Thread: Ann Coulter's new book due out in October

Thumbs down Ann Coulter's new book due out in October

Coulter book coming in October
    By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer

NEW YORK - While conservative pundit Ann Coulter has been dropped by several newspapers for using an anti-gay slur regarding Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, she remains in good standing with her book publisher.

The Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc., plans an October release for her next book, "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans."

"We have a book with her on our fall list and have no plans on altering our current publication plans," Crown publisher and senior vice president Steve Ross told The Associated Press in a recent e-mail. "Every book we have published with Ann has been a major best seller and we expect the same with the upcoming title."

Coulter's books include "Treason," "Slander" and "Godless," in which she harshly criticized a group of New Jersey widows whose husbands perished in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much," she wrote.

According to Editor & Publisher, at least eight newspapers have dropped Coulter's syndicated column since her comments about Edwards, a former senator from North Carolina.

On March 2, speaking to Republican activists attending the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, Coulter said, "I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the ... ('f-word'), so I — so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards.

Coulter has declined to apologize, telling The New York Times, "C'mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting that they are like John Edwards. That would be mean." She was referring to "Grey's Anatomy" actor Isaiah Washington, who said he would seek counseling after using the word to refer to a fellow actor.
    Coulter book coming in October - Yahoo! News

Is it too much to hope for that this shit will tank miserably and mAnn will be forced into squalor and ruin?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

My book on Mann Coulter.. "If She's Just Get Laid, She'd Shut The Fuck Up!"

If Democrats were republicans, the air would be leaden soup, the country would be bankrupt, and the richest would live in gated communities surrounded by the billions of poor.

Oh hey, that's happening on their watch right now! GO FUCKING FIGURE.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Please stop giving her coverage and exposure. It only makes people aware. If you don't want her to be a success, then don't have her splashed across every paper in the country.

"Keep talking about me. You are only making me more famous."

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I think that's the whole reason she says all those mean spirited things, no paper in the world is going to be interested in anything 'nice' or even not mean she's going to say so she goes for the insane jugular.

Wonder if she's going to be doing any book signings in the DC area? Might be fun to go rattle her crazy box in person.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Please stop giving her coverage and exposure. It only makes people aware. If you don't want her to be a success, then don't have her splashed across every paper in the country.

"Keep talking about me. You are only making me more famous."

I couldn't agree more. Her whole shtick is saying outrageous and offensive things. Ignore her and perhaps she'll go away. I am happy that some newspapers have dropped her sorry ass.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Wonder if she's going to be doing any book signings in the DC area? Might be fun to go rattle her crazy box in person.
    haha you totally should..

Yeah, just throw a pie in her face like those college kids did a few years ago.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think that's the whole reason she says all those mean spirited things, no paper in the world is going to be interested in anything 'nice' or even not mean she's going to say so she goes for the insane jugular.

Careful of the government goons, Gator. I don't trust those life forms.

Snap her jockstrap for me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

My dad asked me to help him sign up for her website/forum so he can post there. (Yes I am the spawn of a neocon). It's a weird place, they are like a little cult. He wanted me to help him go through the site some more but I couldn't stand it. I was itching to lip off but kept it under control.

He did finally figure out not to bring up politics with me - I got in trouble (I'm 39!!) for trash-talking Bush. I think I called him Satan; freaked my parents out and they changed the subject. Which is what I wanted in the first place since THEY brought it up!!!
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Speak your mind, don't cave to your parents. You're just as entitled to your views.

... and frankly, Bush *is* satan. You can list all the horrible things he's done and watch them squirm trying to respond.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    My dad asked me to help him sign up for her website/forum so he can post there. (Yes I am the spawn of a neocon).
    you can't help who your parents are, don't worry..

Thread Information