Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive US military buildiup on Iranian border, says Russian spook agency

Exclamation Massive US military buildiup on Iranian border, says Russian spook agency

MOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

He also said the U.S. Naval presence in the Persian Gulf has for the first time in the past four years reached the level that existed shortly before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Col.-Gen. Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, said last week that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future.

A new U.S. carrier battle group has been dispatched to the Gulf.

The USS John C. Stennis, with a crew of 3,200 and around 80 fixed-wing aircraft, including F/A-18 Hornet and Superhornet fighter-bombers, eight support ships and four nuclear submarines are heading for the Gulf, where a similar group led by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has been deployed since December 2006.

The U.S. is also sending Patriot anti-missile systems to the region.

RIA Novosti - Russia - Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border
    Jesus Christ, it's WW3 in a can. Bush is INSANE!

Bring the country to its knes with a minimum of fuss? Did they not learn their lesson in Iraq, a country half the size and with 1/4 of the military capability!?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Did they not learn their lesson in Iraq, a country half the size and with 1/4 of the military capability!?
    No, and they don't care either. The 1/4 capacity was and is calculated and intentional.

Yeah, but Iran is a modern, well funded military entity. The revolutionary guard are at least a match for the marines.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

and foolish. But they're evil incarnate, so they really don't give a shit who suffers or who dies. The whole thing is absolutely insane.

THis just makes me cringe.. I am beginning to think W is the antichrist.. In the bible it sounds like him, except I think the antichrist comes from the East. He is a sorry excuse for a human being and I cannot wait for the next election..
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Depending on how you look at it, East is everywhere.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I'll be damned if my taxdollars are going towards a religious war. This is beyond fucking retahded.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Don't worry, the chinese will bankroll it like they bankroll all of America lately.

Oh so the Shrub is bored with his Eyerack game?

I read that since childhood, if he isn't winning, he'll either change the rules or stomp off and blame someone else for his inability to win. I'll see if I can dig up the quote. It seems to apply to his military strategy too.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's very true, and of course the Saudis are major behind-the-scenes players in this entire mess as well.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    I read that since childhood, if he isn't winning, he'll either change the rules or stomp off and blame someone else for his inability to win. I'll see if I can dig up the quote. It seems to apply to his military strategy too.
    Yes! He does blame someone else, doesn't he.

This from today

President Bush accused congressional Democrats Wednesday of meddling in Iraq war policy and setting a deadline for a U.S. pullout that would have disastrous repercussions for both countries.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070328/..._wh/us_iraq_37

He's already setting it up to blame the Dems for his failed illegal invasion.

And he's blaming this oblique "Evil" once again. Not exactly specific just it's all "Evil's" fault.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

The Dems aren't backing down.. They sent a bill approving the money for the troops in Iraq, but included a timeline to have them sent home.

The Rethuglicans tried introducing a motion to have the money go through, but the 'timetable' wording tossed out, and it failed.

Bush is now threatening to veto anything that comes across his desk that has a timetable for withdrawal, and is going to say the Dems won't give money the troops need.

The Dems are fighting fire with fire, and saying if Bush veto's the bill, his refusal to be held accountable for Iraq is keeping the money from the troops.

It's sad that the soldiers are caught in the middle, but it's Bush's doing. The Dems have to call him on it.

If he vetos it, a bipartisan piece of legislation, there could be a motion of non-confidence tabled.

I like Senator Pryor's idea (D- Arkansas) keep a deadline in the bill but keep it classified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information