Thread: Cheney says Bush didn't make any mistakes in Iraq, the rest of the world is wrong

Thumbs down Cheney says Bush didn't make any mistakes in Iraq, the rest of the world is wrong

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday dismissed as "hogwash" the suggestion that blunders may have hurt the administration's credibility on Iraq and led members of Congress on both sides of the aisle to question President Bush's plan to send more troops to Baghdad.

In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, conducted a day after Bush delivered his State of the Union address, Cheney was asked to respond to some Republicans in Congress who "are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders and the failures."

To that, Cheney answered, "Wolf, Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash." (that's because you're fucking delusional.)

Cheney said the administration is committed to moving ahead with its plan to send more troops to Baghdad, even if Congress passes a resolution in opposition. (Read a transcript of the interview PDF)

"It won't stop us," he said. "And it would be, I think, detrimental from the standpoint of the troops." (Oh yes, NOT sending more troops is detrimental to those troops. War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Double-Plus good.)

If U.S. forces were to pull out of Iraq, "we would simply validate the terrorists' strategy that says the Americans will not stay to complete the task ... that we don't have the stomach for the fight. That's the biggest threat." (Face it: Americans don't have the stomach for a long, protracted, useless war based on lies and planned by fucking retards. Secondly, it's a sectarian war... not bloody Hezbollah or Al Qaeda after you.)

He added, "The notion that somehow the effort hasn't been worth it, or that we shouldn't go ahead and complete the task, is just dead wrong." (really? your poll numbers would seem to suggest otherwise! I guess 70% of the American population - and rising- is just plain wrong!)

Cheney said the U.S.-led ouster of Saddam Hussein was the right move. (Watch Cheney tell why the war is a success )

"The world is much safer today because of it," Cheney said. (Saddam was contained and no danger to anybody. His economy was crippled, his military a rusted out shambles and his weapons programs non-existent. )

"There have been three national elections in Iraq. There's a democracy established there, a constitution, a new democratically elected government. Yes, one who's leaders you feel you can remove at any time because you don't like how they operate. Very democratic.

"Saddam has been brought to justice and executed, his sons are dead, his government is gone. And the world is better off for it," he said. (one could say the same of yours.)

Had Hussein been allowed to remain at the helm of Iraq, "he would, at this point, be engaged in a nuclear arms race with [Iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad, his blood enemy next door in Iran." (Watch Cheney warn against 'walking away' from Iraq )(except that the US teams and the UN determined - both before and after the fact of the invasion- that he had NO capability of doing so! Why do you keep trotting out the same tired lies?)

Still, Cheney acknowledged "ongoing problems" in Iraq, where an insurgency is blamed for dozens of Iraqi deaths per day and there have been more than 3,000 U.S. military fatalities over the course of the nearly four-year-old war.

"There's problems -- ongoing problems. But we have, in fact, accomplished our objectives of getting rid of the old regime, and there is a new regime in place that's been there for less than a year, far too soon for you guys to write them off." (you've already tried to write them off a half dozen of times!)

He added, "We still have more work to do to get a handle on the security situation, and the president's put a plan in place to do that." (Watch how the war in Iraq has changed )(Yes, one that his military commanders, congress, and the senate - not to mention the public at large- have denounced as useless and stupid!)

Asked to describe the biggest mistake made by U.S. war planners, Cheney said, "I think we underestimated the extent to which 30 years of Saddam's rule had really hammered the population, especially the Shia population, into submissiveness. It's very hard for them to stand up and take responsibility, in part because anybody who's done that in the past have had their heads chopped off." (Uh no, the miggest mistake was having no plan at all for occupation. It's been 4 years and you still don't have essential services up and running.)

Asked about criticism from a conservative group about the pregnancy of his daughter Mary, who is in a relationship with a female partner, Cheney expressed irritation with the question.

"I'm delighted I'm about to have a sixth grandchild, Wolf," he said. "And obviously I think the world of both my daughters and all of my grandchildren. (but not enough to have them be anything but second class citizens, you shitslice.)

"And I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question."

And the vice president carefully avoided talk about the 2008 presidential race beyond expressing outright opposition to Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York "because she's a Democrat" (Oh good reasoning there, since you Rethugs have done such a fucking bangup job) and saying he and Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona "agree on many things and disagree on others."

While refusing otherwise to speculate on the 2008 campaign, Cheney said Clinton will not be president, and even if she were to win she wouldn't make a good chief executive.

"I don't agree with her philosophically and from a policy standpoint," the vice president said. (Good. SOLD!)

McCain, like Clinton a likely presidential aspirant, said last week that President Bush has "been very badly served by both the vice president and, most of all, [former] Secretary of Defense" Donald Rumsfeld.

But Cheney shrugged off McCain's comments, calling the Arizona senator a "good man."

Cheney defended Rumsfeld for doing a "superb job" in his six years in the Bush administration. (Yeah, so superb he got himself fired. Up is down. Left is right. Bad is good.)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/...ney/index.html
    Same shit, over and over even when nobody believes it. Deranged.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yeah, yeah whatever. And you didn't shoot that guy, Dick!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Actually he didn't, the mistress did but whatever! As for his comment, just log it in the "deluded megalomaniac" book. He's got his own, actually.

I knew about the mistress being along on the trip, but I thought he fired the actual shot.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but there was definitely more to that whole affair than any of the general public will ever be privy to! There's more than enough reasons not to trust that slimy bastard than the fact that he covered up that particular shit.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

High time somebody took this guy out on a "hunting" trip.
    Last edited by HWBL; January 25th, 2007 at 02:50 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I heard a DC rumor that Negroponte was moved over to be Condi's second banana because Cheney may have to step down depending on how much dirt gets exposed in the Scooter Libby case. If he does, then Condi becomes the Veep and Negroponte becomes Sec. of State.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

He fits the unofficial definition of insanity -- the whole world is crazy except for him.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I heard a DC rumor that Negroponte was moved over to be Condi's second banana because Cheney may have to step down depending on how much dirt gets exposed in the Scooter Libby case. If he does, then Condi becomes the Veep and Negroponte becomes Sec. of State.
    :shudder: Just..... :shudder:

In a few weeks that's all we'll be listening to. It's heating up right now.

He's such an arrogant asshole.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    He fits the unofficial definition of insanity -- the whole world is crazy except for him.

*yep and he's an arrogant asshole.

Thread Information