Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 349,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2008

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^But doesn't that proposal favor illegals from Mexico and Central America who are in closer physical proximity to us than, say, would be immigrants in India, the Middle East, Europe, etc? And the thing is many of the immigrants from those countries would actually be better educated with a higher skill level anyway.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ I agree, it does favor illegals from south of our border. I don't think it's a perfect solution and I don't pretend to know what would be the best for our country. I am open to solutions, but that's the problem, we aren't getting solutions. Our government's answer is to cut budgets because we can't afford to keep so many people afloat. It's not solving our problems.

It feels like the government is ignoring the immigration problems. I have had a lot of friends move to other parts of the country because most of California is going downhill fast. Unless people can afford to live in an affluent zip code in CA, they they are seeing the affects of illegal immigration first hand.

My husband's family is from France. They went through the immigration process and were wanted assimilate and be part of this country. They were educated in a specific trade so they could find employment in America and they learned English before they moved here. When they finally arrived in Los Angeles, they passed their citizenship tests, worked hard and stressed the importance of education to their children. When I ask my grandma in law what it was like being a immigrant, she says that they were happy and blessed to have a new life in America, they didn't rock the boat or ask for help, they didn't believe they were owed anything, they wanted to be good people and were grateful for the opportunity to be here. She says she believes there was a different immigrant mentality back then. They are French all the way, but they are proud to be in America and call it their home.

See his family has strict views on immigration. They believe you should come here legally and be an asset as an immigrant. It's not fair that they had to do everything the "right" way and illegals are rewarded for not following immigration laws.

I agree with them, but like I said, we need solutions and at this point it's going to be impossible to deport all of the illegals in America. The gov't let this go on too long, it's impossible to reverse. So now we need to find out a solution that doesn't include mass deportation.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^What you talkin' bout Willis?!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Love it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thumbs up

Funny Alice

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That is pretty funny.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

fuckin mayflower pilgrim mofos

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Anchor baby is the most disgusting phrase ever.

I don't have a problem with an anchor baby receiving WIC or any other benefits; if I could I would hope the entire world would provide that for all children. We should take a hard line on this illegal immigration mess and let anchor babies suffer; we can photograph them starving to death and use the image as a warning to pregnant illegals coming over the border. That makes me ill.
    For God's sake no one wants to starve the baby. Most of these "anchor babies" go back and forth between Tijuna and San Diego daily or weekly. They come over here when labor starts, check into Sharp Hospital in Chula Vista, (about 6 miles inside the border) have the baby and go home after, or stay they can do either, they have a child who is an American. I know a bunch of really productive people who lived in T.J. all their lives, coming back and forth to shop, then coming over for school or jobs. They are legal. They don't live here, they live across the border, but they are American! Nice huh.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

They're US citizens.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Also people seem to forget even those illegals who are "paying taxes" make so little they get it all back after they file. 12 million illegals! That doesn't count all the legal immigrants we have. There are a lot of people here from different countries. Wonderful! Try being French like my husband, (I got a Frenchie too Deaddwarf) who got NO HELP in school, had a job when he arrived, took night school to learn English and ended up opening his own business. This is why the Asians are picked on so much, they try to improve themselves immediately. Hispanics are often content to remain in the shadows doing the jobs no one else will do for so little. You may think that is noble, but I think it is self defeating. We need immigrants who want to live the American dream, not just "make a living" and send the extra back to Mexico. We need to make Mexico take care of their own. I'd rather send money to Mexico than Iraq. I would do what I have to do also to help my family including smuggling them over the border, but once that is done, I would do everything I could to improve my life here.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Also people seem to forget even those illegals who are "paying taxes" make so little they get it all back after they file. 12 million illegals! That doesn't count all the legal immigrants we have. There are a lot of people here from different countries. Wonderful! Try being French like my husband, (I got a Frenchie too Deaddwarf) who got NO HELP in school, had a job when he arrived, took night school to learn English and ended up opening his own business. This is why the Asians are picked on so much, they try to improve themselves immediately. Hispanics are often content to remain in the shadows doing the jobs no one else will do for so little. You may think that is noble, but I think it is self defeating. We need immigrants who want to live the American dream, not just "make a living" and send the extra back to Mexico. We need to make Mexico take care of their own. I'd rather send money to Mexico than Iraq. I would do what I have to do also to help my family including smuggling them over the border, but once that is done, I would do everything I could to improve my life here.
    THANK YOU!

Look, fuck Mexico. Are we supposed to just absorb 80% of their country? You can make references to the history of America all you want, but the reality is that this particular population is hurting us more than helping us RIGHT NOW. The supply of cheap workers doesn't begin to make up for the strain on the health care system, the lack of tax revenue, and the outflow of money from workers here to a foreign economy. There is also a serious problem with violent sex offenders.....68% of rape/murder capital cases I dealt with over the last 5 years in Texas involved illegal aliens. Whereas the % of illegal aliens is something like 7%. Make of that what you will, but that is the data.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    So although I do believe they should be taken care of, I do believe that our other programs, especially our schools, are suffering. There is only so much tax money to go around. I mentioned already that the schools in my area are bad, not only that but they shut down some of the smaller police stations due to budget cuts, there's little money to fix schools and city buildings, now they are cutting hundreds of city employees, etc.

This year the state of California cut the education funds by 4.5 BILLION dollars. They have laid off thousands of teachers. My friend, who is a teacher, moved to Pennsylvania where he could get a job. He lives there and sends money back to his wife and child in California. The schools actually have positions available for teachers and pay more than teaching jobs in CA. This situation is due to over crowding in our schools and lack of tax payers to provide for it all.
    The passing of Proposition 13 back in the 70s started the decline of California schools way back when. California schools used to be among the top in the nation before its passage. Funding for schools was never easy after that.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information