Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 349,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2008

A*O

^^^ that would be a start msdeb, but it ignores the fact that employers in certain industries are forced to hire illegals because nobody else is willing to do the work. I may be wrong but I doubt there are many White Collar illegals working anywhere but there's a vast army of Blue Collar or unskilled workers out there keeping the economy afloat in many areas. Take them away, deport them, lock them up, whatever and wait for the whining to begin about prices rising because employers will be forced to hire (and pay) people with legal wage protection and other perks.

And I agree with butt, immigration policy in most countries is most definitely racist although it's done subtly so they think we don't notice.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yeah, that'll work. Seriously folks, think about your ancestors. They onlyl came to the States to make a better life and the people today are faced with crazy shit when trying to do the same thing. The system is fucked and I am all for making workers legal. Don't punish those who will probably amongst the best citizens we could have. We are a nation of many races and many people. Understand who they are.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I love this line:

Its like blatant line cutting. Nix that, its like someone cutting the line, and then walking out of the store without paying a damn thing. It should make people angry.
    I don't care if they want better lives, more money, better homes, and the very same things legal Americans strive for every day. They can not just walk in here and take it. To the people who are backing illegal immigration, if someone walked into your home and took what they wanted, would you help them pack it and cart it away? No? Why?

There are legal measures and they should be followed. I don't care of the illegals are from Jamaica, Mexico, or Ireland, throw them all out if they are here illegally. Offer them the opportunity to apply for citizenship and help them through the process, but if they refuse that offer, toss them across the border and ship them home.

I don't feel as if ALL illegals are bad and criminals and stealing peoples' jobs.
    However I don't agree that it should be just fine to be here illegally, etc.
    But another side to that is that the founders of this country came over here and took over a country that didn't belong to them.

It's all fucky.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    In a mirco level, the price of your fresh fruit and vegetables would go through the roof if illegals weren't there to pick and pack them.

While I strongly disapprove of illegals receiving welfare perks and other benefits they are a 'necessary evil' so long as the home-grown labour force remains unwilling to do the shitty jobs the illegals do for us.
    If the prices go through the roof, so be it. I'll grow my own damn veggies. IMO, I'd rather pay waaaaayyyy more for products than see illegals milking the medical and welfare system. And I am totally serious.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedFairy View Post
    I agree with Buttmunch... it's not like they come here to make someone's life worse or anything like that.
    They just want opportunity for better life.
    Well then the majority should learn to speak English and not expect American taxpayers to carry their load for them. Yeah, yeah, 'Not all of them are like that' and I don't have exact figures, but I believe it's the majority.

If you don't believe it, come out and visit me sometime.

I live in California and this topic really makes me about burst blood vessels in my brain,.
    Last edited by Tati; November 7th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Maybe Mexico should just raise an army and take over and colonize Texas. Texas, you are now known as Texico.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Get them out of here...do it the legal way or don't come at all.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Elite Member

I'm torn on illegal immigration, I do feel for people who just want a decent life and can't get it in their country of origin if they work hard, obey the laws (ok besides being illegally here) how is it hurting me? We have a lot of legal immigrants here and people have talked about how they afford iPhones and other luxuries while living in government housing and aren't being taxed, of course there are many immigrants from the same country that do work hard and don't use government programs or use them correctly, but it just seems like its backwards that that's allowed but decent hardworking people are sent away.

I feel for anyone who wants a decent life and can't get it. That doesn't give anyone the right to steal.

Why do I have no problem throwing all illegals out? They come here to work, true. I pay taxes. They don't. Anything I use which is government provided, I made a contribution to. They didn't. They provide cheap labor. The ones giving them jobs are avoiding paying employment taxes and higher wages.

When illegals use the medical system here, those bills are passed on to the rest of us. Some are bilking government systems and agencies.

There is a some possible way to impede the influx and possibly send some of them packing. Implement high fines for those who knowingly employ illegals. Require illegal's earning be taxed and when a company is found to have paid illegals under the table, make them pay the back taxes and penalties, in addition to the fines. Refuse illegals access to government funded programs, including medical, housing, and education. Declare English the national language and require it be spoken well enough to communicate on the job.

Of course, if those illegals wish to become productive, contributing citizens, work with them to complete the process. If they refuse, buh-bye.

If the rules become stringent enough to make being here illegally hell on earth, they will stop coming, at least in the numbers they are now. Cut them off from what they want and they won't stay.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Everytime this comes up my brain does a funny little jelly dance in my skull... there are many industries that benefit from this cheap and illegal labor and citizens in the end benefit from it as well.

