Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Would Hillary make a good president?

  1. #1
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,128

    Default Would Hillary make a good president?

    OK, I know a lot of you guys are die-hard Democrats, but try to be objective. I am in the information gathering phase, and would like to read what people have to say about her. I live in NC, and am surrounded by conservative Republicans, so I don't get an opportunity in my daily life to get a liberal perspective.

    Do you believe she's trustworthy and will do what she says if she comes to power? What are her stated views on taxes, education, foreign policy, and abortion?

    Thanks for your input!

  2. #2
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    She's more shifty than I'd like, but being a politician she does have to appear more appealing to a larger demographic.

    She's still more sane than anything in Bush's cabal
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  3. #3
    Gold Member barbiedoll25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In an alcoholic haze
    Posts
    742

    Default

    If any woman WAS going to run for president, she would have the best chance. I would vote for her. Maybe the government could use a female perspective. Lord knows how well we have done with a man in control

  4. #4
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    What if that female perspective was the dubiously qualified and generally bumbling and dour Condoleeza?

    *shivers*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  5. #5
    Gold Member barbiedoll25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In an alcoholic haze
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    What if that female perspective was the dubiously qualified and generally bumbling and dour Condoleeza?

    *shivers*
    Oh, Hell no! That would be awful! Plus I don't consider her a woman!

  6. #6
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    Personally, no, I don't think she'd make a good President, but I don't think that it will ever happen so I'm not too worried.

    I think Hillary would have a hard time getting the nomination from her party because not only is she a woman (which, like it or not, many males ARE going to have a problem with), she's extremely liberal. For every person who absolutely loves Hillary, there's another one who equally hates her. I don't know any conservatives who would vote for her, including women, and that could be a problem. My grandparents and mother, who are all Democrats, have also expressed concern over Hillary getting the nomination and have said that they would not vote for her. If the Democrats decided to extend their nomination to a woman, in order for her to have any chance I feel like she'd have to be less controversial, more moderate and more "middle of the road" than Hillary. There are also rampant rumors that Hillary is bisexual, which, true or not, WOULD come out in all of the mudslinging campaigns and could have a significant impact on her ability to draw votes, specifically swing votes from Republicans or votes from moderate to conservative Democrats. In addition, there is the issue of international respect, which I feel would be a serious and potentially dangerous situation if we were to have a female president at this time. With so many countries who do not value or respect women at all (i.e., terrorist ones, among others) we would be taking a big risk with asking them to follow orders or negotiate with a woman. At best, she would face mockery and ridicule. At worst, possible acts of terrorism in protest.

    In terms of demographics, there's no question that Hillary would appeal very strongly to liberal women and to some liberal men. While I'm sure there would be some female conservatives who would vote for her, there wouldn't be enough to make up for the votes that she would automatically lose.

    Giving her the nomination would be virtually throwing out votes from conservatives and any man who doesn't want a woman in office (Democrats included). Attracting swing voters are a large part of elections, and I don't think Hillary would be able to do that. She appeals strongly to a very narrow demographic, but deters a large group of voters, including conservatives and moderates, and I don't think that the Democratic party can afford to lose those votes, nor are they willing to risk it, in what is going to be a crucial election year.
    Last edited by southernbelle; November 7th, 2005 at 10:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Gold Member barbiedoll25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In an alcoholic haze
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Personally, no, I don't think she'd make a good President, but I don't think that it will ever happen so I'm not too worried.

    I think Hillary would have a hard time getting the nomination from her party because not only is she a woman (which, like it or not, many males ARE going to have a problem with), she's extremely liberal. For every person who absolutely loves Hillary, there's another one who equally hates her. I don't know any conservatives who would vote for her, including women, and that could be a problem. My grandparents and mother, who are all Democrats, have also expressed concern over Hillary getting the nomination and have said that they would not vote for her. If the Democrats decided to extend their nomination to a woman, in order for her to have any chance I feel like she'd have to be less controversial, more moderate and more "middle of the road" than Hillary. There are also rampant rumors that Hillary is bisexual, which, true or not, WOULD come out in all of the mudslinging campaigns and could have a significant impact on her ability to draw votes, specifically swing votes from Republicans or votes from moderate to conservative Democrats. In addition, there is the issue of international respect, which I feel would be a serious and potentially dangerous situation if we were to have a female president at this time. With so many countries who do not value or respect women at all (i.e., terrorist ones, among others) we would be taking a big risk with asking them to follow orders or negotiate with a woman. At best, she would face mockery and ridicule. At worst, possible acts of terrorism in protest.

    In terms of demographics, there's no question that Hillary would appeal very strongly to liberal women and to some liberal men. While I'm sure there would be some female conservatives who would vote for her, there wouldn't be enough to make up for the votes that she would automatically lose.

