someone would post it. It riles me that Karl Rove is getting away with treason three times over, and nothing can get done about it.

Government officials who engage in treason are suddenly to be respected?

Funny, I come from the generation where respect is EARNED, not simply expected because of station. He deserves to be strung up, not have his ass kissed.

Secondly, why is it nobody brings bricks to throw?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Because they don't want to end up in Gitmo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, give me a break. Rove is guilty of so many crimes that if the worst that happens to him is that a few eggs get tossed his way, he should count himself lucky. Quite frankly, I don't feel I should blindly show respect for anyone simply because they've clawed thier way into a position of power.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Too bad it was only 12 students protesting. Where are all the kids today? No one's nearly as outraged as they were when they were getting their asses drafted back in Vietnam.
    You have to wait until they get yanked from their playstations and mp3 players and are forced to put on a uniform. Then you'll see some serious revolts. Till then, kids will just go about their merry little way, living sheltered lives of blissful ignorance.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Quite frankly, I don't feel I should blindly show respect for anyone simply because they've clawed thier way into a position of power.
    Ahem, I don't think that's actually how he did it. (Think both ends of his physical body ) I do acknowledge the fucker is smart. He just shouldn't be using his brain for evil purposes. But he is.

He's kind of like those cardboard characters in comic books or bad films: the evil genius who has a one dimensional personality and wreaks havoc on the world. Let's hope his story ends the way it would in a comic book...he almost wins but in the end, good prevails over evil.

--Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Secondly, why is it nobody brings bricks to throw?
    or at least a bag of very nice and large tomatoes

Now there are protests at Brigham Young Univeristy over Dick Cheney giving teh commencement address. Who thought the mormons had it in them?

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information