Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 2nd Presidential debate 07Oct08 9pm EST

When was the crack about Biden's hair plugs? I missed it.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

CPD: 2008 Debate Transcript
    I want to give every American a $5,000 refundable tax credit. They can take it anywhere, across state lines. Why not? Don't we go across state lines when we purchase other things in America? Of course it's OK to go across state lines because in Arizona they may offer a better plan that suits you best than it does here in Tennessee.
    And if you do the math, those people who have employer-based health benefits, if you put the tax on it and you have what's left over and you add $5,000 that you're going to get as a refundable tax credit, do the math, 95 percent of the American people will have increased funds to go out and buy the insurance of their choice and to shop around and to get -- all of those people will be covered except for those who have these gold-plated Cadillac kinds of policies.
    You know, like hair transplants, I might need one of those myself. But the point is that we have got to give people choice in America and not mandate things on them and give them the ability. Every parent I know would acquire health insurance for their children if they could.
    For (most) people who don't even know about Biden, it just sounds like McCain is calling himself old again.

Ahhh...thanks!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

^^ That hair plug "joke" was completely stupid and not well-received.
    He thought he was making a funny and failed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I just saw these and thought they were funny:

"I really am Muslim"
    OMG, I LOVE IT!

Sweetie the bottom one is my fave

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Ahh, but it is. Because he IS a dumbass.

I couldn't help thinking he looked like a pervy salamander. An old wrinkly one. Anyone else notice how much he licks his top lip. It made me feel...dirty every time I saw it. LOL.
    Oh.My.God--i so thought he looked lizard-like, with the eye blinking and the flickering tongue.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    CPD: 2008 Debate Transcript

For (most) people who don't even know about Biden, it just sounds like McCain is calling himself old again.

you have to be kidding me. McCain is cracking on someone's baldness when he famously called his wife a c*nt because she cracked that he was getting "a little thin on top"??? Seems like he'd not want to allude to baldness, his or anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I couldn't help thinking he looked like a pervy salamander. An old wrinkly one. Anyone else notice how much he licks his top lip. It made me feel...dirty every time I saw it. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    Oh.My.God--i so thought he lookedlizard-like, with the eye blinking and the flickering tongue.
    You're not the only ones who noticed.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Tongue Jut

Last night on The Colbert Report, Dr. Stephen T. Colbert (DFA) noted that John McCain was doing something peculiar with his tongue. The upshot of the joke was that McCain was repeatedly sticking his tongue out like a reptile.

While the late-night laughanistas were having their fun, as a professional poker player I instantly recognized an increasingly well-known poker tell that I’ve been able to use to my advantage at the table.

Retired FBI agent Joe Navarro, a Bluff Magazine columnist and author of Read ‘Em and Reap, a book on poker tells culled from his professional interrogation experience, has written about the “tongue jut,” which is exactly what McCain was doing in the Colbert debate clips. Its significance?
    Tongue-jutting behavior is a gesture used by people who think they have gotten away with something or are “caught” doing something. I have seen this behavior in flea markets both in the United States and in Russia, among street vendors in Lower Manhattan, at poker tables in Las Vegas, and in business meetings. In each case, the person made the gesture – tongue between the teeth without touching the lips – at the conclusion of some sort of a deal or as a final nonverbal statement. This behavior has several meanings – depending on specific situations – but is usually associated with one of these: I got caught (taking candy from a drawer), gleeful excitement (look at what I just did, Mom), I got away with something (and I didn’t get caught), I did something foolish, or I am naughty.
    Naturally, this made me curious as to what exactly McCain was saying when his tongue jutted. So, today, I watched a replay of the whole debate tape.

A few examples:

“Greed is rewarded. Excess is rewarded.”
    “I have a fundamental belief in the goodness and strength of the American worker.”
    “I don’t believe we’re gonna go back to the Cold War. I am sure that that will not happen”
    “... loss of all the fragile sacrifice that we’ve made of American blood and treasure which grieves us all.”

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: The Tongue Jut
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

^^Ha. It's so nice to be validated
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Obama is now known as "That one"
    Looking back at it in retrospect, it sounds cool.

Barack Obama. THAT ONE.

Yep, as in THAT ONE's the next President.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm thinking they put McSame on tranks for the debate. He was just way to controlled.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^ My grandmother told me the same thing. She also said that she has no idea how he can be running for POTUS since at that age she is sooooooooo tired. She said, He's not fooling me!

Hilarious! I'm glad other people are getting the sneaky lizard vibe from him.

I just read this on Huff:

They say that Senator McCain's strong suit is the town hall debate. If this was, in fact, Senator McCain's strength, he might as well go home. Sorry... homes.
    While not as smirky as the first debate, Senator McCain was jittery, reptilian (the darting tongue)

Bob Cesca: That One?!
    Last edited by cmmdee; October 9th, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread Information