    Giving her the nomination would be virtually throwing out votes from conservatives and any man who doesn't want a woman in office (Democrats included). Attracting swing voters are a large part of elections, and I don't think Hillary would be able to do that. She appeals strongly to a very narrow demographic, but deters a large group of voters, including conservatives and moderates, and I don't think that the Democratic party can afford to lose those votes, nor are they willing to risk it, in what is going to be a crucial election year.

    In that case, who would YOU nominate as the Democrat nominee?

  8. #8
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    I'm sorry, but that was the most hilariously ridiculous list of reasons why not to vote for a woman.

    Oh no a woman would be soft on terrorism, even though one is presently in charge of taking care of them as we speak! The terrorists might not respect us! Gasp, she might be bisexual!

    I mean come on..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  9. #9
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    Typical... I was waiting for this. Post an opinion that Grimmlok doesn't agree with and be ridiculed and mocked until you back down. However, since you seem to have misunderstood the points that I covered, I'll summarize and englighten you.

    Your first, and most serious, misunderstanding is that you seem to be under the impression that I was listing reasons NOT to vote for Hillary. Wrong. I don't care who votes or doesn't vote for her.

    The post was a list of the reasons why I believe she would not receive the nomination, and if she did, why I felt it would be difficult for her to win.

    I didn't say Hillary would be soft on terrorism, I said that she wouldn't be respected by foreign leaders, and that's a BIG problem. Your remark about Bush "taking care of terrorists" is both ignorant and irrelevant, since the issue I was referring to was whether or not Hillary would be respected by terrorists, not whether she would be hard on them. If you were trying to insinuate that Bush is not respected by terrorists, I can guarantee that the lack of respect they show him would be nothing compared to what they'd show a woman, be it Hillary, Condi, etc.

    Again, while I know many people won't care if she's bisexual, and I don't care if she is, the rumors would be used against her and they would not be well received by people (mainly conservatives) who would oppose having what they believed to be a lesbian or bisexual woman in office. Did I say that people shouldn't vote for her because she might be bisexual? No. I said that I believe many people would choose not to because of it.

    barbie- I don't know who I'd nominate, but it wouldn't be Hillary. It would be a more moderate candidate who appealed to a diverse group of people. He would be a candidate I felt could effectively get the whole hearted support of not only Democrats, but also of some Conservatives, therefore having a strong chance of actually winning back the White House instead of just making a political statement.
    Last edited by southernbelle; November 7th, 2005 at 11:42 PM.

  10. #10
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default Re: Would Hillary make a good president?

    I dunno, I think the fact that Hillary would be able to verbally browbeat them using actual whole sentences might be something of a novelty for foreign leaders used to 5 years of Bush's saliva dribblings.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  11. #11
    SVZ
    SVZ is offline
    Do fish have boogers? SVZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,000,003,609

    Default Re: Would Hillary make a good president?

    love her hair

  12. #12
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default Re: Would Hillary make a good president?

    "Oh, and Senator...."




    ".... LOVE the suit!"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  13. #13
    Bronze Member strikeapose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Would Hillary make a good president?

    I'm conflicted about Hilary as presidential candidate. I like her but I don't know if she could win.

    That said:
    I didn't say Hillary would be soft on terrorism, I said that she wouldn't be respected by foreign leaders, and that's a BIG problem.
    To assume a woman is not taken seriously on the world stage as leader, honey, you need to read the papers and open your eyes. Only in the US have we NOT had a woman as leader of the country. India, Pakistan, currently Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh have and have had female PM's. Remember the lovely Ms. Thatcher? I believe Ireland's President is a woman at the moment, as well as the Philippines. Also I think currently Norway, Finland and perhaps Latvia have women as Presidents (don't remember if Latvia is current but last year it was a woman).

    Are you saying that these are countries that no one takes seriously?

    Seriously mistaken to believe that a woman leading the US would not be taken seriously.

  14. #14
    Bronze Member strikeapose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Would Hillary make a good president?

    Oh, and footnote, in that list of countries I listed with women as leaders, those countries have also had to deal with major issues of terrorism.

  15. #15
    SVZ
    SVZ is offline
    Do fish have boogers? SVZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,000,003,609

    Default Re: Would Hillary make a good president?

    maybe they dont think she won't get respect because she's a woman...but because she's hillary clinton?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: October 30th, 2006, 03:26 PM
  2. Hillary Clinton joke
    By Delphinium in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 16th, 2006, 01:00 AM
  3. I need an easy to make but good Mexican recipe!
    By AliceInWonderland in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 13th, 2006, 05:32 PM
  4. Sharon Stone: 'Hillary Clinton too sexy to be president'
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 28th, 2006, 11:23 AM
  5. Good Reasons Not to Drink, Even With Good Friends
    By browneyedgirly in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 10th, 2005, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •