Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George Bush says the darndest things

Default George Bush says the darndest things

Post your favourite Dubya quotes!

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

YouTube - Bush "Fool Me Once..."

"I'm the master of low expectations."

I found some good ones. These are from just 2006 alone, I couldn't post only one:

"It's bad in Iraq. Does that help?" --George W. Bush, after being asked by a reporter whether he's in denial about Iraq, Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006

"The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done." --George W. Bush, Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006

Maria Bartiromo: "I'm curious, have you ever googled anybody? Do you use Google?"
    President Bush: "Occasionally. One of the things I've used on the Google is to pull up maps. It's very interesting to see -- I've forgot the name of the program -- but you get the satellite, and you can -- like, I kinda like to look at the ranch. It remind me of where I wanna be sometimes." --interview with CNBC's Maria Bartiromo, Oct. 24, 2006

"This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th." --George W. Bush, on the fiscal year that ended on Sept. 30, Washington, D.C., Oct. 11, 2006

"I like to tell people when the final history is written on Iraq, it will look like just a comma because there is -- my point is, there's a strong will for democracy." --George W. Bush, interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Sept. 24, 2006

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"I've reminded the prime minister-the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship." George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006

"I think -- tide turning -- see, as I remember -- I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of -- it's easy to see a tide turn -- did I say those words?" --George W. Bush, asked if the tide was turning in Iraq, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

President Bush: "Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?"
    Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: "I can take them off."
    Bush: "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously."
    Wallsten: "All right, I'll keep it, then."
    Bush: "For the viewers, there's no sun."
    Wallsten: "I guess it depends on your perspective."
    Bush: "Touche.
    --an exchange with legally blind reporter Peter Wallsten, to whom Bush later apologized, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --George W. Bush, on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

"That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three -- three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?" --George W. Bush, while showing German newspaper reporter Kai Diekmann the Oval Office, Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006

"I was not pleased that Hamas has refused to announce its desire to destroy Israel." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2006

"I like my buddies from west Texas. I liked them when I was young, I liked them then I was middle-age, I liked them before I was president, and I like them during president, and I like them after president." --George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Feb. 1, 2006

"He was a state sponsor of terror. In other words, the government had declared, you are a state sponsor of terror." --George W. Bush, on Saddam Hussein, Manhattan, Kan., Jan. 23, 2006

"As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself -- not here at the hospital, but in combat with a cedar [cedar tree]. I eventually won. The cedar gave me a little scratch. As a matter of fact, the Colonel asked if I needed first aid when she first saw me. I was able to avoid any major surgical operations here, but thanks for your compassion, Colonel." --George W. Bush, after visiting with wounded veterans from the Amputee Care Center of Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Jan. 1, 2006

"It's bad in Iraq. Does that help?" --George W. Bush, after being asked by a reporter whether he's in denial about Iraq, Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
    - US President George W. Bush (August 5, 2004)

Will the highways on the Internet become more few?
    - US President George W. Bush (Concord, New Hampshire, January 29, 2000)

^^ WTF??

I don't have the direct quote, but he asked Da Silva, the president of Brazil, whether there were black people in Brazil. In Brazil!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that on tape.

Supporters probably have to learn Yoda or some shit just to make heads or tails of half of what comes out of his mouth.

^^ He probably starts making sense after you had a couple of Jack Daniels.

"We've got an issue in America. Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country"

GWB - September 06 - Speaking to a crowd concerning lawsuits filed against doctors, that are supposed to be forcing healthcare costs up and doctors out of practice
    Last edited by KrisNine; March 16th, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

"The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway." —explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy, Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

While reading at another site about Trump on Bush I came across this video.

It's older, but still funny. He fires Bush.

YouTube - Donald Trump Fires George W Bush

Off topic,just curious,is it true the W in his name is Walker?
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

No, it's actually Wanker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information