Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30,000 more troops set to go to Afghanistan

The Soviets couldn't do it, what makes anyone else in the world think they can establish "western style democracy" in that lawless region of ever shifting loyalties?

That's what the pro war crowd wants after all, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    youre correct, a timeline to pull out troops in Iraq.
    Im just numb about this. I dont know what the answer is but I cant imagine it is to risk more soldiers lives and an astronmical cost. I definetly dont believe we will be out as soon as he is saying. Im sick of the words on all sides.
    I think at this point, there's no clear-cut perfect solution with Afghanistan, even if we pulled all of the troops out tomorrow. Afghanistan is just one giant mess, and when you throw in Pakistan it's even worse.

The Prez is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. Man, I wouldn't want to have to make a decision like this. He sure inherited a shitpile from Shrub.

Elite Member

I say we are ripe for a sucessful third party candidate. I could certainly get behind it.

I understand that. Its just very hard to swallow. I was watching the camera pan over the soldiers in the audience and they looked so blank. So brave. I hate war. Just have to trust that its going to be ok.
    Anyone know the story about Sudan/syria offering Osama to Clinton but he said there wasnt enough known about him at that time?
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I think he's pretty much doing what he said he'd do...get out of Iraq as quickly as the conditions on the ground allow and put the focus on Afghantisan and bring our involvement to the quickest end possible. We wouldn't still be in Afghanistan if Cheney the Hateful Evil Simpson Character hadn't decided to skip into Iraq, we had huge early successes and then just simply let it go, pulling troops into Iraq.
    Very true. Had the war in Iraq never happened, the war in Afghanistan would probably be over already.

Elite Member

Default re

Ugh. It sickens the heart. It has to be done...basically, things have gone downhill in Afghanistan since the US shifted its focus to Iraq. But still.

God how I wish we could go back in time and undo GWB. But we can't. We have to play the cards he dealt. I am just going to pray for the troops every night, as I always do, and pray for wisdom and discernment for Obama because he's going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Ugh. It sickens the heart. It has to be done...basically, things have gone downhill in Afghanistan since the US shifted its focus to Iraq. But still.
    I agree. And I'm not sure why some are suggesting that Obama "lied" or did they simply forget that this was a major issue covered in his campaign? He always said that he would set a timetable for Iraq and send more troops into Afghanistan, which is crucial in the "war against terror" - which is exactly what he's doing. I'm not sure why people think he's wrong now when this was expressed before. Did they only hear the part where he said he'd pull troops from Iraq? The sad part is that if we had never invaded Iraq in the first place, we could have won in Afghanistan instead of being in this shithole we're in. And thats not Obama's fault. I certainly can't fault him when he's always expressed that this was what he would do in the first place. The whole thing makes me sick, though - all those people being shipped off to war. We should have always just stuck to Afghanistan and put all of our focus there.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

"the war on terror", stupid concept.

30K troops aren't going to do it. The soviets had a couple hundred thousand. 30K more isn't going to even approach that number.

More meat for the grinder, more dollars down the tubes.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I say we are ripe for a successful third party candidate. I could certainly get behind it.
    Weren't you with the PUMAS the last election?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

So is this is supposed to represent "change we can believe in?" More lives lost for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    30K troops aren't going to do it. The soviets had a couple hundred thousand.
    That was because the US supplied the other side with weapons.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

get ready for a war tax, I think it may happen
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

^^ Who do you think is paying for it now?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^^Oh noes, we don't actually budget for war. It doesn't go onto any how do we pay for it list or anything. Clearly the way to wage a couple of wars is to cut taxes doncha know? But definitely DON'T include was costs in the budget.

I guess I'm a little confused here. This is exactly what Obama said he'd do. We are not trying to establish democracy in Afghanistan. He was pretty clear on that. This administration is not trying to take over the world and make it over into the US' image (seems like I've heard something like that before).

I did think the line of his speech was about NATO and highlighting the worldwide contribution to this action.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information