Taxes... I fucking love taxes. Do you know how many people that are citizens work in cash industries and don't pay taxes? How many people who make salaries and massive bonuses who find everyway possible to hide and avoid paying taxes?
    In Texas these illegals still end up paying sales tax and property taxes. Income & social security taxes they may not be paying but they aren't the only ones (gasp, citizens are tax cheats too!).

AO the reason you don't see the vast army of illegal White Collar workers is Outsourcing!

The US has had a history of xenophobic immigration law; we roll out the welcome mat for WASPS but heaven forbid you be anything but...
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; November 7th, 2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Also...
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Get them out of here...do it the legal way or don't come at all.
    My plan would be cool then. Conquering an area, running people off their land, creating your own way of life by bringing over a lot of what you left behind and adding a bit of your own shit when staking your claim worked for whitey.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm on the fence (no pun intended) about immigration policy.

I think everyone here knows that I come from a border town and illegals are EVERYWHERE there. I guess since I was raised down there, it's normal for me to see illegals in my everyday life. That being said, do I think it's right? Of course not. But I don't fault them for wanting to make a better life for themselves. Mexico is corrupt and will continue to be corrupt.. there is no middle class, at least in the areas close to where I'm from. There are either exorbitantly wealthy Mexicans or the dregs of the poor and the irony is that they're intertwined... the poor ones work in the factories of the rich ones and the cycle continues.

That being said, a lot of maquilladoras in my hometown employ illegals.. and they're American owned. The labor is cheap, the hours are long, and they're making products for the American people. If sources of illegal labor somehow ceased to exist I think it would be hand on certain industries... agriculture being one of them.

I think punishments should be levied on both of these groups.. those employing the illegals and those working illegally. I've seen it happen time and time again.. work visas expire and it doesn't change a damn thing.

Citizenship procedures are notoriously difficult, especially in border states... My grandmother became a citizen a few years ago and THAT was an ordeal. I've seen it firsthand and until some policies are implemented that either make acquiring citizenship more fair or we learn to take the shit jobs no legal citizen wants to take then it'll still be a problem, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    My plan would be cool then. Conquering an area, running people off their land, creating your own way of life by bringing over a lot of what you left behind and adding a bit of your own shit when staking your claim worked for whitey.
    touche'
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    They allow them to 'flaunt the law' because without illegals many industries would not be able to run profitably. Teh restaurant industry would be a great example of this, as would various building and landscaping companies.
    THIS is not true. Restaurants often underpay their illegals or make money off the fact that they don't pay any benefits, or taxes on these employees. If the businesses were run correctly they could make a profit. In and Out burger in California pays over $10.00 an hour to their employees, and they make a very nice profit. Probably because they make a better product. We need to pay all employees a decent wage. Landscapers, restaurants, contractors, etc. need to hire legal employees and pay decent wages. They may make a smaller profit, but if they are a good ,well run company they will make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    All sorts of people are illegal in America, for all sorts of reasons. And when they say 'a good percentage' are criminals they aren't giving figures on how many and they're not saying what their crimes were. Hell, they could have a record for jaywalking or pulling a dine and dash. And really, what about those damned Irish? I say get those palefaces outta the country, stat.
    Give me a break. what Irish are you talking about? When the majority of Irish came over here they came on boats and were let into the country after being checked out. Most Irish don't come over now because for the last few years their economy is booming.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    In a mirco level, the price of your fresh fruit and vegetables would go through the roof if illegals weren't there to pick and pack them.

While I strongly disapprove of illegals receiving welfare perks and other benefits they are a 'necessary evil' so long as the home-grown labour force remains unwilling to do the shitty jobs the illegals do for us.
    For God's sake that is another lie fed to us. The price of picking the fruit is like .10 or less of a dollar. They just won't make as big a profit. Also most of the illegals we are complaining about aren't picking fruit. They are working at Walmart, carwashes, restaurants, fast food places and a million of other low wage jobs, that should be higher wages.
    Last edited by Tati; November 7th, 2008 at 04:40 PM.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    For God's sake that is another lie fed to us. The price of picking the fruit is like .10 or less of a dollar. They just won't make as big a profit. Also most of the illegals we are complaining about aren't picking fruit. They are working at Walmart, carwashes, restaurants, fast food places and a million of other low wage jobs, that should be higher wages.
    Migrant workers are ok!

OMFG I was having dinner at Hugo's and the menu was in Spanish and then I was told they only had corn tortillas; obviously the chef and everyone in the kitchen were illegals from Mexico who did not speak English. I will also say that I prefer pho made by illegal Mexicans to Asian fobs; those illegals are even taking other illegals' jobs... oh man!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information