Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 349,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2008

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    There should be net negative illegal immigration. Americans are unemployed and getting laid off in record numbers. There is no reason those who aren't even authorized to be in this country should have jobs when millions of Americans do not.
    they're fucking lazy thats why and full of self-entitlement.

just my opinion.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Precisely. Show me a high school or college graduate or even an 8th grade graduate who would be willing to work in the fields all day. If you do, I'll give you a million dollars.

Here you go Butt... Texas Department of Public Safety - Crime in Texas Reports ummmm I'm checking it out now just in regards to crime in Texas. Hmmmmmm

Persons Arrested (sorry if my formatting is retarded - these are murder stats in 2007)
    When compared to 2006 statistics, the number of
    persons arrested for the crime of murder in Texas
    increased 4.4 percent. Of the persons arrested for
    murder, 89 percent were male; 4 percent were
    age 16 and under, 64 percent were White and 36
    percent were Black; 63 percent were not Hispanic; and 37 percent were Hispanic.

Persons Arrested - Rape
    When compared with 2006, the number of persons
    arrested for forcible rape decreased 6.8 percent
    to 2,103. Of the forcible rape arrestees in
    2007, 12 percent were juveniles (16 and under)
    and the remainder were adults; 99 percent were
    male; 74 percent were White, and 26 percent
    were Black; 63 percent were not Hispanic and 37
    percent were Hispanic. The 20 to 24 age group
    had the highest number of arrests. Because, by
    definition, the crime of rape is limited to the carnal
    knowledge of a female by a male, the overwhelming
    majority of persons arrested for this
    crime are male. The small number of females
    arrested for rape, 11 persons in 2007, are generally
    arrested as accomplices

Yeah, not getting where the illegals play into these stats.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    they're fucking lazy thats why and full of self-entitlement.

just my opinion.
    Exactly. I would do whatever was available if I lost my job today.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Alice, don't forget that they aren't only here to pick fruit and what not; they're also here to murder and rape according to magical stats pulled out of the void.
    What I said is exactly accurate. I practice criminal law, and I'm required to keep these stats for cases I handle. Illegal immigrants are not concentrated equally within Texas or within the border states. But in my region, I've seen them to be disproportionately represented in violent sex crimes. That is the data from the numerous cases I've had, and other practitioners in my area also bear this out with their data. There was actually an article written about why this phenomenon exists, written by a Mexican man who treats sex offenders. I'm sure this will start a shitstorm, but he stated that it has to do with the macho culture in Mexico...as far as a mindset among many men that women and children don't really have rights. I'm just telling you what I've experienced in my field--yes of course, most Mexicans are great, hardworking people, but there is also a cultural issue at work when it comes to certain crimes.

ETA: I don't think this is the same article, but this has some data and sociological info in it: http://www.darksideofillegalimmigration.com/page10.html
    I can see that the article is presenting one side of the matter and is sensationalistic, but if you put some of the commentary aside, the underlying sources of information are legit.
    Last edited by ManxMouse; November 25th, 2008 at 11:03 AM.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Well, I know in Houston you can pull HPD patrol records of what calls they've gone on with info. Could you provide something similar for your area?

im not even going to look up shit. i know there's a huge drain on health care, but thats b/c so many ppl american and non are uninsured and thats crap! i hate that unhealthy ppl are walking around uninsured but i also know that uninsured ppl wait until the last possible moment to go to the docs, so you kno its bad when they finally go

A*O

You can use statistics to prove almost anything but there has to be a grain of truth in all of them. And I agree with Butt - the reason that most unskilled jobs are done by illegals is because the locals refuse to do them either because of poor pay (chicken and egg argument about crap job/crap pay) or because they are too fucking lazy and entitled to "demean" themselves by putting in a proper day's work for once in their life. So what if you are a college graduate - if the only employer who wants you is the local fruit farmer or landscape contractor then that's your job for the time being at least.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

And remember, the only reason there is cheap produce in the grocery chains is because there is cheap labour on the ground. Replace the illegals with taxed and gainfully salaried legals and watch the price of all produce go through the roof.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A*O

^^^^ Yeah, the listen to the wailing and whining when that happens. You can't have it both ways.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

YOu betcha. People seem to think that they're paying market prices and they're not. Between subsidies and illegal labour (which means people being paid far less than minimum wage, usually piece work) and the result of illegal labour which means little or no tax, that's the reason your fruit and veg are so cheap. Frankly, buy at your local farmer's market or realize that every time you shop at a major supermarket you are supporting illegal labour.

--Sinclair Lewis

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Very little of the price we pay for produce goes to the worker who picked them. You are also not getting the point. It is not the illegals working in the fields we are complaining about. If anything I would protest FOR them, to get better treatment and wages. I'm complaining about going to my local KMart and being waited on by someone who cannot speak English, (God's honest truth) or all those kids working as baggers, McDonald's, restaurant, etc. They make decent money that would be O.K. but if they are paid under the table it is cheaper for their employer as they don't have to pay social security taxes, or benefits for them. There is so much more to this than people who don't live here understand. It is not cut and dried or black and white, (or brown and white).
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

My family is from the valley and I live in Houston; I accept immigration legal and illegal. I have a problem with all crime no matter who commits it. I have a problem with exploitation of anyone. I have a problem with anyone within the borders of the US not having their basic needs met.
    I have a bigger problem with outsourcing and the the insane amount of tax breaks major corporations get.

well our govenor took away licenses to illegals so now they have to take bikes or the bus even though part of the taxes they pay go to the roads we all travel on.

im sorry, show me an american who can survive on 2 dollars a day working in a field?

the wages need to be increased to something LIVABLE.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

for everyone! i totally fucking agree

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information