Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Nader is running for President again. God help us

Thumbs down Ralph Nader is running for President again. God help us

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former presidential candidate Ralph Nader on Sunday left the door open for another possible White House bid in 2008 and criticized Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton as "a panderer and a flatterer."

Asked on CNN's Late Edition news program if he would run in 2008, the lawyer and consumer activist said, "It's really too early to say. ... I'll consider it later in the year."

Nader said he did not plan to vote for Clinton, a Democratic senator from New York and former first lady.

"I don't think she has the fortitude. Actually she's really a panderer and a flatterer. As she goes around the country, you'll see more of that," Nader said.

On whether he would be encouraged to run if Clinton gets the Democratic nomination, Nader said, "It would make it more important that that be the case."

Democratic candidates he likes include former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel and Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich, he said.

Nader ran for president as an independent in 2004 and as the Green Party candidate in 2000, when some Democrats said he siphoned away votes from former Democratic Vice President Al Gore, helping Republican George W. Bush to win.

Photo Slideshow | Reuters.com
    Dude, WTF! After 3 or 4 times, it's time to throw in the towel and say "Oh shit, maybe my antics have been destroying the country by proxy and I should stop!"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well bless his determined little heart.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I said it once and I'll say it again, a 3rd party will never work in this country. Nader's gonna fuck up the elections for the Democrats again.

I used to have a lot of respect for this guy, but his need to be in the spotlight and refusal to work with anyone pisses me off. I agree with a lot of what the guy says, but he's like a fly trying to push through a half-opened glass window. He's determined to get to the other side, so he keeps flying directly into the glass. He's too damn proud to even consider flying a different course around the window, so he'll never get through. He's never going to accomplish anything like this, except get cult-status among his diehard fans.

He needs to chill on the weed. It is making him delusional!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I said it once and I'll say it again, a 3rd party will never work in this country
    It would if people were ammenable to real change instead of fear tactics and worshipping the status quo. In my opinion, the 2 party system is our real enemy,as we should have amny more choices than we do.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ralph Nader is BATSHIT CRAZY. Now he's suing the Democratic Party!

He went to the dark side several years ago. Ralph Nader doesn't care about American people. I'm not kidding when I say he's gone crazy. Something happened to the man's brain and he no longer makes any sense at all. It's either that, or he needed money and is on the take on the sly. Whatever it is, he's thrown a huge monkey wrench in the past two elections, and he's just done it again for the third time.

I seriously despise this tool. And the idiots who support him, like Patti Smith.

I'm pretty sure a third party retard candidate matters not one whit to the tampered Diebold electronic voting machines that don't leave a papertrail.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

He can kiss the ass of everyone in Portland (the issue that spurred his bogus frivolous lawsuit. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'm pretty sure a third party retard candidate matters not one whit to the tampered Diebold electronic voting machines that don't leave a papertrail.
    Grimm, sometimes I cringe at some of the stuff you write. But then you whisper your sweet political nothings in my ear and it makes me realize all over again why I truly love you. I honestly wish people could see things as clearly as you do and that I could verbalize my thoughts as well, while still being witty. You do it very well my friend. Here's a toast to you!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think the best thing that could happen to the good ole U S of A is a slew of new parties. Ralph Nadar may be a bit past it (and then some) but the basic idea is good. I mean, what huge difference is there between Dems and repugs these days? Not a whole hell of alot, especially if HIllary gets in. Bloody hell I miss the politicians who had actual balls.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Why does Nader keep running when he knows he won't win? I've gotten to the point where I think he's just a fame-whore who likes the attention.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ^ well said, luv it

http://www.davickservices.com/E-vote...ai_CA_Test.htm

Maybe Ross Perot will run again too!
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Oh yeah. Now THAT was entertainment x 10! And dude actually got a respectable amount if votes if I recall....
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information