Thread: Religious reich leaders knew Ted Haggard was gay a long time ago.. and did nothing

Talking Religious reich leaders knew Ted Haggard was gay a long time ago.. and did nothing

What a bunch of freaking hypocrites. They knew that the number one leader of their movement, a movement devoted to anti-gay causes, was gay, and they didn't do a damn thing about it.

What a bunch of freaking hypocrites.

This is akin to being a pedophile, in these people's warped, bigoted minds, yet they did nothing about their leader being one of the abominations they daily rant against. They tolerated a known gay man running their entire movement while trying to pass anti-gay legislation to ruin the rest of our lives. They thumbed their nose at the word of God because it was convenient.

It seems that religious right leader Lou Shelon has some questions to answer, including: Who else among the religious right leaders knew Haggard was gay and did nothing about it?

From Jewish Week, via Talk2Action and dogemperor:

Sheldon disclosed that he and “a lot” of others knew about Haggard’s homosexuality “for awhile ... but we weren’t sure just how to deal with it.”

Months before a male prostitute publicly revealed Haggard’s secret relationship with him, and the reverend’s drug use as well, “Ted and I had a discussion,” explained Sheldon, who said Haggard gave him a telltale signal then: “He said homosexuality is genetic. I said, no it isn’t. But I just knew he was covering up. They need to say that.”

Boy, Lou Sheldon sure is up on his gay code. I didn't realize that people who think being gay is genetic - like, uh, scientists who have actually studied it - are per se all gay because they think it's genetic. What a fascinating man. And a hypocrite.

http://americablog.blogspot.com/
    Oh this is the gift that just keeps on FUCKING
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Incredible. Really incredible. But then again, how many people knew about Foley's 'page problems' long before ABCnews exposed it? The repugs will cover up anything if it's in thier best interests.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information