Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 349,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2008

Yes, that's why nobody will work said jobs.. becaue they can't live on it.. so the companies hire illegals who will just ship that 2 dollars back to mexico.

The companies should be FORCED to pay a living wage, hire legal americans, and then supplement whatever's left with guestworkers who will pay taxes on their earnings.

The companies will bawl about their profits, but welcome to the REAL WORLD. Adjust or die.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

also, the borders need to be fixed pronto. that is completely and entirely congress's fault - the representatives we voted into office for not fixing the borders - its like leaving your front door unlocked and living in an expensive beautiful mansion surrounded by the starving and needy.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    im sorry, show me an american who can survive on 2 dollars a day working in a field?

the wages need to be increased to something LIVABLE.
    I totally agree. Raise the wages to a decent amount and more Americans will do the jobs. Just because someone is willing to work for slave wages it doesn't make it right. raise the price of vegetables. Maybe we will have to buy cheaper sneakers next time, or not such fucking big houses. We Americans want it all and we want it at cheap cheap prices. This is putting the cost on the backs of the laborers.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I totally agree. Raise the wages to a decent amount and more Americans will do the jobs. Just because someone is willing to work for slave wages it doesn't make it right. raise the price of vegetables. Maybe we will have to buy cheaper sneakers next time, or not such fucking big houses. We Americans want it all and we want it at cheap cheap prices. This is putting the cost on the backs of the laborers.
    And there you have why Walmart is doing so well.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Cheaper sneakers are usually made by who in a what?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Well you have a point. How about we just learn to cut back on things we don't really need. Everyone knows we are a coountry that likes it's "things". We do this at the expense of many people, immigrants included. Pay a decent wage, and pay more for veggies, big deal, it is the right thing to do.

I don't see why the US doesn't have an official language or languages.

In a country the size of the US, I'm surprised that it doesn't have an official language.

A*O

I called a US airline the other day to book some tix from LA to Seattle. As usual, I was greeted by a machine but it was rather disconcerting that the default language was Spanish, then the message was repeated in English.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I called a US airline the other day to book some tix from LA to Seattle. As usual, I was greeted by a machine but it was rather disconcerting that the default language was Spanish, then the message was repeated in English.
    Make English the official language, than legally companies don't have to do squat in Spanish.
    Even in Canada, which has English and French as an official language, English is usually than translated into French (except in Quebec and probably eastern Ontario).

Every time it is even mentioned that we have English as an official language the uproar is huge. No can do, God forbid, that is racist.

who cares about that seriously!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    well yeah i forgot brown people are bad! bad bad bad!!!
    What a strawman argument.

they're fucking lazy thats why and full of self-entitlement.

just my opinion.
    Or they can't live on the wages employers are paying illegals? Like I said earlier in the thread, when the feds busted Agriprocessors Kosher Meatpacking Plant, it was reported that the jobs illegals were doing for $8 an hour used to be done by Americans for $20 an hour. Americans can't live on the former wage because we pay taxes, aren't receiving freebies from the government, and aren't living 20 people to a house.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    And remember, the only reason there is cheap produce in the grocery chains is because there is cheap labour on the ground. Replace the illegals with taxed and gainfully salaried legals and watch the price of all produce go through the roof.
    Wrong. Labor is only a small part of the cost of vegetables and fruit. Your argument is the same one the egg producers used to try to combat the proposal on California's ballot to give chickens humane living conditions. The fact is it adds very little (pennies if anything) to the price, but it might cut into their profits.

Farmers should be mechanizing and joining the 21st century anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Very little of the price we pay for produce goes to the worker who picked them. You are also not getting the point. It is not the illegals working in the fields we are complaining about. If anything I would protest FOR them, to get better treatment and wages. I'm complaining about going to my local KMart and being waited on by someone who cannot speak English, (God's honest truth) or all those kids working as baggers, McDonald's, restaurant, etc. They make decent money that would be O.K. but if they are paid under the table it is cheaper for their employer as they don't have to pay social security taxes, or benefits for them. There is so much more to this than people who don't live here understand. It is not cut and dried or black and white, (or brown and white).
    Great post. The illegals working in the fields are only a small percentage of the total number of illegals in this country. You show me an American who won't work in construction, hospitality, etc.

well our govenor took away licenses to illegals so now they have to take bikes or the bus even though part of the taxes they pay go to the roads we all travel on.
    Illegals have never been eligible for driver's licenses in California. The legislature has passed that bill multiple times, but it has alwaays been vetoed.

There is something fundamentally wrong with giving illegals documents that validate their presence in this country. IMO, everytime an illegal goes to claim government benefits, they should be flagged by ICE and put on the list for deportation.

And illegals in CA are still driving without licenses or insurance, driving up the cost of insurance for everyone else in the state, once again harming the livlihood of people who play by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    I don't see why the US doesn't have an official language or languages.

In a country the size of the US, I'm surprised that it doesn't have an official language.
    As far as I know, several (if not the majority) of states have made English the official language. But the bill to make English the official language of the country has been stalled by the illegal alien-loving Democrats. How dare we try to protect our culture and heritage, and not accomodate every immigrant who comes here and doesn't make even a basic effort to assimilate.

BTW, Mexico doesn't have a national language either. I say we all flood there, and start demanding education, services, etc. provided to us in English.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Sickening. I've never heard that. But I am tired of pressing 1 for English or listening to an option to press Spanish when I call helplines. We need to stop being so accomodating to people who don't make any effort to assimilate into society.

How dare we try to protect our culture and heritage, and not accomodate every immigrant who comes here and doesn't make even a basic effort to assimilate.
    Didn't the natives say that about the white folk that landed on their shores?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

what is fundamentally wrong purple rain? please enlighten me. b/c im just a fucking strawman!

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    Make English the official language, than legally companies don't have to do squat in Spanish.
    Even in Canada, which has English and French as an official language, English is usually than translated into French (except in Quebec and probably eastern Ontario).
    The federal government can't designate an official language because it infringes on the 1st amendment--the right to free speech.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information