Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everybody in the world hates Bush !

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Exclamation Everybody in the world hates Bush !

Bush backs human rights; protesters call him 'fascist'
    Argentina hosts 34 leaders, thousands of protesters

MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina (CNN) -- As thousands of protesters demonstrated against him outside the Summit of the Americas on Friday, President Bush said he viewed his participation as an "opportunity to positively affirm our belief in democracy and human rights and human dignity."

Bush said he already had met with leaders of several Central American countries, which he described as "young democracies" eager to implement a free trade agreement.

The Central America Free Trade Agreement was narrowly approved by Congress in July after a intense push by the White House. (Full story)

Earlier, thousands of protesters had greeted a train bringing a group of fellow demonstrators from Buenos Aires -- including Bolivian presidential hopeful Evo Morales and Argentinian soccer legend Diego Maradona.

Chanting "Fascist Bush! You are the terrorist!" the protesters massed along the sides of the train, trying to shake hands with those inside. (Full story)

No comment on leak scandal
    Bush began his day with praise for Argentine President Nestor Kirchner. Neither leader took questions at a brief media appearance together.

In an apparent reference to his unpopularity in the region, Bush said to Kirchner, "It's not easy to host all these countries -- particularly not easy to host perhaps me. But thank you for doing it."

Kirchner, speaking through a translator, said the two had "a very important meeting" and were "quite candid" in discussions on numerous issues "related to our bilateral relations."

Later, speaking alone with reporters, Bush deflected questions about political problems at home. It was the first time he had taken questions since the indictment of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's top aide. .(Watch: Bush leaves, troubles follow -- 2:27)

Bush said he would not talk about the indictment, or the future of political adviser Karl Rove. (Full story)

Economics on the agenda
    One of the top economic issues for Friday's host nation involves the International Monetary Fund.

Argentina is seeking a new IMF loan agreement. The fund helped the country out of a major economic crisis in 2002. But Argentine leaders have complained that they're not getting the kind of deal they need now.

"The president was quite firm in his belief that the IMF ought to have a different attitude toward Argentina," Bush said.

He did not express support for Argentina's position, instead sticking by previous assertions that he would leave that between Argentina and the IMF.

Bush said Kirchner has made "wise decisions" that helped Argentina's economy change "in quite dramatic fashions." He added that Kirchner's economic track record makes it possible for him to "take his case to the IMF with a much stronger hand."

Chavez rift downplayed
    Bush will come face-to-face at the summit with a man his administration has criticized as a menace to hemispheric stability -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, a left-leaning populist who routinely denounces Bush as "Mr. Danger" and refers to the United States as "the Empire."

Among the ways Chavez has chosen to tweak Washington's nose is by embracing Cuban President Fidel Castro, who was not invited to the summit because he is not democratically elected.

U.S. officials downplayed any Bush-Chavez subplot at the proceedings.

"This summit is not about Hugo Chavez," U.S. national security adviser Stephen Hadley told reporters Wednesday. "We've had some long-standing concerns about the policy for his government. This is not news."

Bush said when he encounters Chavez "I will of course be polite. That's what the American people expect their president to do, be a polite person."

Bush, who had not been to Argentina, will also make stops in Brazil on Saturday and Panama on Sunday.

CNN's Dana Bash and Lucia Newman contributed to this report.

They said on the news this morning that his approval rate is like 37% now.

Everyone who hates him say, YAY!
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

BOO! i love me my W. so
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

Quote Originally Posted by britlitgal
    BOO! i love me my W. so

Gawd, WHY?

Of course they hate him, he put the safety of the entire planet in danger, shortsighted asshat It's amazing to see how so many bad choices can be made and so many wrong views can be held by one retard in the ultimate wrong position for said retard> the most powerful office in world politics.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

LOL Believes in democracy and human rights?

Then why is the CIA torturing 'suspects' and keeping them outside the geneva convention and the rule of law, international AND u.s. domestic?

Democracy and rights MY ASS, you lying fuckbag.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The only people who like Bush nowadays are the rich cold-bloods and ultra-conservatives in the Bible Belt. Many moderate Republicans have already shown that they are not going to benefit from Bush's actions and plans.

The 37% that continues to support them are nothing but delousional.

Maybe all the dumbasses who voted for him are now feeling stupid for doing so, BUT they won't admit it. Frankly, regardless of what we frickin debate, he is in office a few more years. Hopefully America will judge/vote more wisely next time around! ALL HAIL HILARY CLINTON!!!!!!!!!!! (Maybe in a perfect world)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority
    The only people who like Bush nowadays are the rich cold-bloods and ultra-conservatives in the Bible Belt. Many moderate Republicans have already shown that they are not going to benefit from Bush's actions and plans.

The 37% that continues to support them are nothing but delousional.
    well, since i don't fit into either one of your pat descriptions of bush supporters, now what?
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

I pretty much label anybody who supports Bush as delusional, considering none of the data or evidence to date supports anything he's done or afflicted the nation with.

Faith based initiatives, anti-abortionist judges, gay marriage constitutional ammendment, 2 wars.. one of them based on lies, tax cuts for people who don't need them (yet another attempt at Reaganomics) coupled with insane governmental growth, rampant cronyism...

I mean, what's not to love?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

well, since i don't fit into either one of your pat descriptions of bush supporters, now what?

Why DO you support him though? Seriously, I'm curious; I'm not snarking here. I am genuinely curious.

SVZ

fiddy pencce supports him

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair
    Why DO you support him though? Seriously, I'm curious; I'm not snarking here. I am genuinely curious.
    I would like to know, too. For the same reasons.

I don't either. And I don't really think it's necessary to call people who voted for him dumbasses. While I don't agree with most of what he has done (or not done) his second term, I had my own reasons for voting for him at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information